Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help?

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    It's fine :)

How would you feel about texting the Samaritans. I have had experiences texting them, and they are really supportive. They listen to you, and ask you questions to try and get you talking about things but it's done in a supportive way, and most of all they never judge you.

I understand your worries, and I was worried when I sent that first text, but they make you feel less worried/nervous straight away.

What do you think?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    katiejayne wrote: »
    but I thought you could talk about anything on the boards.

Hello KatieJayne,

Just to Echo what Butterfly said, yes, you can talk about whatever you want on these message boards, as long as you stick within the Guidelines, it's just to keep each other side, (I recently had to be reminded!)

Sounds like you're having a tough time again, well done for reaching out to people on here, as many people have stated were not here to offer medical advice, we can however offer it from personal support.

I would love to see the pictures of horses though :) - I've always found them to be such beautiful animals :heart: How often do you go riding, or are your times pretty haywire?

Claire recommendation is great, are you going to give Samaritans ago, lovely? :)

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's fine :)

How would you feel about texting the Samaritans. I have had experiences texting them, and they are really supportive. They listen to you, and ask you questions to try and get you talking about things but it's done in a supportive way, and most of all they never judge you.

I understand your worries, and I was worried when I sent that first text, but they make you feel less worried/nervous straight away.

What do you think?

I have text them before, about other stuff, but I feel like I cant tell anyone about this!
  • Options
    I have text them before, about other stuff, but I feel like I cant tell anyone about this!

That's your choice, just remember there are people out there if you change your mind.
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hello KatieJayne,

Just to Echo what Butterfly said, yes, you can talk about whatever you want on these message boards, as long as you stick within the Guidelines, it's just to keep each other side, (I recently had to be reminded!)

Sounds like you're having a tough time again, well done for reaching out to people on here, as many people have stated were not here to offer medical advice, we can however offer it from personal support.

I would love to see the pictures of horses though :) - I've always found them to be such beautiful animals :heart: How often do you go riding, or are your times pretty haywire?

Claire recommendation is great, are you going to give Samaritans ago, lovely? :)

Best wishes,
    Angel

im not sure how to share photos and stuff though, never done it before, or I would. and I have a riding lesson once a week, the other yard varies, haven't been for few months, and the friend who says the horse is mine, normally most days of the week, but shes lame atm so cant (all depending I feel up to leaving the house).

and im not sure about samaritians.
  • Options
    That's your choice, just remember there are people out there if you change your mind.

butterfly, what do you think would happen if I told someone?
  • Options
    I'll be completely honest now. I think everyone would do whatever they can to help you, as it's quite bad now, but I think you may be assessed and I can't guarantee people wouldn't find out because they might.

But I think getting some help is exactly what you need to do. It's great that you're reaching out on here but we can't help put a stop to this, and that's what you need because what's happening is really worrying.
  • Options
    It depends who you tell though. If you told Samaritans they wouldn't tell anyone, they would just listen and try to support you.
  • Options
    assessed for what? what do you mean you cant garentee people wont find out?

and what if I told someone here?
  • Options
    I can't guarantee your mum won't find out, or anyone like that, as she lives with you she may need to keep more of an eye on you, and if the doctor or whoever you told was worried enough, they may need to break confidentiality as what you're doing is unsafe.

Who are you wanting to tell? Telling someone here won't help, there is nothing more anyone here can do. We can only give you advice and suggestions, we can't help any more than that, and this site isn't really for 1-on-1 support. The whole point of the boards is so we can all try to support each other together.
  • Options
    I don't want my mum to find out butterfly, im scared, she cant. so keeping a closer eye on me, so she could just walk in my room to check on me as im doing it! no way! she cant find out!

I dunno who I wanted to tell just something I thought about briefly. im sorry about all this. really sorry
  • Options
    It's understandable that you don't want her to find out. Sorry if I have scared you, I just wanted to tell you honestly what I think will happen.

This is why I think calling or texting the Samaritans would be a good idea. Why don't you send them a text and just see how it goes? You don't have to keep replying to them if you don't want to.
  • Options
    I text
  • Options
    I text

That's great, well done. Did it help at all?
  • Options
    Well done Katie take nice small comfortable steps. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    well haven't told them yet. I just said I needed to talk. and they asked if I could arrange more counselling since I need to talk, but I said no.
  • Options
    Well texting them was really brave. Do you think you are going to tell them about it?
  • Options
    I don't know if I can butterfly
  • Options
    You don't have to.. I think you should though..
  • Options
    Katie, u can tell the samaritans anything and they wont call nobody wont tell anybody ive told them things that I found hard telling others and they didnt judge me or nothing its best to tell someone who wont say anything xx

• Options
    i cant do it
  • Options
    Start of slowly u can do this no such thing as cant xx

• Options
    no I cant, I cant tell anyone!
  • Options
    i cant do it

Nobody is forcing you Katie, it's completely your choice.

Katie I'm really worried though, you can't go on like this. You need the help and I really think Samaritans is a great place to start. You don't have to blurt it out straight away, take your time. If you feel like you really can't then, like I said, that's your choice, but if you ever want this to stop then you need to start somewhere.

*hug*
  • Options
    I know it's hard, sweetie. But the only way any of this is going to get better is to take that step to speak out.

How old are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    I second what butterfly says xx

• Options
    im scared, I want it to stop but im scared to make it stop at the same time. and im 18
  • Options
    What are you most scared of about making it stop?
  • Options
    scared of what will have to happen to make it stop. plus, I don't even remember what it was like before all this, before the voices, im scared to change back cause I don't know what to expect
  • Options
    Okay, you can go to your GP and they will not tell your parents. Also, you can be assessed at a mental health place (your GP would refer you and make calls) and your parents don't have to know, nor do they have to tell your parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk