Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    but I don't understand why should I be proud when still felt like lying, its not as though ive stopped feeling/thinking it.
    You should be proud because even though you felt like lying, you didn't, you kept yourself away from that situation.
    ok so it was good but I feel like your making far more fuss than it deserves
    katiejayne wrote: »
    ok so it was good but I feel like your making far more fuss than it deserves

Okay, that's okay, can I ask why you feel like that?
    I dunno just doesn't feel like ive done something that good, yet your dead proud. feel like im giving you faulse something (not sure what). like when people say giving you faulse hope, but this isn't hope, if that makes sense.
    So you feel like nobody should be proud of you?

I understand that you may not see this as a good thing, but I do.
    Katie ive been reading things that u, fiend and butterfly have been saying and u should be proud of urself sweet, ur here still talking u admitted that u lied that takes alot to admit things like that it really does u should be proud, we are always here for you, in chat it can be difficult at times coz everyone is talking and what we say gets missed it doesnt mean we dont wanna know coz we do we really want to support u and help you as much as we can :-)... give urself and us a chance sweet :-). We are like one big family on here we have loving moments and arguments so please let us in and help u :-)... I hope this made sense. . ♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    I dunno butterfly, im not use to any of this, people being proud of me and stuff, feel like I never do anything right. and thanks mrs just wish I felt that way too.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Katie. I jus wanted to check in and see how you are doing?

And I am pretty sure yiu do stuff right, dont be so hard on yourself lovely :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    ok suppose, right now I am anyway, but never stays this way long. have had a hard few days, haven't even been able to get myself to log in again just lie in bed staring instead, I hate it like im not even here, like im not real or something, I dunno how to explain it.
    I understand what you mean.

What have you done today? Is there something that has made you feel a little better at the moment?
    I went horse riding, not that I really wanted to, but my lesson was already booked in
    Okay so maybe the horse riding is what has made you feel better?

I know how hard it is but it's good to try and make yourself do things you enjoy, when you're feeling low, to make yourself feel better.

What else do you enjoy doing?
    it did, I love going horse riding and talking to my horse riding instructor.

I also like to draw, go for walks (cant on my own though and no one to go with)
    I love drawing and when I draw I forget the bad things. Is this the case with you?
    sometimes I do, but other times I don't. just depends how bad PTSD and anxiety ect is I guess.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    ok suppose, right now I am anyway, but never stays this way long. have had a hard few days, haven't even been able to get myself to log in again just lie in bed staring instead, I hate it like im not even here, like im not real or something, I dunno how to explain it.

The therapist I had last would call that dissociating, like even though you're here, you really aren't, but I get where you're coming from :) - I'm going to end up annoying you with Mindfulness ;) - But Mindfulness comes in handy when you need to bring yourself back in the moment, and avoid allowing yourself to let your mind wonder. I do believe Mindfulness is something you should consider, have you ever been offered DBT as a form of therapy? :)

I've always wanted to go horse riding, sadly I don't have the money to, haha! But horses are such beautiful animals, you should show us some pictures of the horse you ride some day, would love to see them! Do you own the horse, or does it belong to the stables? - Ooh, and what's the horses name? :3 I've always wanted a black one, not sure why, but they've always appealed to me more, in comparison to alternative colours of horses! (Feel like I'm being racist about horses now)!

Have you done any volunteering, you mentioned you liked walking, I love the fresh air to! But my parents are such pains when I go out alone, in comparison to in groups of friends! But I started volunteering, and allowed myself to create new social bonds with people my own age, as well as supporting the environment around me, I do honestly love volunteering! I volunteer with Mencap, a charity focused on supporting people with learning disabilities, but they do such an array of things, its amazing, you honestly do feel like you're changing a life! Have you thought about volunteering before? :)

I miss drawing, even though I'm an art student, I rarely draw, it's all about working with acrylics with me ;) - But it's amazing what the art world get's you in to once you find your mind occupied. What kinda things do you like to draw, Katie? :) We would love to get to know more about you though :)

Look after yourself, and do keep us updated on how things are m'dear, I do hope to see you in chat later thoughh!
    Best wishes,
    Angel!
    Okay, maybe you can try and draw and see if it helps whenever you're feeling low. Have you managed to try mindfulness again? I find mindfulness really helps.

What else do you find helps sometimes?

I have a 'happy jar', this is a jar with happy quotes and sayings in that I read sometimes when I'm feeling low. I find chat to be a great distraction sometimes.
    **Angel** wrote: »
    The therapist I had last would call that dissociating, like even though you're here, you really aren't, but I get where you're coming from :) - I'm going to end up annoying you with Mindfulness ;) - But Mindfulness comes in handy when you need to bring yourself back in the moment, and avoid allowing yourself to let your mind wonder. I do believe Mindfulness is something you should consider, have you ever been offered DBT as a form of therapy? :)

I've always wanted to go horse riding, sadly I don't have the money to, haha! But horses are such beautiful animals, you should show us some pictures of the horse you ride some day, would love to see them! Do you own the horse, or does it belong to the stables? - Ooh, and what's the horses name? :3 I've always wanted a black one, not sure why, but they've always appealed to me more, in comparison to alternative colours of horses! (Feel like I'm being racist about horses now)!

Have you done any volunteering, you mentioned you liked walking, I love the fresh air to! But my parents are such pains when I go out alone, in comparison to in groups of friends! But I started volunteering, and allowed myself to create new social bonds with people my own age, as well as supporting the environment around me, I do honestly love volunteering! I volunteer with Mencap, a charity focused on supporting people with learning disabilities, but they do such an array of things, its amazing, you honestly do feel like you're changing a life! Have you thought about volunteering before? :)

I miss drawing, even though I'm an art student, I rarely draw, it's all about working with acrylics with me ;) - But it's amazing what the art world get's you in to once you find your mind occupied. What kinda things do you like to draw, Katie? :) We would love to get to know more about you though :)

Look after yourself, and do keep us updated on how things are m'dear, I do hope to see you in chat later thoughh!
    Best wishes,
    Angel!

I hate mindfulness, doesnt work. for me anyway. I've never even heard of DBT, what is it?

I ride loads of different ones, most owned by the riding school. ride a couple somewhere different who a woman owns. and ride another one somewhere else that's my friends, but my friend says shes mine. so lots of different names, so wont say them all as you probably don't want to know.

I have volunteered at the riding school where I ride before.

I mainly just draw horses.

i'll try get to chat, but I dunno.
    Okay, maybe you can try and draw and see if it helps whenever you're feeling low. Have you managed to try mindfulness again? I find mindfulness really helps.

What else do you find helps sometimes?

I have a 'happy jar', this is a jar with happy quotes and sayings in that I read sometimes when I'm feeling low. I find chat to be a great distraction sometimes.

I do try but I really struggle to concentrate on drawing especially atm, I don't know why. I hate mindfulness, it doesn't work for me.

talking sometimes helps, like texting a friend or chating on here or something.
    it did, I love going horse riding and talking to my horse riding instructor.

I also like to draw, go for walks (cant on my own though and no one to go with)

Are there any dog charities nearby that need volunteer dog walkers?
    not that I know of, plus I cant go out by myself anyway
    im sick of this! im sick of everything! I cant take anymore!

What's happened Katie?
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I hate mindfulness, doesnt work. for me anyway. I've never even heard of DBT, what is it?

I ride loads of different ones, most owned by the riding school. ride a couple somewhere different who a woman owns. and ride another one somewhere else that's my friends, but my friend says shes mine. so lots of different names, so wont say them all as you probably don't want to know.

I have volunteered at the riding school where I ride before.

I mainly just draw horses.

i'll try get to chat, but I dunno.

Mindfulness is something that takes a very long time to learn, but it's great to hear you've considered giving it ago in the past, sounds like Mindfulness is quite difficult for you then. DBT is a type of therapy specifically designed for Borderline patients, but can be offered for an array of people, maybe it's worth discussing that with your GP, I did CBT forehand and found it to not be helpful, whereas DBT was more beneficial (Uses a lot of Mindfulness).

Of course I want to know the horses names, if I ever had a brown horse, I would name it Buttercup, I've decided ;) - Are you hoping to own your own someday? :)

It sounds like the riding school is a bit of a comfort zone, have you tried more social volunteering, for example with Guides, or a charity you admire at fund raisers, etc. I volunteer with Guides and love it, I also volunteer with Mencap, which holds many festive things to raise money! Have you looked in to more volunteering in your area? :)

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling again, Katie, would you like to tell us a bit more about what's goping on for you? Sounds like you have a fair bit going on for you, but well done for reaching out to us on here :heart:
    just the voices again, making me do stuff I don't want to, stuff I shouldn't do. im scared and mortified and embarrassed and dirty. I just cant take it anymore.
    Is this that thing? You shouldn't feel embarrassed at all *hug*

Could you ring samaritans katie? They will listen to you and will not judge you.

What have you done today? Anything fun? :)
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Of course I want to know the horses names, if I ever had a brown horse, I would name it Buttercup, I've decided ;) - Are you hoping to own your own someday? :)

It sounds like the riding school is a bit of a comfort zone, have you tried more social volunteering, for example with Guides, or a charity you admire at fund raisers, etc. I volunteer with Guides and love it, I also volunteer with Mencap, which holds many festive things to raise money! Have you looked in to more volunteering in your area? :)

well the ones at the riding school that I ride are; TJ, pinto, heather, craig, magic, sollie, Kermit, jake, Thomas, honey (think that's all of them) the ones at the other place are called; messiah, Chesney, lynx, steven (but I only rode lynx so far, help with other ones too though) and my friends are called; puzzle, splash, murphy, tilly, rouge, bliss, daizi, little brother, and theres one more which I cant think of the name :/ (only ridden puzzle, daizi, and murphy though, puzzles the main one). I dunno, I always did, but don't really have time or money for my own atm.

I volunteer helping someone with there horses, the one with lynx ect, but ot that much lately cause shes been really busy
    Is this that thing? You shouldn't feel embarrassed at all *hug*

Could you ring samaritans katie? They will listen to you and will not judge you.

What have you done today? Anything fun? :)

partly that thing, but they made me do something else too, something new :(

just picking up my horses poo :/ gonna bake soon though I think.
    Oh katie, I'm sorry to hear that.

How do you feel about ringing samaritans, or even texting them?

Baking is fun! What are you baking?