Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I can't cope

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pissed off. Sick of everything so I'm thinking about dobbing him in. Does this make me a bad person? Am I selfish? I'm sick of all these lies that he is spreading, all the people he's turning against me. He's playing the victim and everyone is falling for it! All the time I was with him I kept all of his secrets and I get this back? And all these girls he's trying to chat up, makes me feel sick. I'm sick of him treating me like this, like I'm fuck all. There are so many secrets of his that I could tell everyone! One of them, he's getting money he shouldn't get and I'm going to tell. He isn't using me anymore. I feel guilty even thinking about this, but it's not fair is it? Or am I wrong?
  • Options
    We've been telling you to report him since you first joined.
  • Options
    I'm not reporting the physical abuse. I'm thinking about reporting the money he gets, that he shouldn't get. I've got to think about the kids too and I feel selfish, but I feel it's not fair on me that he's still getting this money by using me. Yes, I consented to it when we were together which I know I shouldn't have done but now he's being an arse. Never mind, I'll figure this out on my own.
  • Options
    Just walked past my ex and the kids, the kids were staring at me so I said hello and smiled and expected them to run up to me.. they didn't, they looked away. Ouch. I thought I was finally over the crying but that killed me inside and started all these sad feelings again. The kids loved me, they adored me and I love them.. :(
  • Options
    I'm alone, I'm sad, I'm angry. Want to bash my fucking head.
  • Options
    I wonder what he did to them to make them behave that way.
  • Options
    What are you trying to say? That he hurt them?
  • Options
    I wouldn't put it past an abusive person.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I already explained to you on here that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't physically hurt the children.
    Do you know what, I've said I'm alone and I feel angry, and comments like that really aren't fucking helping.
    I post on here to get out what I'm feeling, don't bother replying if you have nothing helpful to say.
  • Options
    Just walked past my ex and the kids, the kids were staring at me so I said hello and smiled and expected them to run up to me.. they didn't, they looked away. Ouch. I thought I was finally over the crying but that killed me inside and started all these sad feelings again. The kids loved me, they adored me and I love them.. :(

The first time you have to bump into an ex after a break up can be really painful and it's understandable that you feel hurt by the kids reaction, they might be pretty confused by the situation, it's hard to know. What is clear is that you really did care about them and wanted to do the best for them and nothing has to change that.

Big hugs.. support chat is on later if you need to talk and/or get some distraction tonight *hug**hug*
  • Options
    Thanks Jo :heart:
  • Options
    I'm feeling the exact same way :( feeling soooo useless I can't even talk too my partner about it :'( x
  • Options
    Now he's calling me and my family names to people. Uh. Get the fuck over it cause I'm trying!
    I'm feeling angry and really stressed out. I keep snapping at people :( I feel like a right cow.
    Took 3 codeine tablets yesterday to help calm me down and it did work, made me really relaxed. Might take 3 more if I carry on like this cause I hate myself.
  • Options
    Fought the urge to take tablets. I feel okay at the moment. Going to walk the dog, going to go to the video shop to rent moulin rouge, going to try and do a pencil drawing of my gorgeous nephew. Craving a cup of tea too. Trying to keep myself busy until chat is on.
  • Options
    Just had a phone call off someone telling me that my ex has put a load of stuff on Facebook. He's put a picture on of scratches which yes I did when I pushed him off me, for about 3 seconds! I did not just randomly strangle him like he's telling people I did!
    The other he's put a status telling everyone that I've reported him to NSPCC because he doesn't wash, feed, or play with his kids. Why the hell would I do that!? The kids mean a lot to me and I would never try and keep them away from their dad! And who the hell has reported him? Because obviously they've done it to make my ex think it was me! Why would someone do that!?
    I don't know what I have done so wrong to deserve this! And I can't believe he's posted all of this on a social network site!
    Feel like fucking shit now! More crying for me.
  • Options
    Butterfly it will be ok :). Remember you can talk to me and there is chat tonight and we will help you. I know it is really hard and must be horrid but try not to think too much into it. Can you block him on facebook and people who he is friends with so you don't have to see this? You have done nothing wrong and don't deserve this so please don't think that. You are better than your ex anyway. I don't understand everything on facebook but is there a way to report these messages to get them removed? Try not to respond to him though or anyone else making comments about it. He posts them because he wants a response so don't rise to him and remember that you are better.
    It will be ok. I will keep texting you until chat to try and keep you busy. Stay strong and remember there are people here who want to help you and will help you xx
  • Options
    Thanks LC

I blocked him when we broke up so I can't see anything he puts or report anything he puts.
    Somebody that is friends with him on Facebook rang me and told me what he had put and what everyone who has commented have put. They're all saying horrible things. It just frustrates me that I know it's all lies but nobody else thinks it is.

I'll be alright. Was just a massive shock. I thought things had already been as worse as they could but I was wrong.
  • Options
    I know it is hard but just try and ignore the comments. It will get better
  • Options
    Meh. Sick of forcing on the smile, I feel really drained :(
  • Options
    Hugs for your butterfly.

What can you do today to look after yourself? Maybe try and identify a couple of things that you enjoy doing or that give you pleasure and make sure you do them for yourself today.

They can be little things like having some food or a hot drink you like and sitting somewhere comfy for a while with a dvd or a book. Or going for a walk or having a hug with the dog. Or talking to a friend. Or drawing something. Or listening to a song you like. When you're feeling worn out emotionally and drained you need to make sure you actively take care of yourself as much as you can.

Be gentle with yourself *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks

My nephew is coming today, he's nearly 10 months. Later I could have a cup of tea and watch moulin rouge. Walking the dog is part of my pledge so I could do that.

It's the fact that I have to spend time with people when I'm feeling like this. Forcing a smile isn't the easiest thing.

My ex called the police and said I was harassing him. Just found out now that they went to his this morning. They didn't come and see me so I hope he realises now that I did not report him to the nspcc, and I hope everyone else realises that I didn't do any of the things he's saying I did do.
  • Options
    Don't want to be here anymore :(
  • Options
    Have accidentally od'd. Who does that? My heads messed up and I took more tablets forgetting I had already taken some before that. Felt really sick and ended up puking them up, but my eyes still feel very heavy. Got a bit of back pain though which is going to be much worse in an hour because it usually is but don't even know when I'm allowed to take some more tablets. Looks like a sleepless night for me. Wish my head wasn't so fucked up. Since this afternoon I've felt alright compared to this morning but everything is just swimming about in my head and I'm forgetting all the simple stuff.
  • Options
    He's harassing you. Indirectly yes, but slander is not on like this.

I know you don't want to report him, I know you feel guilty about it... that's what he's done to you. You feel like going against him would be to betray all the 'good' he did for you.

But past good means nothing if he's treating you like shit now. It's not the best thing for your kids if they stay with their father, really. It's hard to think otherwise but... if a friend was in the exact same situation as you - being unable to see their kids, being slandered and harassed etc. what would you tell them to do?

At the very least, keep records of what he's doing. Then you've got evidence of things if you finally feel strong enough to go to the police.
  • Options
    They're not my kids. If they were my kids I would have them here with me without a doubt.

I broke down on the phone the other day to my uni friend and she's coming to see me this evening. I know that I'll most probably end up crying again. Uh.
  • Options
    More fucking lies! Do you know what, I can't even be arsed explaining what's been said now. I feel so drained, I really cant be bothered anymore. Just want to cry.
  • Options
    Hi butterfly123,

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling upset, I know you have said you are tired of explaining things but just wanted you to know that there is always someone here at The Site if you wanted to offload. We are here for you*hug*.

Take Care,

Becky.
  • Options
    Thanks becky.

Spent most of tonight crying and fighting the urge to harm myself. I've taken a few codeine tablets to calm me down.

I know I drone on about things, and I know that I just keep saying similar things over and over. Sorry everyone.

I am sick to death of everyone being so horrible about me. I want to know who keeps reporting him about things to make it look like me. I have done nothing to deserve this. When we broke up I grabbed his neck for 3 seconds to get him off me! you can tell by the picture he took and posted on facebook, they're just 2 little red marks. But that seems to be enough for him to play on it and use it against me as much as possible! I should have just let him beat me up!! I think my life would be easier right now if I had. He actually did hurt me a lot and I never bragged about it, and never will. I grabbed his neck for 3 seconds to GET HIM OFF ME! Why is he doing this!? I honestly want to know! Someone has reported him for benefit fraud. Yes, I was thinking about doing this but I didn't. Who the fuck did? Who is trying to make everything worse for me? Well whoever it is, they're succeeding! So thank you, and well done. Think I've lost my job. Supposed to be at least 3 days a week, not even done one day this week and not heard from her. Obviously she's seen or heard about what he's been saying and clearly doesn't want some stupid cow like me around her son. I wonder what's next.

Sorry, everything just started pouring out then.
  • Options
    You don't drone on at all. This is what the site is here for is for you to talk about how you feel and everyone is here to help you through this and to support you. So please don't stop if you need the support and don't apologise.

Please don't worry about the job. I know it is hard not to over think it but I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for it and it is nothing to do with you. I know it is hard to try and forget about your ex and it isn't going to happen over night but you did not deserve anything he did to you and violence is never acceptable so you shouldn't feel like you should have let it happen. Have you had any contact with your ex since you broke up?

Maybe you could try and not go on facebook for a while. I did this once and even though it was a completely different situation it worked. I got my friend who I trusted to change my password so there was no way that I could get on it unless she gave me the password so when I wanted to I couldn't. You are not a stupid cow. You are a lovely girl who we all want to help. *hug*

It will be ok KC
  • Options
    Just want to say I've spent the past 20 odd minutes reading through your situation. I don't really go on this site much beyond on the chat but I'm really hoping things get better for you, I'm terrible with advice since I cant sort myself out, but like anyone else here says, there's people here for you, repeat as much as you want if it makes you feel better!!