Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I can't cope

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks Jo, I know I keep droning on about everything so thank you for replying.
    We lived very close to my parents, so now that I live with my parents again I live very close to him and I see him through the window a lot which I don't think helps me. I always get that weird feeling when he walks past the window, and I'll suddenly feel a bit sick. I've blocked him on Facebook so he can't message me on there, and I can't see anything hurtful he might put about me. I can't bring myself to delete his number off my phone yet.. I don't know why. I know his number off by heart so it wouldn't make any difference but I can't do it. I'm not going to text him. So I haven't spoken to him since, and I haven't been anywhere to see him.
    I'm going to look at that q and a now, as I'm having more trouble sleeping at the moment. I have put all of the photos of us away, but I know they're there and I keep thinking about them. I also can't bring myself to delete them off my phone yet. He deleted the photos of me on his Facebook straight away :(
    I've felt really stressed out, and a bit lost, and I'm sad all of the time. How long will I be sad for? I hate having to try and put on a brave face. Its worse because I feel like he's not even bothered at all, but all day everyday recently I can't be bothered to do anything. Maybe I should force myself to try..
    I might try and go out at the weekend like you said. I'll have a think about what i could do and let you know, if that's okay?
  • Options
    Didn't sleep well at all, worse than usual. Went to sleep around 2, up at half 7. In the night I was up and down.
    I realised this morning that I start physiotherapy on Friday... uh. I honestly don't think I can drag myself to that, and concentrate on whatever she tells me I need to do. I completely forgot about it, and I've had the appointment for 2 weeks. Stupid me.
    I wish all these horrible feelings could be over, cause I hate this :( I hate feeling like this, I hate that all I can think about is him, I hate that it seems like he never cared less about me, I hate that I see the kids through the window sometimes and I can't run out and grab them and give them a big cuddle. Do they miss me? I hate that I don't know what he's told them, what they think of me if he's told them lies. :(
  • Options
    I was thinking about what you said Jo about doing something at the weekend to take my mind off things.
    So nearly a week before me and him broke up, I applied for a child minding job. She got back to me and asked if I could go and meet her and her son but my boyfriend (I know I should call him my ex but don't want to yet :( ) never liked the idea of me doing that. He always wanted me to stay in and look after his children when he wanted me to. Anyway, she messaged me again the other day and I have just messaged her back accepting the job. So I'm going to meet them tomorrow evening, and she wants me to look after her son on saturday. It's a regular weekly job, on saturday and Sunday afternoons and sometimes a few weekday evenings. She's going to pay me 6 pounds an hour.
  • Options
    Hi Butterfly :wave:

That's great news about the child minding! That will keep you occupied at the weekends like Jo said helping to keep your mind off things.

How do you feel about it? This is a positive step to take and it is a way to focus on yourself a little, as it sounds like you deserve it :thumb:

Good luck with meeting the family and the son and let us know how it goes :heart:

purple_rain
  • Options
    Thanks purple-rain. I feel a bit scared, but I like the fact that I got to make my own decision about this. I just hope it's not too much for me, because I feel really down lately and I've done nothing these past 5 days and all of a sudden tomorrow I've got to get up, have a bath, dry and straighten my hair, put make up on, walk up to the house to make sure I can find it for later, walk back home, walk back up later to actually meet them. To me it sounds like a lot since doing nothing and I'm not eating so I have no energy at the moment. When I stand up I go dizzy for a minute. I know I probably sound lazy to you all at the moment but I honestly feel physically drained and weak and I am quite proud of myself for at least trying to do something tomorrow.
    Not sleeping well, awake now watching a dvd so I'm not sure how I'll feel when I wake up tomorrow. Sorry, everyone, that I keep moaning.
  • Options
    Feel really stressed out!! This wasn't a good idea.. :(
  • Options
    Perhaps see if you can eat something, even if it's just a bit of toast or a bowl of cereal - you might find that it helps? It's just an idea but having an empty stomach and no fuel inside you can effect your moods too and it sounds like you need to keep your strength up a bit :yes:

You mention that you liked that you got to make your own decision about this and that's really important. It can be hard to lose a relationship but gaining your independence again can be super satisfying.

It also means that you probably feel a bit more responsible about it all going well too and if you've not done much the last few days it's going to feel a bit strange getting back out there in the world like you say, even just getting dressed, putting make up on and going outside which seem like everyday things. It's natural to have taken some time to feel sad this week, you're allowed to!

Please don't feel that you are moaning at all too - this place is exactly where to come when you need to offload. Good luck *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks Jo.. I might try and nibble some toast. I guess I shouldn't really go to meet them with an empty stomach, as knowing my luck I'll probably end up feeling sick while I'm there. Feeling sick on and off recently.
    I hope it goes well, who knows though. I feel like nothing ever goes well for me.
    I've walked there to make sure I can find it later, and its literally a 5 minute walk from where I live which is good.
    So far I've had a bath, done my hair and make up, got dressed, and been out of the house even if it was for just 10 minutes.
    Also, I own a lot of clothes and most of the ones I usually wear are still packed. Took me ages to pick something to wear, but its good that I'm allowed to wear what I want and I don't have to wear what he wants me to anymore.
  • Options
    Wish I could tell everyone to sod off! People that were mine and his 'friends' keep trying to stick their noses into my life acting like they all of a sudden give a crap? Whatever. Just trying to get some 'gossip' off me now that they have heard his lies. Ahh! I know the truth so I don't want people like these in my life. I did not treat him like my 'punching bag' and I feel so upset that people would even believe that.
    Even when we were together and he actually was hurting me I never told anyone that we knew, and its not fair that he's lying, and telling everyone these lies. I even have photos of marks and bruises he gave me on my phone, and even now I wouldn't show anyone.. :(
  • Options
    Met them, they were all nice and the little boy seems to be well behaved. I start on Saturday.
  • Options
    that's great!!
  • Options
    He was outside on the way to physio.. I pretended I hadn't seen him, I smiled and I flicked my hair. Really all I wanted to do was cry there and then. I had that horrible feeling in my stomach :(
  • Options
    I want to hurt myself
  • Options
    I'm giving up. No, I'm not saying I want to kill myself. I'm giving up with trying to get on with my life. What's the point? Everyone hates me now, they all think I'm this awful person who gets their kicks from hurting other people. He never cared about me, obviously. I've got nothing going for me. Wow, one little job that's not even 5 days a week? Why should I bother? I've got nobody, not really. My sister has a baby and works, my parents work full time. My 'drinking friend' hates me now. My other friends at uni. That's it. I walked past one of 'our' friends before and she gave me a dirty look. He's playing the victim, and apparently I'm some 'phsyco'. That's what people are calling me. So sod it, I'm not going to bother anymore. I'm just going to lounge about the house and do naff all. I deserve nothing.
  • Options
    Fuck this shit
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Do you want to talk about anything? <3
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    What's to talk about. It's fine. Just gotta put up with all of this shit like I always fucking have to.
    Sorry if I sound crabby with you, don't mean to. X
  • Options
    You don't have to put up with feeling like this.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    What else can I do? Nothing.
  • Options
    I'm really struggling :no:
  • Options
    Done something stupid and its messed up my head. I am stupid.
  • Options
    If you want to talk about anything we are here for you!!
  • Options
    I'm an idiotic slut.
  • Options
    I'm an idiotic slut.

Pretending for a moment that I agree with the concept of "slut": why?
  • Options
    Sorry if anyone is offended by that, not my intention at all.

My ex got very jealous over something that was nothing, this made me feel like he still loved me, and we ended up sleeping together. My fault I know. I'm an idiot and I bring all this shit on myself. Don't think we're planning on talking again.
  • Options
    I'm not offended. I just don't think there's any such thing as a slut.

Anyway.

Everybody makes bad choices at some point or other. I do regularly. Having sex with someone isn't the end of the world, though.

Is this the same guy or a different one? Because if it's the same one I'd suggest that not talking again is not a bad thing.
  • Options
    Same guy, the one I loved for so long.

But tonight I'm feeling positive so this is how I'm going to look at the whole situation.
    He doesn't love me if he can spread these lies about me, if he actually cared he would have spoke to me after last night or he could have at least text me today, he physically hurt me during our relationship which you shouldn't do to someone you're supposed to love and I can make my own decisions now! I can do what I want because he can't control me anymore. Yes, I'm still hurting and I'll still probably moan because who knows how I'll feel tomorrow, or the next day, or the week after. But in the long run I'm better off.
    Thank you to everyone who supported me through this. I don't know what I would have done without the site, chat, and you guys. My family have been great but I don't tell them everything like I do on here. They still don't know that he physically hurt me, and that he tried to control a lot of things and they probably won't unless I absolutely need to tell them and I don't see why I would. So thanks again <3
  • Options
    That's an excellent way of looking at it :).

I'd say perhaps this was a good thing as it's made you realise how little he cares about your feelings?

Keep up the positive thoughts!
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess it was a good thing. It hurt, it still hurts but you're right, I did realise that he doesn't care at all.
    I just need to enjoy life as it is now. I can make my own decisions, I can go out when and where I want, I have a job that I love which I wouldn't be allowed to do if we were still together, I don't feel pressured to do anything anymore.
    The only thing that upsets me now is that people are eviling me in the street because of the lies he's spreading, which means people believe him. And also, he's getting his mate to spy on me. I thought this meant he misses me and isn't over me but I think that's wrong? I hope by doing this that my ex realises I can live without him, quite happily.
  • Options
    Just found out that he left the kids home alone today....
    I am very angry. Just because I'm not there to be treated like his personal child minder does not mean he can leave the kids home alone! They are 7 and 5 years old. He left them for only about 10 minutes but still I don't agree with this. Apparently he didn't even lock the door. What the heck is he thinking!? I feel like I care about those children more than him.