Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I can't cope

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Right you....what happened to staying positive?! :p. I know it isn't easy to stop and not do what you did to yourself but what I find helpful is having a strategy in place so if I feel my mood going downhill I start doing my strategy which involves focussing on my breathing and keeping myself busy. Admittedly it doesn't always work but I always think it is worth a try.

Alsooooo who are you referring to as your crazy friend?! :p.

Ok so happy stuff....what have you got planned for the weekend?
  • Options
    I do try mindfulness.. when I remember! Sometimes I just get lost in the moment.. I'm being positive now at least!

Erm.. well notice I put (but lovely) too! :thumb:

Saturday it's finally the bonfire/fireworks.. hopefully it won't get postponed again. That's about it so far.. I should probably try and make some plans. Chat though on sunday night :)

I bet I can guess yours.. Hockey, X factor andddd coffee!!
  • Options
    haha cheeky! Ok well you need to try and remember to do mindfullness as I think it is really effective for you!
    Fireworks sounds good. I haven't been to any this year but mainly because I can't really stand up for long periods and I'm not the biggest fan of the noise they make.

Your pretty close with mine. I have hockey on Saturday and then going down the clubhouse as it is my teams turn to man the bar so no xfactor for me :o But I will catch up on Sunday before the result show and I will rely on you to keep me updated. I'm hoping to go and see my friend on Sunday so that should be good. busy busy busy
  • Options
    I'm not keen on the noise either, I cover my ears. My aspergers means I don't like loud noises though.

At least you can watch fireworks on the internet, I'll have pictures too that I shall show you.

Ooh nearly right then.. Glad you have a busy weekend planned :)
  • Options
    oooo yes please lots of pictures :)
  • Options
    My back is killing, not had enough sleep, feel like crap, it's moving day today I think for my ex.....
    All I want to do is cry :(
  • Options
    Please can someone help me :( I don't know.what to do
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Whats happened?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I can't do this
  • Options
    Hey butterfly, it sounds like you could do with someone to talk to and of course you're welcome to keep posting here and let us know a bit more about what's happening. It sounds like you've got a tough day ahead with your ex and his kids moving but I noticed in the weekend thread you're also seeing your nephew today, hopefully that will be a good distraction :)

Do you want to tell us a bit more about how you're feeling right now?

Another option that you might like to try would be to talk to someone via a helpline. Supportline or the Samaritans both offer a confidential and friendly listening ear.

Get Connected are also set up specifically for young people to put you in touch with relevant support. Have you ever tried a helpline before? It's not for everyone but I thought it was worth mentioning..

Big hug *hug*
  • Options
    Butterfly remember to stay positive?! Try and think of other things. Where is it you are going to the fireworks on Saturday?!

As you are AMAZING at drawing why don't you think of something new to draw. Do you find it relaxing?

*hug* you will get there lovely. It must be really hard but remember we are here to listen if you want to talk about how you feel
  • Options
    My nephew is here but I'm upstairs, I keep snapping at everyone and all I want to do is cry. My nephew got really excited when he saw me though :heart:

I feel horrible. I'm starting to cry again now. I have to try and hold it in though. Everyone keeps saying things I don't want to hear but I have to pretend and agree with them.

Honestly, I think I'm most upset about the kids. I never got to say bye when we broke up, and I can't say bye now :( I keep thinking do they hate me? I keep wondering about what they might have heard. I want to tell everyone what a liar he is but I can't. I don't understand why I'm so upset. I should be happy that he's going right? But no I just keep crying and its shit! I can't bring myself to throw poems away that he wrote for me, I've got photos in my drawer of him. Everything reminds me of him and it still upsets me even though I'm glad not to be in an abusive relationship anymore. I just want to hurt myself, cry, sleep all of this away, dose myself up on morphine. I haven't eaten today so I already feel sick as I've had codeine.

I haven't tried a helpline before, but I'm not very good with phoning people.

Sorry for droning..

Thanks Jo :heart:
  • Options
    Lauren92 wrote: »
    Butterfly remember to stay positive?! Try and think of other things. Where is it you are going to the fireworks on Saturday?!

As you are AMAZING at drawing why don't you think of something new to draw. Do you find it relaxing?

*hug* you will get there lovely. It must be really hard but remember we are here to listen if you want to talk about how you feel

Drawing helps when I'm doing it, its just starting it that I struggle with.

I tried to stay positive but it's too hard :(

Thanks LC
  • Options
    Please try and eat something with codeine as it will end up causing more problems. Even just a glass of milk to line your stomach. I don't know if it will help but have you thought of writing a letter of what you would say to the kids if you could. You could write everything including your goodbyes which you missed out on. Then you don't have to send the letter but it may help you to get closure. It is still very soon since you broke up so you are bound to have reminders which must be horrid as its natural to associate things with people and experiences. Do you think going downstairs and playing with your nephew would be a distraction?
  • Options
    I'll cry too much if I wrote a letter like that.. I just want to hide and make it all go away
  • Options
    ok thats fine. It was just a suggestion. I know you do and I wish it was that easy. Remember keep your chin up and you will get through this. For now though try and distract yourself :)
  • Options
    Got through today so far but my nephew has just gone :(
  • Options
    Went leave picking and on the way back he stopped what he was doing and started bitching about me to his mate. I just got nervous and walked on. Why did I not stop to tell him what I think!? Uh.
  • Options
    Well they've gone.... I feel sick and feel like I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight :(
  • Options
    Hugs. Sorry I didnt reply to this thread yesterday was just a busy day.

Wanted to check in to see how you are today. Yesterday must have been really tough but you showed strength to stay strong through it.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Don't say sorry, you don't have to reply :)

I guess I'm okay thanks.. cried a lot last night so think I got all of my tears out. I feel a little bit numb today but I'm alright.
  • Options
    Yeah but I wanted to reply dude. Its good to cry, helps release a bunch of emotions. Hugs x

• Options
    I am in the foulest mood today. I feel so angry! I keep snapping at everyone around me. They're all calling me moody because they don't know what's up with me. Honestly I don't even know why I feel like this. In bed now watching telly with my cat snugged up next to me, hopefully I can have a little nap. I never nap but today I feel like I don't want to be here.
  • Options
    I feel sad today.. and let down. Uh. I managed to sleep okay, maybe because I was up really early yesterday morning but.. wish I hadn't woke up and decided to look at something. Feel like crying again.
  • Options
    Running out of codeine! Got 4 tablets left and the only doctor that would let me have them is fully booked until Thursday! I need them for my back, and they help me to relax. They're crap, my doctors. I have sciatica, I need painkillers but no other doctors let me have them! Uh. Looks like morphine til hopefully Thursday.
  • Options
    KC you can buy coedine over the counter. Probably not as strong as you have but you can buy co-codamol and other paracetamol and coedine mix tablets at any pharmacy so I would try that before the morphine especially as that wasn't prescribed for you.

With what you saw today I know how hard it is not to be angry about it and have mixed emotions as I am the same. I am trying so hard to hold back from saying something I know I will regret. But please try and remember that you are a better person that them and all you did wrong was try to help (which isn't even wrong). I'm glad you managed to sleep ok lovely. See today as a new day....Is it today your seeing your nephew? *hug*
  • Options
    I can get solpadeine over the counter but its crap compared and it has caffeine in it too. I know you worry lovely but I've taken morphine before, it only makes me feel a bit sick. But it makes me sleepy and calm and it gets rid of the pain. I'll be fine :)

And you LC, you tried to help too. I'm sorry it has upset you. . *hug*

Yep it is today that I'm seeing my little man :) I'm still not even ready.. I've got 10 mins before I go to pick him up. Let me know how your appointment goes :)
  • Options
    aww that is cute. What you going to do with him today?!
  • Options
    Just staying in the house, yuk weather. I have the cutest picture LC you need to see it.

He's playing at the moment with his musical toy but I keep standing up and saying come here baby and he crawls over to me really fast and touches the bottom of my leg for me to pick him up :)
  • Options
    That is soooooo cute :)