Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

To quit or not to quit?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you Loved Up Blonde :)
    And I have found 3 places that I'm going to ring up and go and visit :)

And we have discussed that; paying my mum money. But she wants over £60 a week, and also she will get into trouble if I keep on living here while working.
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    Thank you Loved Up Blonde :)
    And I have found 3 places that I'm going to ring up and go and visit :)

And we have discussed that; paying my mum money. But she wants over £60 a week, and also she will get into trouble if I keep on living here while working.

and how much do you think it'll cost to move out, To be honest £60.00 isn't all that much for rent.
  • Options
    But it's a lot to pay while you're living at home. She will want around seventy, my mum will.
    Plus, she will get into trouble if I stay at home.
  • Options
    Have you budgeted all your bills for when you move out? and how much income you'll be getting?
  • Options
    I get between 85 and 100 a week now, without overtime. With overtime, between 100 and 150.

When I am 18, I will be earning between 100 and 120 without overtime.
    120+ with overtime.
  • Options
    And do you feel this will be enough to pay all your bills?
  • Options
    My boyfriend is going half with me for the first week, then he will be paying about a quarter from then onwards..
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I dared to comment, I didn't say anything about being benefit scum though, perhaps those are internalised feelings of hatred you have for yourself?

Im sorry but I cannot let this comment lie without offering a response.

I admit I am on benefits, BUT I did not choose to have a child to get those benefits, at the time of my initial post
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I think I might get banned.....

PLEASE... Please for the love of all that is sane... tell me you are not going to have a kid to get money/a home etc etc...... or your even considering it in your situation...

It came across to myself that she was having a CHILD to claim benefits (which she has clarified that she isn't)

There is a fine difference with myself and what I commented at. the difference is the situation I commented about (and NOT lyrics but in general) is those people who choose to have children or family for the financial gains. refuse to go out and work because it is easier to lay about and sponge of the goverment. I AM not that.

I admit I am on some sort of benefit, and I WORK so damn hard every single day of my life to get of those. I know I will not be on them within the next couple of years. I know for a fact I work hard so I do not have to accept some shitty hand out from the goverment because I do not earn enough to support my family. YOU have NO FUCKING right to criticize my situation. YOU do not know what I do for my family, how hard I work and how much I sacrifice. DO NOT DARE compare me with those people who do not work.

But then again Katralla, you also wouldn't know about those benefits I turned down. for example the FREE house, with FREE council tax I got offered. the housing benefit I "could" get to help pay my rent, If I really wanted to I could take A WHOLE lot more but no, I take the bare minimum on which I believe I need to help pay my bills and give my son the life he deserves.

Lyric, I sincerely apologise for going off topic in your thread, I couldn't let that sit though so I do aplogise.

I understand your boyfriend helping a lot. have you sat down though and worked out how much you get in and how much will go out, two columns? obviously the IN needs to be bigger than the out. if you haven't I'd recommend doing it ASAP.

The last thing you want to do is move out, and find out your outgoings are more than your incomings, because then you'll be left in a very very tight situation.
  • Options
    I didn't criticise your situation, all I think is that you are in the same position as other people on benefits receiving £120 a week from the gov. You seem to not like that, fine, but I'm not the one who has a problem with it.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I didn't criticise your situation, all I think is that you are in the same position as other people on benefits receiving £120 a week from the gov. You seem to not like that, fine, but I'm not the one who has a problem with it.

HAVE YOU READ A WORD I HAVE SAID, I have a problem with those on benefits who decide, fuck it I get a easy free live on benefits, I'll refuse to work.

Now if you've not got a problem with that, then I question your morals.
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm not pregnant or anything, I wasn't actually planning to have one.

I think moving out is the best option for me though.
    Lol
    I'm happily taken
    I want to be pregnant soon and married.

Huh??
  • Options
    Hellfire, you don't need to justify your situation. Maybe if people want to discuss benefits in general they could start a thread in politics and debate or something?
    Lyric, how would your mum get into trouble if you stay at home? From what you've said your parents have legitimate reasons for not working, at least officially, so wouldn't it be expected that you intend to work? My mum is career for my autistic brother and me and my sister have both worked in the past and its been fine, apart from being expected to contribute more than I was earning to the rent. £120 a week isn't a lot to live on, and if you intend to go to uni is moving out the best way to make sure you pass your exams and try to save some money if you can? Staying at home if you can might be the best thing. Good luck with whatever you decide. You will need to plan ahead though, because if you have a flat for a year, for example, it's important to be sure that you'll be able to pay the rent for the whole year, not just the next few weeks. What would happen if you split up with your boyfriend and lost the money he was contributing? I'm not trying to upset you, but leaving home isn't just about moving your stuff, you'll need to plan your budget and deal with things like the fridge breaking or the company providing your electricity having a computer error so they won't accept that you've paid the last bill. Maybe you could plan, as far as you can, how you would deal with certain situations, for example, would you still be able to contact your mum, and how would you keep your food budget as low as possible without making yourself ill?
  • Options
    Hellfire, you don't need to justify your situation. Maybe if people want to discuss benefits in general they could start a thread in politics and debate or something?
    Lyric, how would your mum get into trouble if you stay at home? From what you've said your parents have legitimate reasons for not working, at least officially,

Not at present, some deductions should be made for what Lyric is earning, when she turns 18 her mother would lose most/quite a lot of the housing benefit.
  • Options
    If the amount of rent lyric would need to pay is less than the amount she's earning, I still think it might be better to stay at home. She'll have more money for herself that way, rather than spend it on rent and bills or food (I've often had to choose between them).
  • Options
    If the amount of rent lyric would need to pay is less than the amount she's earning, I still think it might be better to stay at home. She'll have more money for herself that way, rather than spend it on rent and bills or food (I've often had to choose between them).

Oh I agree and have said that before, however I believe Lyric has made her mind up and is definitely moving out, so all we can do is help her with the move..
  • Options
    I'm not recieving benefit money. I have a job!
    And it's okay Hellfire, I appreciate your apology.
    No, I haven't calculated my incomings and outgoings yet, but I will do soon. I wish I didn't have to move out, but I have to.
  • Options
    I want to stay at home, but my mum would be fined or prosecuated.
    Because she has not declared that I have been working for the past year.
  • Options
    Thank you. I'm sure we will manage though.
  • Options
    Whats the news on the situation lyric? :)
  • Options
    I'm still living at home. I've been phoning up flats and arranging viewings because my mum wants me out soon.
    I wish she would just leave it till after my birthday :(
  • Options
    Dont worry :( have you tried ringing up the shelter or anything like that?
  • Options
    No, I haven't, to be honest. I should.
  • Options
    its probally the best, im not sure exactly what they can do for you, but im sure its much better than paying 400+ on rent and bills than a month.
  • Options
    Okay, I'll ring some time.
  • Options
    if you move out, then the chances are youll need to give up college and get a full time job.
    It shouldnt be like that, but it is
  • Options
    if you move out, then the chances are youll need to give up college and get a full time job.
    It shouldnt be like that, but it is

:yes: I tried to look into continuing uni/college when I first moved out with lolz, No way could we afford it.
  • Options
    exactly what suzie said! you should get in touch with organizsations, ask jimV about them! Especially how you'v got prospects of going to uni
  • Options
    Well I finish sixthform in May anyway.
  • Options
    Is that how being 17 worked for you in your household geneve, you could control what your parents did to suit yourself?
  • Options
    They won't listen to me.
    I do understand what you're both saying but they won't listen :(
    And they will get into trouble regardless of whether they get a job or not. Because they did not declare mine.
    And they 'can't' work. My mum is suffering from 'depression' and is a carer for my sister with her supposed ADHD and my dad is not even supposed to be living in our house.