Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

50/50.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It isn't so much the zero knowledge about the female body, how it works and what happens after sex... unfortunatly there are many many many people out there without the proper knowledge. I'm more on about the fact that she is on the internet, knower of all things, and can't figure out how to find out what a mucus plug or imminent is.
  • Options
    true, yeah I didn't mean so much about the whole pregnancy thing. I took it more to be a dig at her for not knowing what "imminent" meant.
    No, at 17 you should know about babies and stuff really.
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    Plug of mucus?
    And what is imminent?

One of the signs that the labour is about to start very soon, is called a show, and its like a blob of slime that was at the neck of the womb on the inside.

I only mentioned it because biggay thought bleeding in pregnancy was called a show, but thats not what a show is.

Bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out, and youre definitely pregnant as youve had two positive pregnancy tests
  • Options
    I reported the usage of my friends, and that they consider spotting at the beginning of a pregnancy to be not unusual (but something that does need to be checked). I trust their experience, but not their terminology.
  • Options
    I think what you're referring to is what's known as an implantation bleed, but that occurs much earlier, before a pregnancy test would give a positive result. So if someone has already had a positive result, and then gets some bleeding, even spotting, that isn't the implantation bleed that you're talking about, so they need to see a doctor.

Also, implantation bleeds aren't that common. Bleeding in pregnancy isn't always a sign you're about to miscarry, but it often is, so it must be checked out.
  • Options
    no, that's not what they were referring to.
  • Options
    Hi :) :wave:
    Last year, November, at 17, feeling completly normal and fine.. watching corrie in bed and thought "ohh not had a period:chin:... should probably do a test?" so off i go and do a test...... now luckily in my house, having a sister, myself and brothers gf living there, pregnancy tests are well stocked up on..... so 4 pregnancy tests later.... all posative... im sitting on the toilet thinking... "hmm perhaps there wrong, i dont feel different, no sickness" but then common sense is telling me... "all wrong?! all four of them wrong?!" so yeah at this point im bricking it.
    two of them had very faint second lines, so im sat on the toilet convincing myself their wrong... they must be wrong... these ones havent got two solid lines... soo all the tests must be dodgy?

anyway consult my mum (hardest things ive ever done in my life, didnt say anything just handed her the pregnancy tests)
    tell her i think they must be dodgy, mother informs me you cant get a false posative, but false negatives are very common. reason being, the pregnancy hormone has to be in your urine to make the test show posative. false negatives can occur due to pregnancy being to early... drinking alot of water etc etc (as im sure someones already said)
    so now i really am bricking it, Ive just split up with my boyfriend who i dispised, getting ready to go off to uni... :nervous:
    anyway this was on the saturday and by the monday i found myself at the doctors not knowing what the hell to say or expect. i told him id done pregnancy tests and they had come up posative. this was enough for him, he didnt do any test, and simply asked "pregnant then. good or bad thing?"
    told him i was overly thrilled about it, worked out how many weeks i was (5) and refered me to a consultation clinic. my appointment was about 2 weeks later,by this point i had horrible morning sickness and wanted to die!:impissed: they asked questions to be sure i was posative about an abortion, and gave me a scan. i was then given a date for the procedure at the clinic in liverpool which was the following week. scariest day of my life but when i came round from the operation... and felt completly normal my nightmare was over.

so here is a personal experience for you. unfortunatly trying to kid yourself your not pregnant does not work. At 17 you should know having sex unprotected = babies! not to mention risk of catching sti's. my pregnancy was just an accident. ive always used condoms! and did the night i conceived :mad:

like my mum said to me when i didnt want to go to the doctors "if you want to be grown up having sex, you know what can happen and has happend, now its time to be grown up and deal with the consequences"
    it was scary but the thought of having a baby was even scarrier.

id suggest doing a few pregnancy tests, you can get reliable ones for a pound as someones already suggested, thats what i used! or 2 for £3 at boots.
    you keep saying your going to go to the doctors, but have you actually been yet?
    everyone seems to be advising the same, and yes i apreciate you might be scared to go, but you cant keep avoiding the advice. i dont mean to sound harsh, its not my intention, and ive stayed out of this thread as long as i could, ive been in the situation, ive been indenial, ive been scared but i decided to be mature and go the right way about it.
    even if you do plan to keep the baby, like people have already said, going to the doctors asap is important as check ups and tests are needed!

good luck.:thumb:
  • Options
    1. You got an abortion? That's sick.
    2. And okay, I understand what you're saying. You do have a point, of course.

I honestly do not think I am pregnant. I have had a 'period', it looked like period, smelt like it, everything. Only last for 2 days, was very light, but still.. And no morning sickness or anything.
  • Options
    As you've had 2 positives chances of you being pregnant are very high.
  • Options

And that is completly unnecessary and a downright disgusting, ignorant and offensive thing to say. If that is what you think, fine, but keep it to yourself, don't go spouting off to somebody who has taken their time and effort to tell you of their personal experiences (which can be a very traumatic time for some women) and to write out a well thought out and helpful response to your incessant deniability and helplessness.
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    And that is completly unnecessary and a downright disgusting, ignorant and offensive thing to say. If that is what you think, fine, but keep it to yourself, don't go spouting off to somebody who has taken their time and effort to tell you of their personal experiences (which can be a very traumatic time for some women) and to write out a well thought out and helpful response to your incessant deniability and helplessness.

Agreed. Getting so sick of this. I have little sympathy for you, and all sympathy for the child growing in your womb.

((hugs)) to x</3x
  • Options
    Lyric, Please understand I do have a lot of sympathy for you, I understand how scary it is finding out you might/can be pregnant, me and my wife went through it, however I have to say you need to stop dragging you feet and sticking your head in the sand.

You say you’ve had to positive test but your not pregnant, you base this on a light “period” which everyone has told you is very normal to get. My wife had very “light” periods during the first 12weeks she was pregnant (both times) and this is not uncommon, with regards to morning sickness, not everyone gets it, my wife was fortunate not to get any till later in the pregnancy first time around.

You really need to get this checked out, get down and inform the doctors, your getting close to the stage of needing midwife appointment and scans.

I can only agree with what others have said, everyone here has been more than patient with you, repeating the same thing constantly, and we understand it is because your scared and it is a scary prospect, however calling someone sick for getting an abortion is very wrong, You do not know the full circumstances behind it and it is their choice, not yours to judge. You also do not know how this may have affected them, this is clearly a subject that the poster may have had trouble talking about, yet she chose to to help you

The poster was only trying to help and you threw it into her face. I am sorry but that was horrible.

I do wish you all the best. There is nothing else I feel I can add, I am sure other posters are the same and unfortunately it is all up to you now. I’ll be honest, you need a good kick up the bum to get your head into gear (I mean this in a nice way) but alas this is the internet and unfortunately we can not do that here.

Best of luck
  • Options

:yeees: :grump: :impissed:

You know what? I had so much sympathy for you before. Now I just realise you are ignorant. Even if this wasn't a forum created to support people I would consider you rude and ungrateful. But as it is, posting something like this on a forum designed to help people who have been through traumatic experiences, which abortion often is, is downright offensive.

If you are still going to refuse to take the advice you have been given while still posting comments like this, which could easily be seen by someone who is trying to decide whether or not to have an abortion and is looking for HELP (much like we have all tried to give you throughout this thread), my advice to you is as follows:

STFU. GTFO.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Woah :eek2:

Lyric - normally I would have deleted your comment and hoped that others wouldn't have had to read it. As it stands others have seen it and given a perfectly valid reaction - your comments are highly judgemental and unkind and we don't tolerate that kind of disregard for other's decisions on TheSite.org.

If you intend on sticking around to get advice from people here, then you're really going to need to take a good step back and try to understand that everyone has their own unique feelings and experiences that you're not qualified to make hateful judgements about.

Please lets not here any more about this from anyone - this thread is on the verge of closure already...
  • Options
    Okay, I understand. I'm sorry for being rude.
    And I do appreciate the help everyone has given me. I went to the doctors this morning and I am not pregnant, by the way. But me and my boyfriend have decided that we will be soon trying for a baby now anyway :)
  • Options
    Dear lord......
  • Options
    plz tell me, you try for a baby just because your boobs will grow. I mean I hope they grow, imagine you are 8 months preggers and your bf leaves you cuz he saw your chest!
  • Options
    Oh my god! Wow, must be a miricle. Two POSITIVE preg tests... and you aren't pregnant...
    Xx
  • Options
    I'm thoroughly confused... none of this thread makes sense any more...!
  • Options
    I figured that one was positive due to a watermark and I just don't know about the other one..
  • Options
    StrubbleS, why would my boyfriend leave me if I was 8 months pregnant and he saw my chest?
  • Options
    But me and my boyfriend have decided that we will be soon trying for a baby now anyway :)

And after how you've reacted this time you think your ready?
  • Options
    Wow, what a loving relationship you and him must have. Such trust! You are having a kid... but he's never seen your boobs. Does he not find that weird?
  • Options

Well, firstly, no, YOU'RE sick for making that judgement about another human being.

And secondly you have just confirmed my suspicions that you are a troll. I will no longer be replying to your threads. Feeding time is over :thumb:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    OK, closing now.
This discussion has been closed.