Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

50/50.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    By the way Jamelia, how you've expressed the situation in your last post was really strong and positive - but that's different to how you were expressing it before. :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jamelia wrote: »
    it's also important to impress upon lyric just how serious the situation is and how time is of the essence, and while she obviously needs support and guidance, she also needs people to be firm and clear in their insistence that she needs to address this situation right away. I've been through all this stuff - I was pregnant with an unwanted baby at the age of 17, caused as in this case by my own stupidity - not using contraception with absolutely no good reason not to. So I know that time is of the essence, because if she ends up deciding not to go through with the pregnancy, she'll need to act quickly. Abortions are more easily procured and less painful and traumatic to go through the earlier you have them. As it was, once I went to see a doctor, I still had to wait five weeks for my abortion, which was really not fun, feeling the baby growing inside me and feeling my body changing and knowing what I was going to do.

:thumb:

That's the way to get the message across
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    she also needs people to be firm and clear in their insistence that she needs to address this situation right away.

Pish. if she ignores it it'll go away on it's own. It might take 16 years.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice :)
    Especially from Helen for sticking up for me.
    I'm sorry for 'ignoring' peoples' advice.. I just get nervous and take a long time to get round to things. But I am taking everyone's advice on board..
    So thank you :)
  • Options
    Well, you aren't because you haven't been for another test... which is the only advice anyone has really given.
    Xx
  • Options
    I have taken another test. It says negative.. but a very unsure negative.
  • Options
    Unsure negative? God, when I had one there was only two little lines to detect it...
    Anyway, go to the doctors then! It isn't hard trust me.
    Xx
  • Options
    Heya Lyric

You've had 3 tests now right? That must have cost a bit :p

Have you had any further thoughts about going to see a doctor, or going to Brook like you previously mentioned? You can find out where your nearest service is here.

If you're worried about going, maybe you could share some of your worries here. Other users will have been through the same thing so they might be able to put your mind at rest.

Hope you're ok :)
  • Options
    Well on this test, a line means negative and a cross means positive. Mine is a bold line but a verrrrry faint line going through it.
  • Options
    well, thats two positives now then.
    Xx
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    Well on this test, a line means negative and a cross means positive. Mine is a bold line but a verrrrry faint line going through it.

just get yourself down to the brooke/faimly planning :) you need to know a clear answer so you know which step to take, the longer you leave it, the worse this situation is going to get...

quick question....does your boyfriend know your in this situation?
  • Options
    ANY second line is a positive. It doesn't matter how faint it is.

The only exception is the ghost lines I was on about earlier, but they'd appear later. If you checked it in the proper time, you're pregnant.
  • Options
    It does sound a lot like you might be pregnant. An appointment with a GP is a good idea either way, just to confirm or deny this.

Have you started to think about what you will do if indeed you are pregnant?
  • Options
    I will keep it. And yes, my boyfriend knows.
  • Options
    I will keep it. And yes, my boyfriend knows.

whats your boyfriends opinion on you keeping it if you are pregnant? have you told your parents?

just think about if you really want this baby.....
  • Options
    Well I don't know if I'm definatley pregnant or not yet.
  • Options

Do you want to find out for definite?
  • Options

yes, but the results are looking as if you are.....so you really need to start thinking

have you booked an appointment anywhere? like the brooke or gp?
  • Options
    ive only ever had faint lines on pregnancy tests, but have three children to show for it.
    It sounds to me like youve had another positive
  • Options
    Yep, as everyone has said, any second line, no matter how faint, is a positive. It looks a lot like you are pregnant, but it seems that you won't believe this until a doctor has actually confirmed it for you. It might be scary for you to do that, but there's no alternative really. You can keep taking tests over and over at home, but you aren't going to accept that you're pregnant until you've had a test from a doctor.
  • Options
    a doctor will only ask if youve done a HPT. They dont actually test you themselves if youve done a hpt.

You can actually get digital pregnancy tests which will clearly say "pregnant" or "not pregnant".
    Theyre a bit more expensive, but might be worth it if your having trouble interpreting the normal tests.

http://www.clearblue.com/uk/new-clearblue-digital-pregnancy-test-with-conception-indicator.php
  • Options
    Essentially Lyric, we all seem to agree that its best that you get a definitive answer as soon as possible. You said yourself that you don't definitely know if you're pregnant yet, so it must be hard to think about your options when you're not sure.

Could you perhaps set yourself a list of things to do? And then try and build up the strength (I realise it can be hard thing to do) to complete them?

Maybe something like:

1) Find out where I can go to get a definitive test.
    2) Call up and make an appointment.
    3) Arrange for someone to come with me.
    etc etc

I dunno, maybe then it wouldn't seem like such a big scary thing to be doing....

Remember, you don't have to go and see a doctor, there are family planning clinics (you can find your nearest one here) and I think some pharmacies may offer a service too.

Let us know what you're thinking.
  • Options
    If I haven't had a period by the end of February, then it means I've missed TWO periods. I'm definatley going to the Brooke now.
  • Options
    geneve wrote: »
    I don't think she needs to go to the doctors for a little while now anyway, she is pregnant so there's nothing the doctor can do now until it develops along more.
    I think Lyric must have wanted this baby so congratulations, you should start enjoying it now!

shes 17.
  • Options
    If I haven't had a period by the end of February, then it means I've missed TWO periods. I'm definatley going to the Brooke now.

im glad your going to the brooke :) so is it a deffinate for keeping the baby if you are?
  • Options
    Exactly... so she knows what happens when you have lots of sex with no contraception. She wants to keep it so what good will being negative do?

im not being negative. its just (im guessing as i've never been in this situation) but at 17 its hard to start enjoying yourself when you just find out that shes pregnant, shes got alot to figure out and things to sort out.
  • Options
    Ha! I'm 12, and if I was 17... even if I'd planned the baby... I'd still be scared shitless!
    Xx
  • Options
    since when is 23 not a grown up? Whats this extended adolescence all about these days?
  • Options
    I don't think she needs to go to the doctors for a little while now anyway, she is pregnant so there's nothing the doctor can do now until it develops along more.

I saw my doctor at 5 weeks (1 week after first day of missed period), and had my first midwife appointment at 7 weeks (3 weeks after first day of missed period). If the OP is planning to keep the baby, it is even more important that she gets medical attention NOW. The first 8 weeks are critical to long term healthy development, and as I assume it wasn't planned, she needs to at least get her bum on folic acid and check out all the dos and don'ts asap.
  • Options
    Hmmm and also a doctor or other professional can provide Lyric with that extra bit of help and support. I'm sure pregnancy brings up a lot of worries and questions, and it would be good to meet someone and discuss these, rather than just hold tight and 'hope for the best' sort of thing.
This discussion has been closed.