Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

50/50.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    geneve wrote: »
    I don't think she needs to go to the doctors for a little while now anyway, she is pregnant so there's nothing the doctor can do now until it develops along more.
    I think Lyric must have wanted this baby so congratulations, you should start enjoying it now!

WOW I hope your kidding or your very very idiotic, Advising someone NOT to go to the doctor because it is early days is silly, i mean wow... the most vital and critical period during pregnancy is the first 12weeks, medical care is a must,

I mean you've got midwife appointments, doc appointments, blood tests, other tests, confirmations, referrals to the obstetrician, A scan at 12 weeks, possibly beforehand if your high risk or a early scan is needed.

Saying not to bother is very DANGEROUS advice, if you do not know about it surly you should not advice.
  • Options
    most of them wont do much before 8 weejks tbh apart from advice
  • Options
    ... yeah, but hasn't Lyric missed two periods? That's 8 weeks isn't it?
    Xx
  • Options
    the clear blue tests only go up to 3 weeks plus, if she has missed 2 periods then she would be more than 3 weeks anyway.
  • Options
    Only if she got pregnant very very shortly after her last period. It could have just been very shortly before the missed one, so maybe she's at 4 weeks now.

Pregnancies are dated from the first day of the last period you have, so when you conceive, you are technically already 2 weeks pregnant (based on an average cycle). If the OP is about to miss a second period, that would be coming up to 8 weeks.
  • Options
    Haha, I really know FA about pregnancy!

Maybe think twice before posting in a thread like this then? Because this will be here for a long time, and if people are just skipping through and don't read all the posts they might get the wrong advice. Maybe think about editing out the incorrect info? :)
    Xx
  • Options
    Just had a few signs that I might have actually came on my period. If so, can I still be pregnant? Because I am 24 days overdue! And I don't even know if it's period to be honest..
  • Options
    You can also bleed if you're pregnant. Is is much different to how you'd normally bleed on a period?
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    Just had a few signs that I might have actually came on my period. If so, can I still be pregnant?

You can bleed while pregnant, but it can be a sign that there's a problem with your baby, so you need to SEE A DOCTOR.
  • Options
    No one here is a doctor, and if they are, they can't tell you if you are pregnant or not WITHOUT TAKING A BLOOD TEST. GO SEE A DOCTOR. You can still bleed. You may be having a problem. For God's sake, go see someone.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    No one here is a doctor
    I am :D

</pointlessreply>
  • Options
    No one here is a doctor, and if they are, they can't tell you if you are pregnant or not WITHOUT TAKING A BLOOD TEST. GO SEE A DOCTOR. You can still bleed. You may be having a problem. For God's sake, go see someone.
    you dont generally have a blood test to confirm pregnancy. Its a urine test
  • Options
    I thought blood tests were more reliable? And it's the same as how I always bleed on a period..
  • Options
    YOU CAN HAVE PERIODS AND BE UP THE DUFF.
    Go.To.The.Doctors. Seriously Lyric, there is no more advice anyone can give you. I personally shall not be posting further on this thread.
  • Options
    I thought blood tests were more reliable?

No, they're both equally as reliable. Doctors favour urine tests cause they're easier, less invasive and a hell of a lot quicker.

And generally if you have done a home test they won't test you at all, as modern home tests are as reliable as a doctor's test.
  • Options
    Okay, I shall just go to the doctors.
  • Options
    Okay, I shall just go to the doctors.

Huzahh and good luck
  • Options
    Some of the women I know call a bit of blood spotting at the start of a pregnancy "a show"

I understand it, in most cases, turns out to be entirely harmless - but still needs to be checked
  • Options
    let us know how the doctors go! you really cant keep hiding from all of this....is the reason you havnt been using condoms is because you dont know where to get them? or on another form of contraception? (i saw what B-A said on your other thread, something about the pill, when i thought you wasnt using any contraception at all....)
  • Options
    I've been on and off contraception.. I think I just need to get my act together.
  • Options
    yes i agree with you on that.
  • Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    I've been on and off contraception.. I think I just need to get my act together.

so what actual contraception have you been on? because if you've been on and off it, maybe you should think about getting something like the implant? you dont have to remember about taking it, and it can last (if im mistaken) 1-2 years.....
  • Options
    3 years :)
  • Options
    3 years :)

ahh thank you :)
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Some of the women I know call a bit of blood spotting at the start of a pregnancy "a show"

I understand it, in most cases, turns out to be entirely harmless - but still needs to be checked

a show is the plug of bloody mucous at the end of pregnancy that signifies labour is imminent actually :)
  • Options
    Plug of mucus?
    And what is imminent?
  • Options
    imminent means close by. I.e. if pregnancy is imminent it's due to happen in the next few days/hours/mins etc.
  • Options
    Are you really 17? :nervous:
  • Options
    Ditto. I think Broken_Angel and lyric have somehow switched bodies...

I don't think we should be too harsh on her guys. After all some people can reach 17 and for whatever reason are less informed/less life experiences/more naïve than others.
This discussion has been closed.