Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Boyfriend makes me feel discusting

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ±Lover± wrote: »
    there is not much i can say to that really is there?

How about. 'Fuck you.'
  • Options
    :(:(:(:(:( i know i sound stupid but i can't help the way i feel, when we are not arguing he makes me happy.

so does he really, or are you just convincing yourself?
    "when i found my first girlfriend i wouldnt have expected her to have fucked a thousand people before me, if i had known what you were really like when we first got togther i would of just shagged you and never properly of got with you and yet you let me fall in love with you, making out you are something diffrent to what you actually are."

this is not a compliment in my eyes, rather grounds for divorce.
    i'm not going to pretend i'm totaly innocent in all this, the fact is i DID sleep with lots of men in my youth and that is something i am going to have to live with all my life so i can understand why he feels like he does. he has slept with twice the amount of people i have yet i don't find him discusting, i know everybody has a past, its what makes them who they are now.

who cares about that? It's not like a girl should have to say "wait, we can't have sex. I slept with 5 men in my life, and sleeping with 6 would make me a nasty, filthy whore." Your boyfriend is primitive, that he is a joke in comparison to cave men. Sleeping with any number of people in your life is neither a measure for being a hero nor a slapper.

The fact that you are accepting his horrible debasements shows that you do not understand that, and that it's your liability to live in shame. And it's just getting worse by the day.

Sorry about getting so worked up, but reading all this makes me so sick.
  • Options
    Amazingly the site doesn't have an article on abusive relationships but this might be helpful

And this might sound somewhat familiar....
  • Options
    it sounds to me like you feel you deserve it somehow, or that its understandable that he treats you so badly.
  • Options
    Your past is your past, if he accept it then tough. Who cares what he says about you if you split up, small places will always have a lot of gossip.

You dont deserve to be absued, and you need to find the strength to leave him. I couldnt care less if hes nice to you whens your not arguing, phyiscal and mental abuse should be a no-no in any relationship.
  • Options
    small places will always have a lot of gossip.

And I wouldn't worry about that. If gossip's a bitch then word will have it that he's a wifebeater. Doesn't sound so good to me if I were him.

Don't let "the small town" and other stuff be irrelevant excuses.
  • Options
    i woke up this morning with a sore throat (think im getting a cold) and have been abit grumpy and we had an argument about an hour ago and hes tryed to leave and i tryed to stop him but he called me the skankist sickist slag he's ever met and threw me on the floor. iv tryed ringing him loads but he keeps cutting my call off and when he does answer all he does is calls me a dog and hangs up. i'm sobbing so much my body is shanking and i can't breath properly cus of my sore throat.

he kicked off becuase i had a bloke on my phone who is a good mate of mine and we happned to have a drunken snog 5 years ago, and he kicked off at me calling me a slag for having him on my phone even though hes a really good mate of mine. he's called me some really nasty names this morning and it hurts so much.

i'm going to seriously think about leaving him after xmas bacause i can't mentally handel this anynmore
  • Options
    I really do feel for you.

Your 'man' sounds like a nasty piece of work, and as people have said, the behaviour/abuse is only likely to get worse. Sod the fact you live in a small town, you need to get out of this now, before you become another unfortunate statistic. This guy sounds like he has real mental issues, which won't be any good for you in the long (or even short) term.

Stop trying to call him, as you're just playing into his hands. He's got you thinking that it's YOUR fault, which is how it always ends up: you blaming yourself for his behaviour.
  • Options
    i woke up this morning with a sore throat (think im getting a cold) and have been abit grumpy and we had an argument about an hour ago and hes tryed to leave and i tryed to stop him but he called me the skankist sickist slag he's ever met and threw me on the floor. iv tryed ringing him loads but he keeps cutting my call off and when he does answer all he does is calls me a dog and hangs up. i'm sobbing so much my body is shanking and i can't breath properly cus of my sore throat.

he kicked off becuase i had a bloke on my phone who is a good mate of mine and we happned to have a drunken snog 5 years ago, and he kicked off at me calling me a slag for having him on my phone even though hes a really good mate of mine. he's called me some really nasty names this morning and it hurts so much.

i'm going to seriously think about leaving him after xmas bacause i can't mentally handel this anynmore
    Well I hope you don't believe the things he is saying. He is being abusive and mainpulative and you really shouldn't be putting up with this. I kow you love him but is this really the sort of relationship you want? It's only going to get worse; this is the type of person eh is and you can't change him.
  • Options
    i know everything you are saying is true but i can't help trying to call him, hes turned his phone off now though, all i wanted to do was sort things out and try and have a good xmas :(
  • Options
    I can understand you just want things to work out but you need to start thinking with your head instead of your heart. Do you have any friends or family that you can turn to?
    Do you live with your boyfriend?
  • Options
    I will repeat this. He is ABUSING you.

Hes nice to you sometimes and then othertimes he treats you worse than the shit on his shoe.
    This is a classic way for an abuser to get their hooks into someone. Creates an insecure attachment so you constantly think because hes nice sometimes, then that is the "real" him. Its not. It feels like such a strong love but it isnt. Love is two way. Anyone who loved you would NEVER EVER think those things about you. What do you think love is??
    You accept it because youre believing what he says. That you ARE all these bad things because you slept around.
    It isnt bad that youve slept around as long as you didnt abuse anyone along the way. What hes doing is a million times worse than anything youve done - AND hes done what you have done and more. You will NEVER be able to win here in this relationship. He will always think youre shit and he is happy to grind you down and make you feel worse and worse. He sounds like a sadist to me.

I really hope you find the strength to just tell him to fuck off, and if he finds someone else, then feel sorry for the next woman he screws up in the head. I can assure you, it wont be just you

sending some hugs (())
  • Options
    You shouldn't beat yourself up over your past, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it! Although I think there's something wrong with your boyfriend.

By the sounds of it he has a pretty intense jealous streak and it'll probably only get worse. I've just came out of a relationship where my ex was controlling, extremely jealous and pretty abusive (not physically).. the sad fact is, no matter how much they say they'll change it's likely that they never will.

My ex used to have double standards like your bloke, she could have as many lad friends that she wanted but if I so much as spoke to another girl I'd get grief for days!

My personal advice.. take it or leave it.. would be to chuck him, the likelyhood is he'll never change, even if he promises to (although I don't think yours has any plans on changing) and the stuff you're going through now will probably get worse.

You don't deserve to be treated like shit or made into a scapegoat so he can take his issues out on you. Good luck!
  • Options
    i know everything you are saying is true but i can't help trying to call him, hes turned his phone off now though, all i wanted to do was sort things out and try and have a good xmas :(

Do you think you can sort things out? I don't think he's having any of it. He just calls you whatever he pleases, because he knows he has you on a short leash. I would change that, asap, meaning: right this minute, not waiting after christmas.

How do you think is it possible that "things work out"? and that he's a lovely boyfriend all of a sudden?

It's clear that you are in the denial-phase right now, but it's a tad too extreme I think. Wake up and get outta here.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I can understand you just want things to work out but you need to start thinking with your head instead of your heart. Do you have any friends or family that you can turn to?
    Do you live with your boyfriend?

no we don't live togther, i still live with my parents and he has his own place but we tend to spend time at mine. i don't want to talk to anybody about this because i am 2 embarased.

you are right, my head is telling me 2 fuck him off but my heart can't let go. he's so sweet and loving sometimes and i don't want to loose that. i just wish he would respect me.

if we split up then it would be me who came out of it looking worse becuase he is so popular around town, with women and men, the blokes are scared of him and the women wanna fuck him, so hes a winner all round where i will just be looked upon as some little slag who was lucky to be with him
  • Options

if we split up then it would be me who came out of it looking worse becuase he is so popular around town, with women and men, the blokes are scared of him and the women wanna fuck him, so hes a winner all round where i will just be looked upon as some little slag who was lucky to be with him

WHO GIVES A SHIT?! Seriously, what people think of you should be the least of your worries in a situation like this! Unfortunately, his mind games/abuse have got you thinking exactly this way.
    he's so sweet and loving sometimes and i don't want to loose that. i just wish he would respect me.

Read what Suzy posted. Then read it again. Then again.
  • Options
    What must happen that you start thinking clearly?

Does he need to abuse you so hard that you are mentally broke down and need to be hospitalized? Does he has to threaten you with a knife? or maybe break your arm, while bullying you?

I think no good words will help you and we can't force you to do the right thing. It's sad that you've been drawn so far into it, that you believe what he's saying and that you are dependent. What might help you is call a womans-line and hear from professionals who deal with this stuff daily that you are a class A exemplary case of domestic abuse.

You are taking great harm, don't underestimate it. Great mentally harm that might maim you for a life time, and it starts with physical harm too. Talk to your parents at least! There is no need to be embarrassed to be a victim of abuse. and SOD what other people are thinking of you for just a minute and do what helps YOU, not your reputation.
  • Options
    thank you all for your comments, they do make me feel better.

he just phoned me and said hes mad at me for having that guy on my phone and he will only come and see me this evening if i admit im in the wrong and delete him, iv had to say yes becuase i dont want to be alone at xmas and will be worried sick about who or what hes going to be doing 2night if i dont say i'm sorry
  • Options

he just phoned me and said hes mad at me for having that guy on my phone and he will only come and see me this evening if i admit im in the wrong and delete him

Oh dear.

See, he has pretty much complete control over you. You haven't done anything wrong, and yet you're apologising. Sounds like he will happily go out and fuck somebody else if you don't apologise - exactly what does that say about your relationship?

You WON'T be alone at Christmas. You live with your parents.
  • Options
    well im going to get thru xmas, hopefully he won't be nasty to me on xmas day and i will be able to enjoy myself. then i'm going to see how he is in the new year and have a serious chat with him and tell him he can't call me lots of nasty names anymore
  • Options
    well im going to get thru xmas, hopefully he won't be nasty to me on xmas day and i will be able to enjoy myself. then i'm going to see how he is in the new year and have a serious chat with him and tell him he can't call me lots of nasty names anymore

I hope you enjoy Christmas - but I can tell you straight up, right now, that he will never stop this abuse. It may seem to stop for a short while, then it will all come out as he will have been building it up into a rage.
  • Options
    youve already told him that. He doesnt care. He told you hes not doing it to hurt you, he thinks hes being truthful. almost as if hes doing you a favour.

Wake up.

what do your parents think?
  • Options
    youve already told him that. He doesnt care. He told you hes not doing it to hurt you, he thinks hes being truthful. almost as if hes doing you a favour.

Wake up.

what do your parents think?

i have not spoken to them about it, i dont want to its embarassing.
  • Options

More embarrassing that being shoved to the floor, hiding bruises and being called every name under the sun? More embarrassing than being humiliated, treated like a piece of shit, being mentally abused?

Wake up.
  • Options

I can see why you'd feel embarrassed because when you're younger you tend to feel embarrassed when things go wrong in your relationship. For example if a boyfriend cheated on you, you feel ashamed/embarrassed to tell friends because you think this is somehow a reflection on you. Well it isn't. Sometimes boyfriends turn out to be arseholes and it's up to you to recognise this, be strong, dump him and move on. You will meet someone one day who will give you all the love and respect you deserve and you'll look back at this relationship now and think what a bastard he was, thank god I'm not with him anymore.
  • Options
    oh god how did i get myself in such a mess? i just spoke to him on the phone and hes said becuase i decived him by having my mates number on my phone hes going to go out and get wrecked 2night when he promised me this morning we only had to go out for a few hours becuase im not feeling well. now becuase he found out i had that number on my phone (even tho he knew all along, i think he was just trying to find something to cause an argument) now hes going to go on a bender 2night. he keeps hanging up the phone when i try and talk and now hes switched it off and i really wanna speak to him
  • Options
    i cant speak to anybody bacuse then they will know what a slag i was 2 and think bad of me
  • Options
    Have you thought about moving away somewhere and making a fresh start?
  • Options
    i cant speak to anybody bacuse then they will know what a slag i was 2 and think bad of me

It's in the past. You don't have to go into too much detail when talking to people about the past - but the present is a different matter.
  • Options
    Have you thought about moving away somewhere and making a fresh start?

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

It's not the easiest thing in the world, but it's far from the hardest.