Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What have you eaten today...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who are you ? Her mother ?

I didn't single her out, she singled herself out in response to my comment which I have engaged in conversation about. At no point have I been offensive or said she needs to justify anything - so what the fuck are you talking about tbh ?

Franki - Sorry, but I do think that's a load of bullshit. If you have the money to buy Relentless (That's about a quid a can) then you have the money to buy food.

Food is not pricey to eat on a budget, a bag of pasta costs less than a quid (thats a can of Relentless to you - and would last 7 days on a standard portion.

If you can't stand it cold, as I said, there are other options, such as wholemeal pittas or wraps which you could put a healthy filling in. Wholemeal Egg Mayo with low fat mayo and salad etc ? cold potato salad ?

If you're worried about your chicken "going off before it gets used" - then freeze it ? It's not rocket science.

The truth is you can't be arsed and you don't want help, you just want to eat shit. That's fine, but don't pretend like you can't do anything about it. For someone who has the drive to attend uni, I would of thought you would be more driven with regards to other problems.

I won't bother posting anymore, if you do decide to do something about it, then feel free to post or drop me a PM, I am more than happy to help.
    How many times do I have to say that those were particularly bad days and that I don't eat like that every day for it to sink in? I don't "eat shit".

I drink Relentless because I get up at 4am. I do not like coffee, or tea, or Coke, or anything else which has caffiene in it. I don't even like the cheap supermarket own brand energy drinks. I need something that can get me through the first few hours of my shift before I have something to eat.

I don't really give a fuck, quite frankly, if you think I'm making excuses, because I'm not. We don't have the space for me to buy food just for myself, and just because I don't have the time or the energy or even the desire to make things every day doesn't make me some kind of terrible person. Maybe I don't want to eat really healthily all the time? Maybe I shockhorror sometimes enjoy a big mac?! It's not like I'm sitting on my arse all day - I walk to and most of the way back from work every day, that's 3 and a half miles each way at a fairly fast pace. I spend 9 hours rushing around and sweating like a god damned pig because we currently have no air-con. I am burning off the calories ffs.

I don't need your help in eating healthily, I am perfectly capable of doing that myself, thank you. I just don't really want to right now.

Also - you were the one who said that people should stop having a go at people like Stacey for what they eat, but what are you doing now?
  • Options
    * Sugar/butter free muffin and a glass of orange juice
    * Orange, 1/2 lärabar
    * Meat free meatballs and sweet potatoes + banana
    * the other 1/2 lärabar, yoghurt
    * Chicken burritos
    * 2 Muffins

Before lunch wasn't too cool today. I woke up too late and couldn't find anything decent so I ate the muffin before going to work. The past two days I've felt like I've eaten a lot but I haven't really.
    I need to buy some bread tomorrow and plot some meals. If I'm not prepared food-wise for work it never ends well.

I have a night shift tomorrow so I can make a booster for lunch since I'll be at home. :yum:
  • Options
    Today I had:

Breakfast - Fruit and Fibre with semi-skimmed milk ( I was tired so I had coffee too)

Break - An apple

Lunch - Pork loin, carrots, broccoli cauliflower and a few garden peas

Tea - A corned beef sandwich on wholemeal bread and I was bad and had half a bag of crisps too.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    How many times do I have to say that those were particularly bad days and that I don't eat like that every day for it to sink in? I don't "eat shit".

I drink Relentless because I get up at 4am. I do not like coffee, or tea, or Coke, or anything else which has caffiene in it. I don't even like the cheap supermarket own brand energy drinks. I need something that can get me through the first few hours of my shift before I have something to eat.

I don't really give a fuck, quite frankly, if you think I'm making excuses, because I'm not. We don't have the space for me to buy food just for myself, and just because I don't have the time or the energy or even the desire to make things every day doesn't make me some kind of terrible person. Maybe I don't want to eat really healthily all the time? Maybe I shockhorror sometimes enjoy a big mac?! It's not like I'm sitting on my arse all day - I walk to and most of the way back from work every day, that's 3 and a half miles each way at a fairly fast pace. I spend 9 hours rushing around and sweating like a god damned pig because we currently have no air-con. I am burning off the calories ffs.

I don't need your help in eating healthily, I am perfectly capable of doing that myself, thank you. I just don't really want to right now.

Also - you were the one who said that people should stop having a go at people like Stacey for what they eat, but what are you doing now?

No - I said people should stop having a go at people for eating less. I specfically said it wasn't about Stacey.

And for the record, this is a perfect example of that.

If you were Stacey now and I had jumped on you about eating too little, no doubt a few regular moaners would be in to get on a moral high ground and give her some shit about it.

But when I question a poor diet, I get the opposite, people telling me (and implying there were others involved) to leave off.

I don't know why you are getting so defensive, if they were just a bad few days, then why all the excuses about not liking other food and not having space for it ?

Tell me this - What does your typical day look like, and your best days ?

According your previous ton of posts, there can't be much room for anything else ?
  • Options
    PS

So did you not pay for any of this ? --
    a bacon and egg muffin, a sausage and egg muffin, porridge with jam, 2 OJ's, 2 donuts and 2 cans of Relentless.
  • Options
    double
  • Options
    No - I said people should stop having a go at people for eating less. I specfically said it wasn't about Stacey.

And for the record, this is a perfect example of that.

If you were Stacey now and I had jumped on you about eating too little, no doubt a few regular moaners would be in to get on a moral high ground and give her some shit about it.

But when I question a poor diet, I get the opposite, people telling me (and implying there were others involved) to leave off.

I don't know why you are getting so defensive, if they were just a bad few days, then why all the excuses about not liking other food and not having space for it ?

Tell me this - What does your typical day look like, and your best days ?

According your previous ton of posts, there can't be much room for anything else ?
    My typical day?

Orange juice, porridge, donut then nothing until dinner time when I have whatever is being made.

Today instead of my dinner (which would have been fish and chips, apparently) I had a couple of bits off the new promo menu - the chicken burger and the cheesy melt things.

I know that's not ideal, but that's what I have time for. I don't eat before work because that would involve getting up at the crack of dawn, and I don't finish til gone 3pm which means there's not much point eating anything substantial (I'll occasionally get a fruit bag or a chocolate bar from Boots on the way to the bus stop if I have enough change) because 2 and a half hours after I get home it's dinnertime.

My best days? When I'm at home or when I'm uni? When I'm at home they pretty much look like my average days.

I was getting defensive because you seemed to be ignoring the fact that I did say it was just a few bad days.

Also, I said people LIKE Stacey ;). And tbh not eating enough is just as bad for you diet wise as eating complete rubbish, so it is sliiiiiiightly double standards, although I do see where you're coming from on what people say about it.
  • Options
    PS

So did you not pay for any of this ? --
    I paid for the porridge (I was very hungry and the s&e/b&e were spares like I said to lipsy), 1 OJ and 1 donut. I got my break when it was busy, else I'd have asked for the porridge for my break instead.

ETA: That was an entire day's worth of food, so it's not like I went over my calorie intake either. I didn't have dinner last night because we genuinely do only have fish fingers, chips or pasta.
  • Options
    Ok well look

Just for the record

I was not trying to belittle you or be horrible, just incase that's what you or anyone thought, just wanted to engage in the conversation

Was just genuinely trying to help you break through some barriers, that I have faced myself - that is what I consider the situation to be and I am entitled to have my opinion based on my own life matters

Tonight e.g. I have just had 3 whiskeys, two bread rolls and a ton of crisps - major comfort eating after i think I have split up with my fiance

Great eh?

But anyway, just wanted to clear that up
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about that COT I hope it all turns out right for you.
  • Options
    just feel like destroying my house and/or crying tbh
  • Options

Fuck, Phil.

You poorpoor thing.

I hope you'll be okay. :(

x
  • Options
    Ok well look

Just for the record

I was not trying to belittle you or be horrible, just incase that's what you or anyone thought, just wanted to engage in the conversation

No I'm not her mother and I believe you were insulting, belittling, horrible and singling her out. At the end of the day is none of your fucking bussiness how much bloody McDonnalds someone eats on a bad day.

Franki and people like myself need support not twats like you calling her lazy and saying shes making excuses. Sort yourself out. Your just making this thread as pathetic as the last.

My day so far...

Toast and a cup of tea. Really should change to brown or w/m bread :chin:

Going to have a chicken wrap and some salad in a bit.

Its bound to get worse :)
  • Options
    so far a homemade chicken and veg soup with wholemeal bread and butter to dip. next will be a banana.

bloody cold :grump:
  • Options
    Hi all,

Just to say this is a thread in Food and Drink, not in health - so it is for people to talk about what they've eaten rather than expect comments about either eating too little or too unhealthily.

let's try to avoid it going that way - some of the suggestions around the nicest or tastiest thing you've eaten might be more helpful.

But anyway, let's all try to play nice and Cheese, really sorry to hear about the break-up man.
  • Options

Awwwww big hugs honey
  • Options
    I have eaten a load of crap so far today. Wiltshire ham and salad cream baguette, cereal bar and 2 packets of crisps. Feel so 'stodged out'

Not sure what is planned for dinner yet.
  • Options
    Beans on toast
    Medium sushi from M&S
    low calorie trifle
    potato ash thingy, yumyum
  • Options
    For lunch which was late I had a great fave which is stuffed tomatoes, fried zuccs, lots of fresh crusty bread and a large OJ freshly squeezed with some Fanta lemon in it. And pigged some vanilla ice cream that had to be used up, my excuse I know but I'm a growing girl.

Poppi
  • Options
    Is this first post back of mine the big offensive one ?
    This was not being directed at any one person, I can't think of one individual, it was just the feeling I got.

But with regards to other point - Sorry it is not convenience, it is lazyness. Convenience would, at best, be buying a healthy ready meal.

I spend around 40-60 minutes per night preparing all my food for the following day, every single meal. Although you could probably do it in half that. Even better is when you make things like chilli or bolognese in huge batches and fridge/freeze a weeks worth.

If I have a really hard stressful day and I become lazy and don't do it, I get up early, and rush around preparing it before work like a tit.

If the food choices are not sufficient, then change them.

Preperation and consistency are key.

???
  • Options
    I made post after post of trying to help,. suggesting alternative foods for a good price etc lol and you call me a twat and say you need "support"

cant you resist the pies by yourself or something ?

NOW THAT WAS A HORRIBLE COMMENT

See the difference, ? or are you a bit simple ?
  • Options
    Anyway, my eats for the day -

1. Cottage cheese on whole earth peanut butter on marmite on wholemeal toast

2. Quorn ham wholemeal sandwhich

3. Quorn fillets and wholeweat pasta with green pesto

4. Quorn chicken burger with 2 new potatoes and lots of veg

5. dunno yet !
  • Options
    breakfast-pear
    break-strawberries, few grapes and a pice of brownie
    lunch- quorn ham salad and 5 chunks of pinepple
    break- brownie and 4 starbursts
    snack after work- 3 breadsticks and hummous. handful of chilli peanuts
    tea- some chicken breast and brocolli/cauliflower. yoghurt.

seems a lot written down
  • Options
    Okay, people have had a chance to clear the air about previous comments now, and I've removed a post, but for here on out any other posts that continue this argument are unlikely to stay here.

I would imagine the intention of a (ideally) lighthearted thread like this is simply to talk about what people have eaten, not expect to be asked to justify their choices as if this is some crucible of good or bad eaters.

So, stay on topic people.
  • Options
    The healthy(er!) eating has to start from now (I'm pregnant ;))

I went to Tesco last night and stocked up on fruit. Got apples, plums, red grapes and cherry tomatoes, plus apple and mango and apple juices which according to the carton count as a portion (I know only one a day does and five glasses is not the way to my textbook five a day!).

Today, I've had a handful of grapes (any more give me a funny tum), a glass of apple and mango juice, egg and cress sandwich on brown seeded bread, and cottage pie with extra peas, carrot and swede. Got more grapes next to me now, and going to have melon before bed. Drinks wise, the juice, plus tea and milk.
  • Options

congratulations :)
  • Options

Ooh, congratulations :yippe:
  • Options
    Thanks both.

Whilst I was prepping the melon, a chocolate mousse caught my eye.. oops! Tasty tho'! :D
  • Options
    Congratulations! xx
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    I would imagine the intention of a (ideally) lighthearted thread like this is simply to talk about what people have eaten, not expect to be asked to justify their choices as if this is some crucible of good or bad eaters.

My point exactly. :)

Its only 9.50 and I've had crisps toast and a couple of squares of cadburys...

Not the best of breakfasts.

Lunch will be a sandwich probably. No idea about tea its usally a rush back from work a couple of drinks then out for the night but we'll see.

I've also got the BIGGEST strawberrys ever to eat :D Mmmm sugar snap peas to snack on too.

EDIT: Congrats CystralTipps :D