Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What have you eaten today...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Crispy chow mein with pork, chicken, shrimp and lots of veg.
    Sesame prawn toast

Dinner should be rice, bak choi and beer soaked duck legs :D
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Sounds like a good idea :yes:

Tastiest thing was some home made chilli-bolognaise stuff I threw together last night.

:yum:
  • Options
    Didn't have anything interesting last night, but I'm making a lime and chickpea biriani tonight :yum:
  • Options
    Tastiest thing today was creamy tomato pasta salad with roast onions and courgette and cherry tomatoes. It was AMAZING
  • Options
    a banana
    walkers sensations salt and black pepper crisps

Gonna go have a search in the kitchen soon I think :chin:
  • Options
    Didn't have anything interesting last night, but I'm making a lime and chickpea biriani tonight :yum:

That sounds yum :yum: can you make it with tinned chickpeas? I have some in the cupboard that I don't know what to do with, if I make hummus I end up with loads and never finish it!
  • Options
    Yep, the recipe calls for canned chickpeas

Here ya go

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/lime-biryani-salad
  • Options
    Tastiest thing I've had today is homemade fruit loaf, sliced with butter :yum:
  • Options
    Yep, the recipe calls for canned chickpeas

Here ya go

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/lime-biryani-salad

Brilliant, thanks :)
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    If this was directed at me, I am not proud of the shit I eat. It is pure convenience (if you would like to get up at 4am every day, and find the energy (and the food, actually, in my house) to eat properly, be my guest, but I can't)

This was not being directed at any one person, I can't think of one individual, it was just the feeling I got.

But with regards to other point - Sorry it is not convenience, it is lazyness. Convenience would, at best, be buying a healthy ready meal.

I spend around 40-60 minutes per night preparing all my food for the following day, every single meal. Although you could probably do it in half that. Even better is when you make things like chilli or bolognese in huge batches and fridge/freeze a weeks worth.

If I have a really hard stressful day and I become lazy and don't do it, I get up early, and rush around preparing it before work like a tit.

If the food choices are not sufficient, then change them.

Preperation and consistency are key.
  • Options
    5.45am- Walking to work with a pear.
    9.30am- break- 2x wholemeal toast with butter and marmite
    2pm lunch- 2x seeded rolls with vege sausages and side salad
    7pm dinner- half a jacket potato with vege chilli- chopped tomatoes, mixed beans, chilli beans and a little grated cheese

A bloody healthy day for me! I'm quite impressed!
  • Options
    This was not being directed at any one person, I can't think of one individual, it was just the feeling I got.

But with regards to other point - Sorry it is not convenience, it is lazyness. Convenience would, at best, be buying a healthy ready meal.

I spend around 40-60 minutes per night preparing all my food for the following day, every single meal. Although you could probably do it in half that. Even better is when you make things like chilli or bolognese in huge batches and fridge/freeze a weeks worth.

If I have a really hard stressful day and I become lazy and don't do it, I get up early, and rush around preparing it before work like a tit.

If the food choices are not sufficient, then change them.

Preperation and consistency are key.
    I don't do the shopping, and the person that does is not particularly open to healthy options. If I was at uni I would be eating much better but I'm currently working, on my feet, rushing around, 9 hours a day, getting up at 4am and by the time I get home I'm dead on my feet and all I want to do is sleep. I can't eat bolognese or anything like that at work, the best I can do is sandwiches and we only have shitty plastic bread and nasty sandwich meat because my stepdad won't buy anything else. I can't afford to buy it myself. So I eat at work (McDonalds - and no, I can't get another job right now).

To be fair, I do try and go for the "healthy" option as much as I can (porridge with breakfast and a chicken and bacon salad deli with lunch, usually with OJ or water and a 175 cal donut) but those are the things that take time and when it's busy they just won't do it, or it will take ages to do, and by the time it's done I won't have time to eat it. The two days I made a point of commenting on were days when it was really busy and one of the days was a day when I wasn't going home and I knew I probably wasn't gonna get any dinner so I got a bit of food after work (there is no other place to get food other than Burger King or KFC between McD's and the train station). I was just making a point, is all.

Anyway - today I had a bacon and egg muffin, a sausage and egg muffin, porridge with jam, 2 OJ's, 2 donuts and 2 cans of Relentless.
  • Options
    breakfast- piece of toast
    break-few strawberries
    lunch-apple crisps
    tea- quorn burger and stir-fried brocolli, green beans and pepper
    mini ice lolly
  • Options
    Fruit smoothie and lemon muffin for breakfast.
    Oats bar mid morning.
    Sushi and chicken rice for lunch.
    Naughty pack of crisps in the afternoon.
    Salad, ham and quiche for dinner.
    Followed by another naughty treat of Banoffe pie for dessert.
  • Options
    I don't do the shopping, and the person that does is not particularly open to healthy options. If I was at uni I would be eating much better but I'm currently working, on my feet, rushing around, 9 hours a day, getting up at 4am and by the time I get home I'm dead on my feet and all I want to do is sleep. I can't eat bolognese or anything like that at work, the best I can do is sandwiches and we only have shitty plastic bread and nasty sandwich meat because my stepdad won't buy anything else. I can't afford to buy it myself. So I eat at work (McDonalds - and no, I can't get another job right now).

To be fair, I do try and go for the "healthy" option as much as I can (porridge with breakfast and a chicken and bacon salad deli with lunch, usually with OJ or water and a 175 cal donut) but those are the things that take time and when it's busy they just won't do it, or it will take ages to do, and by the time it's done I won't have time to eat it. The two days I made a point of commenting on were days when it was really busy and one of the days was a day when I wasn't going home and I knew I probably wasn't gonna get any dinner so I got a bit of food after work (there is no other place to get food other than Burger King or KFC between McD's and the train station). I was just making a point, is all.

Anyway - today I had a bacon and egg muffin, a sausage and egg muffin, porridge with jam, 2 OJ's, 2 donuts and 2 cans of Relentless.

Do you not realise you are just listing a load of excuses ?

Why can't you eat bolognese at work ? Do you not have a microwave ? It also tastes fine cold IMO.

If not then cold wholeweat pasta is nice with a dash of green pesto on it

If you have somewhere to eat sandwhiches, you can eat any cold meal.

Where do your wages go then if you don't mind me prying?

A pack of wholemeal pittas and some chicken breast could make some lovely alternatives to sandwhiches for a very cheap price
    Fill with salad, chicken breast maybe humous or mayo etc
  • Options
    Do you not realise you are just listing a load of excuses ?

Why can't you eat bolognese at work ? Do you not have a microwave ? It also tastes fine cold IMO.

If not then cold wholeweat pasta is nice with a dash of green pesto on it

If you have somewhere to eat sandwhiches, you can eat any cold meal.

Where do your wages go then if you don't mind me prying?

A pack of wholemeal pittas and some chicken breast could make some lovely alternatives to sandwhiches for a very cheap price
    Fill with salad, chicken breast maybe humous or mayo etc
    My wages go into savings and stuff for uni and train tickets. I knew you would say I'm listing excuses but you are not living my life, k? We aren't allowed to use the microwaves and I hate cold pasta/bolognese. I'm not going to buy chicken just for me because it's too expensive and it will go off before I can use it all. Plus, by the time I have finished work (late, every day) I just want to go home and die rather than traipsing round the supermarket looking for stuff. If you want to come make my stepdad buy proper food be my guest. Right now my fridge is full of....well, nothing really, but it's somehow full...and my freezer is full of fish fingers and chips. He doesn't even eat pasta ffs.

AND I did say that those two days were particularly bad and that I was using them to make a point.

*shutting up now*
  • Options
    Do you get free food at work Franki?
  • Options
    Today I've been to Subway for a double cheese and salad six incher on honey oat with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, olives, onions and lots of chipotle sauce. I have that for lunch most work days and I don't do breakfast.
  • Options

Out of interest do you not feel really bloated and gross when you eat all that type of food? When I eat a lot of stodgey fat stuff I always feel a bit slower than normal and surely your toilet business is not how it should be?! Have always wondered if people who constantly eat food like that just get used to that feeling and toilet stuff and just think it's normal
  • Options
    I have eaten a box of strawberries (that goes for the tastiest thing today as well :yum::yum::yum:) and I've just had a jacket potato with beans and cheese. I don't get to eat again until 8pm (I work until 10) and so that kind of meal is required before I go to work or else I fall over, shout at people etc.
    Then for my break I will have a peanut butter sandwich (on white bread, because that's not a crime, it's just bread) and then a whole sliced long pointy pepper thing, half a sliced cucumber and a massive carrot. Also a wagon wheel if there are any left. Wagon wheels are amazing!

eat I forgot 2 slices of toast with peanut butter this morning, and then 2 satsumas and a little chocolate teacake thing.
  • Options
    I've eaten too much today already :( But I'm suffering post-Glasto blues and am missing the tasty falafels/homemade cakes/vegetable curries. I've had:
    Bran Flakes with sliced banana for breakfast
    Salt & vinegar Snack-a-jacks
    A pear
    Brown baguette with chicken mayo and sweetcorn
    Snickers bar
    Pot of grapes
    Actually, looking at it, that's not as much as I thought. Can't decide what to have for tea, maybe the man will cook if I bribe him :chin:
  • Options
    So far:

2 slices toast with duck and orange pate

300g cherries
  • Options
    A smoothie
    A jacket potato with cheese, salad and some coleslaw

Can't really eat much..sore throat :(
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Actually, looking at it, that's not as much as I thought.

Yeah I always find that. In my head it feels like a lot and then I type it out here and it's noothing :)
  • Options
    I think you stop singling out Franki tbh. She has no reasons to justify her eating habbits to anyone especially not people on the internet ffs.

Today

2 sausage buns
    Toast
    1/3 of a Flake.
    Tea's lasagne and salad I believe.

Shit considering I'm supposed to be trying to lose weight but I went to the gym and aqua fit this morning.

I wish cherries werent so bloody expensive. Got some from work the other day, ate the pack in about 10 minutes haha. I need some more fruit n veg in todays. Going to get my tray of suger snap peas. Probably with eat the lot but I can live with that :)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Out of interest do you not feel really bloated and gross when you eat all that type of food? When I eat a lot of stodgey fat stuff I always feel a bit slower than normal and surely your toilet business is not how it should be?! Have always wondered if people who constantly eat food like that just get used to that feeling and toilet stuff and just think it's normal
    I do when I eat loads of it in a day, and the eggs at work tend to give me a bit of a dodgy tummy but I was starrrrrrving by the time I got my break yesterday and the sausage and egg/bacon and egg were spare so I had those. I did have a reeally bad tummy last night but I think that may have had more to do with the huge caffiene overdose (on top of those 2 cans of Relentless I had 8 Pro Plus) than what I ate.

Kangoo - yeh, I get free food for my break and on occasions if I had a really early break (as in, 2 hours into a 9 hour shift) I'll get something on the way out 'cause I get discount.

Kate - thank you :).
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    I just hope this thread doesnt turn into a compertition to eat the least like the last one :(

Lol I know! It's like some people are afraid to say what they eat, either that or a lot of people on here starve themselves.

I've eaten toast today which was well nice cos it's a fresh loaf
    a banana
    yogurt break bar

and just about to have dinner which is chicken, carrots, peas and dauphinoise (think that's how to spell it?) potatoes :yum:
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    I think you stop singling out Franki tbh. She has no reasons to justify her eating habbits to anyone especially not people on the internet ffs.

Who are you ? Her mother ?

I didn't single her out, she singled herself out in response to my comment which I have engaged in conversation about. At no point have I been offensive or said she needs to justify anything - so what the fuck are you talking about tbh ?

Franki - Sorry, but I do think that's a load of bullshit. If you have the money to buy Relentless (That's about a quid a can) then you have the money to buy food.

Food is not pricey to eat on a budget, a bag of pasta costs less than a quid (thats a can of Relentless to you - and would last 7 days on a standard portion.

If you can't stand it cold, as I said, there are other options, such as wholemeal pittas or wraps which you could put a healthy filling in. Wholemeal Egg Mayo with low fat mayo and salad etc ? cold potato salad ?

If you're worried about your chicken "going off before it gets used" - then freeze it ? It's not rocket science.

The truth is you can't be arsed and you don't want help, you just want to eat shit. That's fine, but don't pretend like you can't do anything about it. For someone who has the drive to attend uni, I would of thought you would be more driven with regards to other problems.

I won't bother posting anymore, if you do decide to do something about it, then feel free to post or drop me a PM, I am more than happy to help.
  • Options
    BTW my diet today, not amazing -

Meal 1 - 2 Eggs & 1 Quorn Sausage

Meal 2 - Cheese and Onion salad on Wholemeal bread (had to buy this out as I was waiting for shopping to arrive today!)

Meal 3 - Wholeweat pasta and quorn fillets tossed in Pataks Madras paste (yum)

Meal 4 - Small serving of vegetable lasagne with wholeweat pasta sheets

Probs have some cottage cheese before bed

Today was crap for me in all honesty, too much sat fats, not enough protein, but all in all the cals and content were kept reasonable lean and in line with my goals.

On a good note, the shopping came so I can crack on again tomorrow!
  • Options
    Granola, strawberries and yogurt for breakfast with a fresh raspberry and mango smoothie.

Yo Sushi for lunch. I have now been there every working day for the past week. Had veg rice, crab katsu, salmon and tuna maki, and some sashimi.

Some Crazy sour skittles in the afternoon.

Dinner was pork chops, pasta and a homemade sweet and sour sauce.