Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The 'Weightloss and increased fitness' thread.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tuity wrote: »
    Oooh me me me. I've managed to lose 2 1/2 stone since last May (go me) and i need to lose probably another 1 1/2 stone but it's not budging :( Is it best to increase the exercise i'm doing, decrease the crap i eat (which to be honest is minimal these days) or both? I need to do something to kickstart it again but fuck all works.

Well done :)

Do you still need to lose weight? Is your BMI in a safe range to still be losing weight?

I think it would depend how much you are eating at the moment and what you are eating as well as what exercise you are doing and how much.
  • Options
    I'm actually looking forwards to my work out tomorrow morning :)

I never thought I'd say that.

I just wanted to say a big thanks to all you peeps on here who regularly post words of encouragement, it really helps keep me motivated :thumb:
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Where did you find out your BMR Randomgirl?

Btw, can arm exercises make your shoulder bones bony? My shoulders are really bony at the minute and really not very nice especially right right at the top of my arms. My friend has suggested cutting down on the weights on my arms at the gym. Is she talking sense?

:confused: Exercising will make them muscley not boney.
  • Options
    I used to have really good upper body strength from when i used to carry hundreds of cases of stock, and the odd few 11g kegs around the nightclub, so was quite good considering i never went to the gym or anything.

Im also in addition to my get fitter and lose a bit of weight, trying to build the upper body strength back up!
  • Options
    Where did you find out your BMR Randomgirl?
    Online, there are several websites if you google, some are more complex than others. I can't remember specifically which one I used. Also my friends got a book with the formula (a Carol Vordermann book) and I checked in there too, it comes out about the same.
  • Options
    Just used one....I'm still supposed to eat about 1400 calories despite losing loads of weight?!!! Weirrrddd.

Well the body needs a lot of energy to function, for vital organs to do their thing etc :)
  • Options
    I'm feeling good post-workout today :)
  • Options
    Thats good to hear RG! :)

I've nearly completed day 1 of my diet, it went totally tits up from the morning due to running late, I stuck pretty good to calorie consumption but the meals were different lol

Will post up in a bit what I did today
  • Options
    April7th.jpg
  • Options
    Onto consistent sub 11min 1.5 mile runs now

booyahh!!!!!!

Now to work on the sit ups (and continue to do thew running)
  • Options
    I worked out my arms and stuff saturday and added more weight... like a whopping 2.5lbs on each arm for bicep curls and stuff, roar strong me :p But now my arms kill. I could barely move them monday and they still are stiff today. I always stretch really good afterwards, how can i avoid this, being immobile sucks a bit ;) Bicep area is the only place that hurts too...
  • Options
    Went to the gym today for the first time in a week and a half due to illness and then going on holiday. Both sets of scales said I've lost 2lbs, which is weird.
    Anyway it was quite disappointing because I'd forgotten my programme card so I had to try and remember what to do (and it's a new programme I've only done once) and then I realise they'd moved a bench to the downstairs bodybuilding room. So I went down there but there weren't any light dumbells! So I couldn't do 2 of my exercises and I wasn't happy.
    So I complained about that. Then had to wait to get on the treadmill. Then could only do that for 10mins coz I had to go catch my bus home. But the friggin bus didn't turn up and I was still waiting 40mins later.:mad:
  • Options
    I was sooo chuffed yest. went to get my implant fitted yest and they weighed me and I have lost 6kg! Woop woop. This is just through changing my eating habits! Haven't managed to go to the gym for a while although I have just bought a dance mat for my Wii so have been playing on that for hours at a time. my knee is feeling alot better now, so am going to try to go back to the gym soon. Well done to everyone who is seeing results.

Cheese on Toast what is flax oil and what is it good for? Im also veggie but dont eat alot of dairy so am often run down.
  • Options
    I started running well tonight, then i noticed most of the way through the run i had slowed my pace right down without realising, then i realised i had spent most of my non tired out running, running up a hill!
  • Options
  • Options
    i'm doing quite well. i have lost a fair bit and my inch loss is ok too, just still can't get into smaller clothes yet!
  • Options
    Not been able to go the gym this week as it's closed for refurbishment...I've just realised how much I miss the gym when I can't go. I'm sad and love it :blush:. It's annoying as I'm off uni and placement this week and could have gone everyday and it stops me going into town spending money I don't have! They couldn't have done it next week when I'm back in uni for a week..tut.

Although I did manage to go yesterday as I phoned a gym and "pretended" to be intrested in joining and got a free day pass :thumb: ;)

Although I do feel slightly sad for doing it lol :)

Roll on saturday when it opens again!
  • Options
    I've decided it's time to get fit. I spent the weekend in the mountains and was struggling to keep up with the others.

I went to the gym today and yesterday. Polish gyms are weird. The woman strapped me into this belt thing that shook and vibrated my bum and thighs. How the hell does that work?
  • Options
    Hmm check me out, moderate weights work out an a two mile run in 15mins

yay
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I've decided it's time to get fit. I spent the weekend in the mountains and was struggling to keep up with the others.

I went to the gym today and yesterday. Polish gyms are weird. The woman strapped me into this belt thing that shook and vibrated my bum and thighs. How the hell does that work?

Oh sounds like one of those old 1950's fad workout things you see
    vibrating-belt.jpg

Now theres a workout I could do frequently ;)
  • Options
    Anyone do rock climbing? On a wall of course. They redid the memberships at the gym and now its free to use the wall and it seems like it would be fun and quite a workout... but a bit frightening. How long does one go usually last?
  • Options
    Woo my gyms all finished and new..it's great with all new equiptment :thumb:

Although it has these things that are really random and hard to work. It's a treadmill thats split in two and you can only walk on them but it's so confusing with my poo coordination :(

Feel great now I can go back the gym properly.
  • Options
    I reckon if I stopped drinking I'd have lost more weight this month than I actually have.

I'm currently running 9-12K a week (on average, sometimes more) in 3-4 sessions... Maybe I am going too slow.

I eat a very balanced diet... I actually have time at the moment to cook. Yay!

I hope to have lost a few kilo in another three weeks.
  • Options
    I just did a 33 mile bike ride, im in pain now :(
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »

how long did that take you?

you seem to have progressed with your training very quickly, well done:)
  • Options
    Just got back from the gym after my first proper workout since it's been shut for a week.

I feel so good! Although I lost track of time and didn't realise I'd been there for 3 hours :blush: and burnt off god knows how many calories :thumb:
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Aaaaand sttrrreeeeeetch :)

No pain, no gain.
  • Options
    Light use of weights, i say light, i mean so im working out but not killing myself.

So i have time to recover.

As for pressups, im able to whack out 15-20 really really fast, like within 25 seconds, so bearing in mind for army selection they would like me to do 40 in two minutes, sounds good!
  • Options
    My fat arse has got fatter recently! I had lost 21lbs since Xmas but over the last 2 months, I have managed to put 7 of these back on. I feel like a right bloater!

It is time to hit the gym and classes again.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    My fat arse has got fatter recently! I had lost 21lbs since Xmas but over the last 2 months, I have managed to put 7 of these back on. I feel like a right bloater!

It is time to hit the gym and classes again.

Even 14 pounds is very impressive! Good going :D