Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The 'Weightloss and increased fitness' thread.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lacrymosa is only saying she's going to do the same as Cheeseontoast.

Now why does she get the "for gods sakes" and "you said you were going to do this" and "for fucks sakes" yet he gets, oh nothing.

I know lacry's background but give her a break. All you lot telling her what shes doing wrong and how bad she is is not helping her. If you were helping she would have sorted herself out.

Nothing worse than people telling you you are stupid when you already feel it. A break from the constant nagging might do her some good.

(sorry for talking like your not reading stace)
  • Options
    I don't know Cheeseontoast but isn't he a body builder? I was just expressing that maybe someone as vulnerable as Stacey shouldn't take this up!

What do you mean by
    If you were helping she would have sorted herself out.

?? You are making it sound like it's our fault.

I wasn't trying to nag! It's hard to see these type of posts and not to respond. Jeez.
  • Options
    No No I dont mean it like that - sorry.

What I meant was that people have been offering her advice throughout this with the odd "gawd you look awful" and what the hell are you doing to yourself and so on and she is still struggling. This "harsh" pull yourself together approach obviously isn't helping Stace, as she keeps going back to these crash diets and vigorous excerise and weightloss.

I was just suggesting it might be best for her for people to not respond so shocked or sort of, I don't know I can't think of the word for it. A more sympathetic approach may be better - thats all I was saying.

I understand its hard not to respond - and I'm not suggesting you shouldn't. Stace must be finding it helpful or she wouldnt continue to post.

/ignore me if im talking shyte
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Lacrymosa is only saying she's going to do the same as Cheeseontoast.

Now why does she get the "for gods sakes" and "you said you were going to do this" and "for fucks sakes" yet he gets, oh nothing.

I know lacry's background but give her a break. All you lot telling her what shes doing wrong and how bad she is is not helping her. If you were helping she would have sorted herself out.

Nothing worse than people telling you you are stupid when you already feel it. A break from the constant nagging might do her some good.

(sorry for talking like your not reading stace)

:banghead:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    :banghead:

'cos that explains yourself...
  • Options
    i think people just get exasperated. but i think i agree with you.

maybe acting shocked is making it worse?

it's just so dangerous! it's hard to know how to respond
  • Options
    i think people just get exasperated. but i think i agree with you.

maybe acting shocked is making it worse?

it's just so dangerous! it's hard to know how to respond

exactly. You just summed it up.

I just think that the way people have reacted in the past hasn't helped so mabye people need to rethink how they react.

I just feel for you Stace and hope your OK :heart:
  • Options
    I have now shown myself i can run a mile in 7 minutes

booyahhhh
  • Options
    I dont really beleive in all these diet pills that are 'derived from natural products'. I only take notice of actual drugs/chemicals.
    I bought some pills from a steroid website. I wont name them here, but they were designed as a broncho-dilator for people with asthma and it is used in the middle-east type of places but banned in the uk and usa except for vetinary use.
    The way they act on certain receptors in your brain increases your metabolism and temperature, burning more fat and calories.
    However, this also means that they increase your heartbeat and breathing and make you shake like a leaf. You have to gradually increase your dose, only use them for a certain amount of time then, taper the dose back down and then you have to take a break.
    The first time i used them, i lost a little bit of weight but spent all day trying to work with my hands shaking so bad i could hardly write, and would be wide awake at night with my heart thumping and feeling like i would either suffocate or have a panic attack.
    ive just finished a second cycle, the side-effects werent as bad at all, but i already had to increase the dosage to the highest reccommended dosage i could find and ive lost nothing. It also costs me almost £40 for a 3week cycle.

i would do pretty much anything to lose the lbs (diagnosed eating disorder) but i doubt ill et them again because for all the hassel of it, its just not worth the effort.
    And, a certain celebrity who went crazy was using them too.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I have now shown myself i can run a mile in 7 minutes

booyahhhh

That's awesome, well done!

In terms of other stuff that's been said, in all honesty, I've made an effort to step away from this thread for a few days now, and take things elsewhere, hence my lack of reply for a lot of stuff. Nothing personal but there are some people who I think I could learn a lot of things from and it's probably a good time for me to have a bit of an internet diet.

Eat well, lift heavy, run fast, enjoy :D
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Eat well, lift heavy, run fast, enjoy :D
    Great motto :thumb:
  • Options
    Sorry for stirring things up, I just didn't think it was really fair for me to say one thing, do another, and not justify my actions.

I am far from the most experienced BBer/athlete whatever on the planet but I do have about 5 years experience behind me now, and about 2 years of intense diet related research.

While this doesn't make everything OK, it does enable me to take things to more extremes and do them safely and know my limits.

I wouldn't advise crash dieting to anyone who doesn't have a specific aim or goal to achieve, and if you are going to do it, you need to make sure you're getting EFAs, multivits etc.. but most important, only doing it for a very short period of time!

TBH I certainly wouldn't advise someone like Stacey to go on it, purely because I think the level she is at already is very good, and with a structured diet and maybe some cardio, she could have an astounding physique, long term..

But if she is, then I'd rather she did it according to a plan and getting her nutrients, than just doing what most uneducated people do in that circumstance - and just stop eating, full stop.

Hope that clears up my stance a little - good luck to everyone whatever they decide.
    If you need any help and I'm not posting, just drop me a PM and point me in the direction of the post, I'm always willing to help..

Phil
  • Options
    By the way, I have changed my mind on my diet and have decided to aim for around 1400kcals a day, putting me about 1000 under maintenance

When I add cardio in to the tune of 200-250 kcals a day, I will also increase in put by that much

Will insert some images of typical days in a bit
  • Options
    Good on you, I have only done my diet for Mon, Tues & Weds so far, but this is how I'm rollin...

day1-1.jpg

day2.jpg

day3.jpg

Not a lot of cals really, bleh! Going to do it that low probs for 2 weeks or so until I see a physical difference, just a psychological boost, then slowly up the cals to a normal weight loss program, probably 500 under maintainance, so around 2000 cals per day.

Plus if I do cardio each lunch time (hoping to as soon as my cold is better) that will give me another 250 to play with either for bigger loss, or more to eat hehe.

Just can't wait to be able to lift again, and bulk!

Good luck to you too :)
  • Options
    Oooh me me me. I've managed to lose 2 1/2 stone since last May (go me) and i need to lose probably another 1 1/2 stone but it's not budging :( Is it best to increase the exercise i'm doing, decrease the crap i eat (which to be honest is minimal these days) or both? I need to do something to kickstart it again but fuck all works.
  • Options
    Cheese On Toast, do you mind me asking why you are posting your crash diet on here in such detail?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Cheese On Toast, do you mind me asking why you are posting your crash diet on here in such detail?

Hi RG

That's not my crash diet, I was going to do a crash diet on 600-ish cals per day

That is reasonably low cal but not desperately or dangerously by any means

I posted it as I thought people may be interested - maybe I was wrong?
  • Options
    Hi RG

That's not my crash diet, I was going to do a crash diet on 600-ish cals per day

That is reasonably low cal but not desperately or dangerously by any means

I posted it as I thought people may be interested - maybe I was wrong?

Oh okay, I thought this was the crash diet (I didn't read the daily totals).

I eat under 600 KCal on a normal day but my BMR is a lot less than yours (mine is only about 1250 KCal), but that is due to depression etc. I think my eating is a bit fucked up at the moment and although I only lose about 1lb or so a week it's been going on for a bit long now and doesn't have clear end point.
  • Options
    Also, do you know how many calories there are in flaxoil? Cos sometimes you discount it and put 0 KCal and other times you have counted more than 100 KCal. Is a TB a tablespoon? I'm just wondering as I've started taking a flaxoil based Omega-3/6/9 suppliment as I'm told it's good for depression. Although mine are capsules, I don't think I could swallow it as oil!
  • Options
    Hiya!! Yes I do know, the 130 cals is right lol, thanks for point that out!! (grr, I need you to proof read my future ones lol)

That just fucked both those days up! 1500 kcals lol

Oh well, I'm still happy with that about tbh, I'm not fucking changing it again lol

I spent ages today drawing up a list of food sources and breaking down the macros

<600 is ridiculously low for anyone hun - you should get that in check TBH

Phil
  • Options
    PS I usually use the oil as a dressing on my pasta, I just whack it on with everything else (like a tomato based sauce -home made!!) and swallow it down :)

Wouldn't like to neck it on its own, although I have done it with eggs or a protein shake lol
  • Options
    I've just checked and (I *think*) the omega oil blend that I've been taking is only about 5 KCal per capsule as each one is only 500mg. I might try using some flaxoil on salads as you do instead of the capsules on some days, I like putting dressings and oils on my salads (although I do need to use some up before buying more, I've got about five different oils on the go at the moment!) Apparently this capsule is a blend of flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, pumpkinseed oil, wheatgerm oil, vitamin E, evening primrose oil, rosemary oil, soya lecithin and rice bran oil. I'm a vegetarian otherwise I'd just take some good old cod liver oil.
  • Options
    Hiya!! Yes I do know, the 130 cals is right lol, thanks for point that out!! (grr, I need you to proof read my future ones lol)

That just fucked both those days up! 1500 kcals lol

Oh well, I'm still happy with that about tbh, I'm not fucking changing it again lol

I spent ages today drawing up a list of food sources and breaking down the macros

<600 is ridiculously low for anyone hun - you should get that in check TBH

Phil

Lol, sorry if that messed up your numbers!

Yeah, I know it's not great, my GP is going to moniter my weight now to check if it gets too low. I'm not really sure at what point they think of it as problematically low though? Or indeed what they can do about it anyway.
  • Options
    Well, I guess you need some therapy to address the underlying issues and allow yourself to eat more.. but I don't know the situation in full.

Yeah its nice to do different dressings - I'm a vege too, hence my weird diet and oils;) :thumb: :D
  • Options
    Well, I guess you need some therapy to address the underlying issues and allow yourself to eat more.. but I don't know the situation in full.

Yeah its nice to do different dressings - I'm a vege too, hence my weird diet and oils;) :thumb: :D

Thanks for your reply. I am already in therapy quite intensively although the eating issues seem to have arisen more recently.

Veggie is good :thumb:
  • Options
    I just worked out I ate 2036 calories today, and apparently I only need 1831.

It seems next time I have curry, if I have it without rice I'm in the clear :p.

Sorry, I found the bit about calorie management really interesting.
  • Options
    I saw a guy today using a machine thats like a shoulder press... not a buff guy by any means of the word. He put the machine at its heaviest weight... unfortunatly I missed how he actually got it up, but then proceeded to do something that looked like a seizure, perhaps it was, moving it no more than an inch. And I see it all the time. At least a couple times while I'm there, and I'm never in the work out area very long. Even somebody with zero knowledge about working out or anything at all, a hermet with learning disabilities would even know thats not right. Is there something about this convulsion like thing that I'm missing out on? If your main form of working out is opening the fridge yet you can go to the gym and do all the weight on a machine... wouldn't it throw up a red sign :p
  • Options
    Your posts crack me up Simba :D:lol:
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I just worked out I ate 2036 calories today, and apparently I only need 1831.

It seems next time I have curry, if I have it without rice I'm in the clear :p.

Sorry, I found the bit about calorie management really interesting.

I think it's fine to have a couple of hundred over one day, you'll probably have a couple of hundred under on another day, or maybe you'll burn bit more with a bit of extra activity?

My friend is making that snickers cake next weekend, the one that got in the press for being 1250 KCal per slice :eek2: That's how many I'm meant to need per day though :lol:
  • Options
    Was he using it for calf raises? lol

Shyboy - whats your height/weight? 1800ish sounds low for maintenance