Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how many partners have you had?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was reading this article and it was saying that on average people have about 8 sexual partners in their lifetime...to me it seemed like a lot and i was wondering if that number is different for males and females...how many partners have you had? and do you think that 8 is a lot/too little/about right?

Comments

• Options
    Why don't you answer the question first?
    I'm actually a little ashamed of my number and don't think I'll be telling it to any prospective husbands!
    I think 8 is rather normal actually.
  • Options
    So far, I've had five sexual partners. Three more until I'm average. :p
  • Options
    I've had 5. I'd say 8 was a bit low though, tbh.
  • Options
    I wouldn't like to say but its considerably more than 8!! Up until I was 23 though I'd only had 4 sexual partners! Went through a stage after that of sleeping with anything female but out of that now so my count has hopefully stopped where it is for ever!
  • Options
    I suspect it's one of these averages that distorts the true picture.

Most people probably fall into significantly lower or higher rather than close to the average.
  • Options
    11 for me, 6 of them were when I was going through a crap stage in life and sex was a way of feeling better.

As for 8 being the average...I@d say it's low knowing how many all my friends have slept with as well.
  • Options
    Just the 3 for me
  • Options
    I think 8 is low, if someone looses their virginity when they are 16, and dies when they are 86, in 70 years they are only going to sleep with 8 people? I don't think that is many.

I have slept with 3 different guys, but I don't think that is particularly high or low for someone my age.
  • Options
    I've only had 2. 8 for me is FAAAAAR too much I think. lol. But thats just my ideas about sex and things making me say that.
  • Options
    Just 2, hopefully I won't need to go any higher but you never know !!
  • Options
    About 14 I think, so far.
  • Options
    I don't class everyone I have slept with as a "partner".

Having sex with someone once is very different to being with the same person for a long time and getting to know them.

Numbers are pretty meaningless although I have to admit, if someone had slept with hundreds of women it may put me off.

One of my friends used to sleep with loads of men, she said it was down to low self esteem .
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Can I be the first to do a comedy answer like 44475553560005626900?
  • Options
    I've had all of one! yay! I'm not very average when it comes to these things though but maybe I'll make it there one of these days. ;)
  • Options
    I was thinking about this the other day. It's 9 for me so I'm a real slut yeah, a few not being partners
  • Options
    I think it all evens out though, like you get loads of threads here about 26 year old virgins. Chances are they're only going to have sex once or twice in their life, then there's people like priests and devout Christians who don't believe in sex before marriage. They're missing out! :D
  • Options
    Ive only slept with one person. Though I fooled around with a few others before that.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Ive only slept with one person. Though I fooled around with a few others before that.

Lost track of the exact figure, but it's around 60.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Lost track of the exact figure, but it's around 60.

:eek:

Gotta get me round your way, if someone like you can sleep with 60 odd women then god knows what I could do! :razz:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    :eek:

Gotta get me round your way, if someone like you can sleep with 60 odd women then god knows what I could do! :razz:

:lol:

Cheeky fook ;)

London baby - I'd slept with 4 when I arrived here (or was it 5...?) 5.5 years ago. Bearing in mind I've worked away 4 years of that, only coming back on weekends for the most part, I think that figure could have been a lot higher as I don't like 'dating' on weekends - they're for fun with my pals (mostly...) ;)
  • Options
    Hmm I'm not sure of my number.. just because I don't know whether to count guys who I've been naked in bed with and done oral but then we just never had the actual intercourse.

Between me and my mates though it varies alot.. some have only slept with 1 (lost their virginity to their boyf and are still with them 5/6 years later). 8 doesn't sound much though.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Hmm I'm not sure of my number.. just because I don't know whether to count guys who I've been naked in bed with and done oral but then we just never had the actual intercourse.

Between me and my mates though it varies alot.. some have only slept with 1 (lost their virginity to their boyf and are still with them 5/6 years later). 8 doesn't sound much though.

I go for people I've had full intercourse with. If I included the other figure, things go into triple figures, I reckon....................... If not, it will be close.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I go for people I've had full intercourse with. If I included the other figure, things go into triple figures, I reckon....................... If not, it will be close.

Well that's what I usually count.. just intercourse. But I'm not sure now, it could depend on the situation.. i think being naked in bed and doing other stuff is still just as personal.
  • Options
    Ive had 4 so far :)
  • Options
    Not enough.
  • Options
    I don't class partners as people I've slept with.

I've slept with 10 guys but not had a relationship with them all!

I'm like Lipsy too and have had sexual experiences with other guys but haven't gone all the way.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Not enough.
    haha likewise!
  • Options
    8 is absolute nonsense. Maybe this survey was global so included people from more conservative cultures, for UK no chance, 8 must be average for like a 25yo.

g_angel007 I have to ask your secret to success lol, how have you slept with 60 girls in London in 5 years?! I'm here and haven't found it anywhere that easy though I'm definitely not looking in the right places. Is it that Playtime Club link you've posted?
  • Options
    I've slept with two people.
  • Options
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    g_angel007 I have to ask your secret to success lol, how have you slept with 60 girls in London in 5 years?! I'm here and haven't found it anywhere that easy though I'm definitely not looking in the right places. Is it that Playtime Club link you've posted?

:lol:

To be honest, it's not been difficult at all. I don't go out "on the pull", looking to pick up, so perhaps I don't have that aura of "I am looking for a shag" going on ;) I don't have any technique, save to say that I am pretty easy to chat to (not so, when on MSN) and I'm just pretty friendly! I'm also usually right in the thick of things when out and about - so am pretty noticeable as I am usually one of the ringleaders :D Oh - I rarely actually directly "hit" on a woman. I have a slight shy streak which keeps me in check, but if things seem to be going well when just chatting away, I'll ask for a number and see where it goes from there... I have seriously lost count of the number of times I've woken up the next morning with a number on my phone but not knowing who the person was as I can't remember :( I suffer really bad swiss cheese brain when drinking, even when not that drunk. Grrr

Certainly, I find some places friendlier than others - and don't really find many venues around the City too great as it's far too much about "What do you do", "I just landed this deal" etc, as opposed to just having a laugh...

Playtime has afforded me some success in this respect, but I have made so many friends out of that night which is the main reason I have posted the link. It's a good night, for good times - although is going for it's last night of 2008 before changing to partner Electronic at Ministry of Sound. I'm curious to see how that works out as I'm not a huge fan of the club...
This discussion has been closed.