Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how many partners have you had?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Just checked with her - Apparently not. Much.

:lol: I like the 'Much' edit.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    :lol: I like the 'Much' edit.

:D :thumb:
  • Options
    Fuck the fact thing... You must've started young, though ;)

15 so not young :/
  • Options
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    Fascinating stuff! :) (No seriously lol..) - what sort of venues do you go to, do things end up in one-night stands or you actually date these girls? Like I said I'm in the wrong places, everywhere's male-heavy with the "What do you do" as first question culture.

I just go to 'normal' places, to be honest. I avoid any 'High Roller' places as they're just not my thang at all. Worked in the City before, and I couldn't stand them then either.

I like Harlem Soul Food on Westbourne Grove (the club underneath is usually a good craic. Clubbing wise, I tend to head to The Egg, The Cross, The Key, The End, Ministry (rarely, but no doubt more often from now on). Again, (apart from Ministry) always places where 'anything goes'. I just like places that are simply good fun, and it's not down to how you're dressed etc etc. To be honest, I don't really have any regular bars I go in - just wherever we decide to head (which could vary massively depending on the particular friends I am with).

A lot are one night stands, simply due to my situation (until 2 weeks ago I was working away a lot and so simply didn't have time/didn't want to invest the time in taking things further), but some turn into 'more than one' night stands...

A lot of my friends tend to have house parties, and they are ALWAYS a winner, as you don't have that bullshit 'would you like a drink' crap - they're there as they're mutual friends of *somebody* at the party, so instantly you have a step up as you know you must both be 'ok', at least.
  • Options
    playdead wrote: »
    15 so not young :/

4 'proper' relationships from 15-16...?! :confused:

Either way - it doesn't matter ;)
  • Options
    4 'proper' relationships from 15-16...?! :confused:

Either way - it doesn't matter ;)

hehe when i said 'proper' i meant like going out with them not like offical oh my god may get married lool x
  • Options
    I've not slept with anyone.
  • Options
    Zero.

Haha, you can have some of mine!
  • Options
    playdead wrote: »
    hehe when i said 'proper' i meant like going out with them not like offical oh my god may get married lool x

:D:lol:
  • Options
    Perhaps, if you or I were gay.

You know u want some bumfun
  • Options
    I just go to 'normal' places, to be honest. I avoid any 'High Roller' places as they're just not my thang at all. Worked in the City before, and I couldn't stand them then either.

I like Harlem Soul Food on Westbourne Grove (the club underneath is usually a good craic. Clubbing wise, I tend to head to The Egg, The Cross, The Key, The End, Ministry (rarely, but no doubt more often from now on). Again, (apart from Ministry) always places where 'anything goes'. I just like places that are simply good fun, and it's not down to how you're dressed etc etc. To be honest, I don't really have any regular bars I go in - just wherever we decide to head (which could vary massively depending on the particular friends I am with).

A lot are one night stands, simply due to my situation (until 2 weeks ago I was working away a lot and so simply didn't have time/didn't want to invest the time in taking things further), but some turn into 'more than one' night stands...

A lot of my friends tend to have house parties, and they are ALWAYS a winner, as you don't have that bullshit 'would you like a drink' crap - they're there as they're mutual friends of *somebody* at the party, so instantly you have a step up as you know you must both be 'ok', at least.
    What did you do in the City? Yeah I don't know how people can spend night after night hanging out at Liverpool St or Canary Wharf bars, just seems so dull where everyone's a clone of one another. But I've done places like The Key, The End (lots), also Fabric, Infernos..they're utterly terrible places to pull surely, because people are there to dance and have fun, people don't get drunk/aren't out on the pull, they're there for hardcore dancing. It's west end bars and clubs where I find it much easier to meet girls but hard to close the deal, few are up for one-night stands.
  • Options
    if you mean sexual partners? ive only had sex with one girl, and im 24 haha:blush: :
  • Options
    I've had more partners than I would probably admit to! I don't think its a particularly high number, but people make mean judgements, and I'm a nice girl really
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    I've had more partners than I would probably admit to! I don't think its a particularly high number, but people make mean judgements, and I'm a nice girl really
    Don't understand why people should make mean judgements if a girl's slept with a lot of guys.. if anything I'd respect it that someone is living life to the full enjoying what's there to be enjoyed, rather than restricting that just because society dictates it's "immoral" or whatever.
  • Options
    this post totally reminds me off that scene in Clerks when Dante and Veronica are arguing about how many girls he's slept with vs hers and how many dicks she's sucked (37)

I'm on 8. Hopefully, I'll stay on mr. no 8 too
  • Options
    i have a grand total of.....one (and i have no plans to increase it)
  • Options
    Too many to count, not enough to satisfy :p
  • Options
    i've slept with 4. i reckon it could have been a lot more but umm, im picky! haha. done quite a few other things with people though just not gone the whole way.
  • Options
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    It's west end bars and clubs where I find it much easier to meet girls but hard to close the deal, few are up for one-night stands.

Do you go out specificially looking for women to sleep with just for one night?

That would put most women off tbh.
    Unless you're on holiday or something.
  • Options
    Depends by what you mean Sexual Partners ?

Actually sex ..around the number for a womans life time average ! Which sounds really bad but maybe they did that average thing years ago before women went out much ?
  • Options
    One :)

what a lovely thread to start off with... hi?
  • Options
    swampgirl wrote: »
    One :)
    what a lovely thread to start off with... hi?
    Could have started with much worse threads, I suppose. Hello there.
  • Options
    For me, the answer is 1. I had the opportunity to make it 2, or 3, but I'm actually happier it's the 1.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but... for those with high numbers who know they've slept with 'exactly' 39 or 72, as opposed to 'umm about 20' I presume you're keeping a physical list rather than having a fantastic memory? Or are the events so good or bed they're etched in the mind, and you can recall them all like Andie MacDowell in "4 Weddings..." I hope you don't have an Excel spreadsheet graphing out your progress year by year :) If you had their names, I could understand if this were for health reasons if they needed to be tracked down later. But for one night stands you might not have their full names.

Perhaps something to think about when the next posters answer the original question. Ok, let's get back on topic...
  • Options
    I've slept with 9 people in the 3 years I've been having sex. However, due to my spectacular ability to attract really charming and interesting guys who are actually monsters underneath, I'd say I regret 5 of them. Pitiful, shameful, WON'T be telling my number to my current (wonderful) boyfriend!
  • Options
    After last night? Make that, minus 235. Oh yeah, giggity giggity.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    After last night? Make that, minus 235. Oh yeah, giggity giggity.

:lol:

I had a pilled up (well, I was hahah) MSN chat with a woman I used to work with and had a massive crush on a few years back. SOoooooooooooooo hilarious :D
  • Options
    5 (2 of which were girlfriends) and I've done other stuff (oral e.t.c) with a few more.
  • Options
    Well, interesting fact for you all.

So far, taking those who have actually given numbers on this thread so far, our average is 6.8, suspect that would be slightly higher if some of those who simply said 'lots' put an approx number on it, but even so it's not going to be significantly different to the 8 given at the start of the thread.

While there are lots of people who have lots of 'sexual partners' there are many more who have very few (I suspect they are generally in long term relationships).
  • Options

there are many more who have very few (I suspect they are generally in long term relationships).

Yeah disgusting innit :lol:
  • Options
    there are many more who have very few (I suspect they are generally in long term relationships).

I think the average is somewhere about 6-9 in a lifetime, but those with low numbers generally are either late bloomers or people who've been together for years.

My number's low because I've been with the same woman since I was 17, but if I hadn't met her it'd have been higher...
This discussion has been closed.