Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    Sending hugs to you @IainJammyboy, we are all here for you every step of the way- I can hear things feel pretty scary and confusing right now but you deserve to be looked after so you can take some steps towards feeling better.

Remember you can always open up your own thread if you would like some more direct support from the community if you feel comfortable doing so.

Please keep us updated on how you're doing, you are so strong and this will all pass soon enough <3
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,312 Wise Owl
    Im a bit upset that it's chat break atm, normally I'm fine with them, if anything I find them beneficial for a few reasons but now I could have done with them. The mods and everyone do need a break though so I'm not saying they shouldn't happen but would anyone here want to join if I maybe made my own support chat thread?
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,023 Wise Owl
    So much anxiety and I don’t know why
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    I did an emergency stop in my driving lesson and a box of laxatives from my bag in the back seat fell right next to him and he looked at it and said I think this is yours 💀
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    I feel like I constantly smell of someone with an eating disorder without being obviously detailed but yeah I know what I mean and I hate it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    edited April 20
    FordRanger wrote: »
    Im a bit upset that it's chat break atm, normally I'm fine with them, if anything I find them beneficial for a few reasons but now I could have done with them. The mods and everyone do need a break though so I'm not saying they shouldn't happen but would anyone here want to join if I maybe made my own support chat thread?

yeah @FordRanger i would :)
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    edited April 21
    FordRanger wrote: »

yeah @FordRanger i would :)

@libbystrawberry might do one tomorrow or something but not sure if anyone else would join.
  • Options
    I can't sleep
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @FordRanger hey, hopefully ur mentor will help u get a job! i was looking for a job last year and it took me most of that year which is why i ended up doing the volunteering. I think doing volunteering that will give u transferable skills is good, anything that gives u communication skills (call centres, shops etc.) is rrly good because lots of jobs require that. Also, anything that shows u can work in a fast paced environment is good. They don't have to be specifically related to that field as long as u can find ways to relate the skills you've developed to the job ur applying to! good luck.
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @Chloe234 good luck on ur GCSEs i'm sure you'll do your best and smash it! don't put too much pressure on yourself and remember to let yourself have breaks/rest !
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    edited April 21
    Sent home from hospital, can't really access any support. Crisis team are saying they can't help thinking it's more of a psychotic illness, the early psychosis team who would help with these cases don't want to see me and I've kinda fallen in this hole where either it's too confusing or people just don't want to help

I'm really sorry that this is happening @IainJammyboy - you don't deserve to be thrown between services and to be stuck without support. You're doing so well to keep reaching out. <3

Do you think it could be useful to speak to your GP about the lack of support and where you've been left? I wonder if they could advocate on your behalf or explore alternatives.

Mind also have a Legal line providing legal information and general advice on mental health related law. They are open Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm and can be contacted on 0300 466 6463. You can email them on legal@mind.org.uk. They can signpost you to access some advocacy services, treatment options, and where to get help and so it might be worth exploring with them your situation.

Keep going Iain, we're here for you. <3
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    Someones controlling my mind but in a way I don't understand how or what they're stopping me from trying to understand
    They're in my mind

Hey @IainJammyboy you're doing so well to keep reaching out through what sounds like such distressing experiences. It shows great courage to open up when things are feeling this way. <3

When you say that it feels like someone is controlling your mind, if you feel comfy telling us a bit more about what this feels like and where you feel out of control, we're here to listen. Are there times where you find you are able to take back control?

The important thing to know is that there is support out there for things like this - you're not alone and there are people who can help.
    The Voice Collective | call 020 7911 0822 or email info@voicecollective.co.uk. They have an online peer support forum, where you can connect in with others who are experiencing something similar to you and they also have tools on their website where you can select what difficult emotion you're experiencing currently, and it gives you relevant coping mechanisms.

Hearing Voices Network | call 0114 271 8210 or e-mail them on nhvn@hotmail.co.uk 

Mind have a list of support services on their website for those who are hearing voices: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/hearing-voices/useful-contacts/.

Keep going Iain, we're here for you. <3
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 939 Part of The Mix Family
    @Gemma sorry I'll reply later
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @IainJammyboy no pressure to reply at all - just know we are here for you to talk whenever you need <3 Sending a big virtual hug
  • Options
    My dad called me attention seeking for overdosing

@IainJammyboy that’s awful, I’m so sorry he said that
  • Options
    I have a job interview tomorrow, I'm a bit nervous but hopefully I sleep OK tonight and don't stress about it.
  • Options
    Big big hugs @Chloe234 I’m so sorry ❤️