Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,192 Boards Champion
    Feel like shit. It's like I'm stepping on eggshells around my family, for some reason the only time I feel wanted or of use is when I'm at school
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    I did it again reading tf fanfics and fruit berry tf and ivy ones hate myself why couldent i be normal?. Is it weird I like this thing on devinart?.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 943 Part of The Mix Family
    The only few times my mum was talking to me today was just to shout at me
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    I’ve been restricting for a bit & using OTC pills (not the ones I brought online) & I’m getting bad heart palpitations but I have lost a lot of weight for the short time again
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I’m getting soo many heart palpitations with any luck I won’t want up in the morning
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    My outbursts get quite violent only at home, I have no problem making friends or talking to people or thinking clearly outside of home but it's the constant gaslighting and blaming on me that puts me in these situations where I can become uncontrollable. It's my parents that are responsible but they refuse to take responsibility, continue to shout at get angry at me because I'm apparently becoming an "alcoholic" and a "future woman beater" - my parents words. I never have and never will lay hands upon any other person. Or maybe my parents are right I'll just grow up to be a violent self centered alcoholic woman beater. I try so hard and they destroy everything I've worked so hard towards in one fucking sentence
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    It's snowing
    g5musl2buf2t.jpg
    out of the whole school there's 3 staff members and 4 students in so far :lol:
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    I don’t know what’s wrong with me I’m getting so many heart palpitations. It’s kinda scary but kinda fun like oh will she make it to the end of the day who knows
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,260 Wise Owl
    why is my anxiety sky rocketing arghhhhhhhh
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 16
    Siena wrote: »
    I’ve been restricting for a bit & using OTC pills (not the ones I brought online) & I’m getting bad heart palpitations but I have lost a lot of weight for the short time again
    I’m getting soo many heart palpitations with any luck I won’t want up in the morning
    I don’t know what’s wrong with me I’m getting so many heart palpitations. It’s kinda scary but kinda fun like oh will she make it to the end of the day who knows
    @Siena for the palpitations, it might be worth getting seen by a doc. The NHS has a good page on them here that says when to see a GP and what they can be caused by:
    NHS wrote:
    Causes of heart palpitations

Heart palpitations are common and not usually a sign of anything serious.

Common causes include:
    • strenuous exercise
    • lack of sleep
    • stress and anxiety
    • medicines (check the leaflet that comes with the medicine)
    • alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and recreational drugs

Sometimes heart palpitations can be a sign you're going through the menopause. Some people get them during pregnancy.

Less often, they can be caused by a condition such as iron deficiency anaemia, an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or a heart rhythm problem (arrhythmia).

See a GP if you have heart palpitations and:
    • they keep coming back or they're getting worse
    • they last longer than a few minutes
    • you have a heart condition
    • you have a history of heart problems in your family
    I can't tell if you were indulging in dark humour or genuinely suggesting you might die (or both I guess!), but in either case it might be worth reaching out to the relevant people. :)

For thoughts of suicide you know crisis services are always there, and if the palpitations continue or get worse, calling 111 or seeing a GP might not be a bad shout.

I also wanted to touch on this briefly:
    I won't get too into the weeds here to avoid triggers, but you've said before that you're in a medically risky place when it comes to losing weight and I wanted to acknowledge that here. I know that's a complex situation with a lot of emotional difficulty behind it and you've shown a lot of willingness to get yourself support when you reach tipping points. I'd encourage you to reach out for whatever medical attention or emotional support you need right now, particularly if those ED thoughts and behaviours are peaking again like they have at other points recently.

Gentle reminder that you can also create dedicated threads for these chunkier convos :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    I really believe once I move out my life will be much much much better
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    My heads not playing ball today. Going to maccies with my friends to get me out of the house. We shall see if it helps. Just can't figure out whats wrong with my brain
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thank you. @JustV think it’s because I’m also drinking energy drinks so probably bad combo. So I’ll cut down
  • Options
    Thank you. @JustV think it’s because I’m also drinking energy drinks so probably bad combo. So I’ll cut down
    Makes sense @Siena. :) I get them a lot when I'm stressed, and worse if I'm overtired or hopped up on caffeine. Might be a similar thing to you - I know energy drinks are pretty loaded!
  • Options
    JustV wrote: »
    Makes sense @Siena. :) I get them a lot when I'm stressed, and worse if I'm overtired or hopped up on caffeine. Might be a similar thing to you - I know energy drinks are pretty loaded!

Would you recommend any @JustV??? I've tried red bull but it tastes like Calpol and I hate it, but I need to stay awake
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    I did it again readimg blueberry tf stories im such a creep, I use devinart for it to read and amazon sigh im being a weird being again
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,087 Wise Owl
    Wish I could escape my family
  • Options
    @JustV oh I'm so sorry lol - everyone needs a good diet coke every now and again tho
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster

Would you recommend any @JustV??? I've tried red bull but it tastes like Calpol and I hate it, but I need to stay awake
    Sorry @IainJammyboy poorly phrased - I meant I get palpitations a lot, not energy drinks haha

I've actually never had an energy drink, which feels weird to say out loud. My fuel of choice tends to be caffeine in the form of diet coke, though I'm trying to give it up. 🥱

Ooh I've never had an energy drink either! I also don't drink coffee at all. I do have fizzy drinks quite often but not really as a means of getting energy.
    Maybe that's why I feel so tired all the time :lol:

Stupid question. Is it just coke that has caffeine or do most fizzy drinks do? (Eg. fanta sprite etc.)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @libbystrawberry I'm sorry you feel like this, it must be really hard. Well done for reaching out. You can always come and talk about it here. You are not alone. We will always be here to talk to you.

If you feel comfortable try and share how you have been feeling with family or friends. I am sure they would be able to reassure you that you are not alone. Having a good intimate conversation with someone might make you feel better.

Sending you lots of virtual hugs.
  • Options
    edited January 17
    Feel so lonely and disconnected from everything

Also I miss my teacher so much :/
  • Options
    Nobody would even notice if I just disappeared, or they at least wouldn’t be bothered
  • Options
    Everything is so pointless
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    My counselling got cancelled :s really needed support
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Really really lonely
  • Options
    @JustV oh I'm so sorry lol - everyone needs a good diet coke every now and again tho
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

Sorry @IainJammyboy poorly phrased - I meant I get palpitations a lot, not energy drinks haha

I've actually never had an energy drink, which feels weird to say out loud. My fuel of choice tends to be caffeine in the form of diet coke, though I'm trying to give it up. 🥱

Ooh I've never had an energy drink either! I also don't drink coffee at all. I do have fizzy drinks quite often but not really as a means of getting energy.
    Maybe that's why I feel so tired all the time :lol:

Stupid question. Is it just coke that has caffeine or do most fizzy drinks do? (Eg. fanta sprite etc.)
    Just Coke I think @JJLemon18, I'm in the process of switching to 7Up Zero, but naturally without the caffeine I'm enjoying it much less and it doesn't have the same effect :sweat_smile:

It's not much tho, a can of Diet Coke I think has like 1/3 the caffeine of a black coffee or something.

@IainJammyboy true! I'll still drink it sometimes (drinking it now tbf) but I was clearing probably the equivalent of like 4-5 cans per day, and felt like I needed to at least reduce it.

Interestingly I didn't have any for like 3/4 days, and I had a constant, very bad withdrawal headache during that time. Was a bit of a wake up call to be honest. :grimace:

No one asked about this but it feels related: apparently it's common for people with ADHD to self-medicate with stimulants (like caffeine or sugar) to regulate their ability to focus. And I think that's probably what I was doing without realising, which explains a lot!
This discussion has been closed.