Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,545 Skive's The Limit
    Omg the urge to leave this hospital is getting stronger and stronger as I can feel myself sobering up and starting to feel emotions again
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,900 Master Poster
    My period came late. I was getting worried about it although I know there`s no chance of me being pregnant. Usually it comes about every 26 days but this time it wasn`t until day 30. To be fair, last time it came at 22 days so I suppose my body was making up for it coming early by coming late.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 958 Part of The Mix Family
    Should I be ashamed for self harming as a guy???
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,116 Wise Owl
    @IainJammyboy i don’t think it’s any different if you’re a guy! Obviously self harm isn’t good but being a guy isn’t reason to be ashamed of it.
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe I guess it's just two things - with all this ideology that men should just keep things to themselves and 'man up' and the fact no one ever talks about it
  • Options
    @IainJammyboy if it’s any help, I don’t believe that men should just hide their emotions etc, and I hate the way they’re made to feel like that. I hope you feel able to use this space to talk about whatever you need to :heart:
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,211 Boards Champion
    Dads still being such a dick. What's the point of having a child if you're gonna moan and complain if they ask you to go to something for them. It's only a bloody parents evening, it won't kill him. Everything I say and do is pissing him off tho. And im clearly not cared about much, he can't even remember my date if birth like wtf. He never celebrates my birthday too
  • Options
    @Chloe234 I’m so sorry, I think your dad is being really unfair. You shouldn’t even have to ask him to go to your parents evening, he should just do it! If he’s still refusing to go, perhaps you could discuss this with your teachers? Just so you can still get something out of it. And that’s so awful that he doesn’t celebrate your birthday, it sounds like he has some kind of issue with the fact that he even has children. I’m so sorry he’s treating you so badly, you really don’t deserve it :heart:
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe thankyou <3 he's booked it and said he will but put up a fight about it 🫠 I think it's just he has a problem with me, my sisters he treats amazing, I'm the outcast lol
  • Options
    @Chloe234 perhaps there’s just something he associates with you / your birth? I don’t know why else he’d treat you worse :heart:
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,190 Wise Owl
    Mum keeps going on about the fact that she won't come with me to meet my real mum :/ going to do this alone I guess
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    I have no motivation to do anything. It’s all too much effort
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,190 Wise Owl
    Gowin litel an got no one toow talk toow :bawling:
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Full of life but really suicidal at the same time
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    did another test it said negative and I'm relieved but i just still feel incredibly stressed, there's too much going on and everyone around me is making it worse
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    edited January 7
    Childhood was fucking ruined because of my parents and they never even taught me on how to look after myself properly so I have to learn it all now
    Post edited by IainJammyboy on
  • Options
    Apparently the cat doesn’t love me, and animals can’t care about people. He’s helped me through so much and he knows when I need him, he must love me?
  • Options
    i hate myself so much i feel so disgusted with myself and pissed off
  • Options
    Just numb. Extremely numb.
  • Options
    im really scared
  • Options
    Xee wrote: »
    im really scared

What's up?
  • Options
    im fucking sobbing and no one has eevm noticed
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    im really scared

What's up?

im reqlly overwhelmed andevruthimg is goimg wromg amd im so scared im just gonna be a total fuck up
  • Options
    edited January 7
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    im really scared

What's up?

im reqlly overwhelmed andevruthimg is goimg wromg amd im so scared im just gonna be a total fuck up

Hey take some deep breaths, message me if you need to 🩷 you're not alone
  • Options
    Finding everything a bit much. Stressed and overwhelmed but need to keep it together. Frustrated because I need to do a 2 sided sheet of notes for a drama evaluation as part of my exam but for that I need to take quotes from the script which I can't find on Google drive bc it's just completely dissapeared. I'm stressed because school is so shit atm and I've inly been in for 2 days. I'm also stressed bc the usual space I use for support is full and because of chat break I'm gonna have to wait for 2 weeks to try and get a space. I'm just struggling alot and everything seems so against me
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,321 Part of The Furniture
    Sorry I just really need some advice on cleaning my clothes without my parents finding out or anything - they're just stained with blood
    I know you didn't mention this yourself, but in case this is from SH, I wanted to say please do get yourself any medical care you need @IainJammyboy.

There's some guidance here on caring for self-harm wounds in case you need it :) : https://spunout.ie/mental-health/self-harm/self-harm-wounds (TW for injuries etc)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Love family arguments at dinnertime...
  • Options
    My mum makes everything so hard 😭😭😭
  • Options
    I can’t do this anymore
  • Options