Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 959 Part of The Mix Family
    My dad comes home from holiday and all of a sudden before even seeing him I feel so down and depressed and suicidal
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 590 Incredible Poster
    My dad comes home from holiday and all of a sudden before even seeing him I feel so down and depressed and suicidal

so sad man sending loads of hugs tho <3<3
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 655 Incredible Poster

Hey @IainJammyboy, I'm so sorry to hear that your dad coming home is making you feel this way <3. It sounds like things are still quite tough at home.

I know you mentioned that getting away from school, getting stuck into your classical music, and feeling like an equal with your lecturers has made a big difference to how you've been feeling lately which was so nice to see. Has this been a welcomed distraction from things going on at home?

Remember, if you ever feel unsafe or would like someone to reach out to outside of The Mix, these services are always a call or text away:
    *Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    *Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    *Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,055 Community Veteran
    I got a stupid kink and thing for blueberries on wiki like the scene from charlie and the chocolate factory ewww hate myself.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    stupid disgusting me im my own worst enemy because i love the blueberry scene from charlie and chocolate factory i look it up on devinart wiki and why just to make myself feel even more worse
  • Options
    i feel so misunderstood
  • Options
    i wanna be happyyy
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    First day back at uni tomorrow and I'm absolutely terrified, but also kinda excited. Its a weird feeling, as if I'm going to university for the very first time. Like it feels serious this time. I'm so not used to this...
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    Struggling to bend my arm. Which is very annoying when want to put my hair up or roll on on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Once I get away from my dad I won't have to live on antidepressants, I don't have to constantly live in fear
  • Options
    I feel so depressed because I still have to go home after my CPN meeting
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,192 Boards Champion
    Managed a little dinner but overall my ED has won again today. Feel so defeated and worthless and horrid. Way to ruin what was actually a good night
  • Options
    I just decided to take two online quizzes and turns out theres a high likelihood that I have both autism and adhd... Idk if thats a good or bad thing
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    The fact that most of my calories now are coming from alcohol is kinda concerning especially as empty calories
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Might have the option to move into a student hall hehehe
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    I just decided to take two online quizzes and turns out theres a high likelihood that I have both autism and adhd... Idk if thats a good or bad thing

As someone who identifies and is dignosed with autism and adhd I can totally understand about how you feel whether it is a good or bad thing. Technically having autism and adhd isn't necessarily a bad thing in a way as there are many positives and negatives to having a learning disability or neurological condition. I'd like to think that autism and adhd is a unique and person condition, yes it does have it's negatives at times but there is always the thing of being part of who makes me who I am. I know that you took a quiz online which would depend on accuracy as sometimes quizzes don't often reveal the correct information. However, I do wonder if you have thought about possibly getting a dignosis. Sometimes having an official dignosis can help a person better understand themselves, identity and genetic code. Sorry to be talking positive in a way I do feel like I am sugar coating the condition a bit but honestly there is nothing bad at all for having autism and adhd as it's just something you kind of live with in a way and find ways of coping with. I'm always here if you do need someone to talk to anytime <3.
  • Options
    today was shit
  • Options
    @Amy22 aww thank you :3

Yea I totally get that it makes up a part of who you are, and I think its kinda cool for that reason. I wouldnt say I'm upset, it's not that I can change it right? It's just nice to know what has caused me to be like this and behave the way I do. After seeing the costs of getting such diagnosis I think I'll pass :sweat_smile:

The reason I mentioned this is because there is a society at uni that is just for neurodivergent people, and it sounds like a really nice and chill place. It genuinely sounds like The Mix if it was at my uni lol. But without having a proper diagnosis I don't want to join and annoy anyone or anything just in case I don't actually have autism or adhd. It sounds like such a peaceful community and I wouldnt want to ruin it if that makes sense.
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Sorry to be talking positive
    Ngl I don't think I've ever heard anyone apologise for being positive haha. Its okay Amy I get you ;)

And I'm also here if you need someone to talk to too!
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @Amy22 aww thank you :3

Yea I totally get that it makes up a part of who you are, and I think its kinda cool for that reason. I wouldnt say I'm upset, it's not that I can change it right? It's just nice to know what has caused me to be like this and behave the way I do. After seeing the costs of getting such diagnosis I think I'll pass :sweat_smile:

The reason I mentioned this is because there is a society at uni that is just for neurodivergent people, and it sounds like a really nice and chill place. It genuinely sounds like The Mix if it was at my uni lol. But without having a proper diagnosis I don't want to join and annoy anyone or anything just in case I don't actually have autism or adhd. It sounds like such a peaceful community and I wouldnt want to ruin it if that makes sense.
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Sorry to be talking positive
    Ngl I don't think I've ever heard anyone apologise for being positive haha. Its okay Amy I get you ;)

And I'm also here if you need someone to talk to too!

Yeah I get you there with the dignosis thing and part as the costs for asessment especially if you want to go private can be pricey. I was dignosed at a young age so things were slightly different then to now but I get ya. Also, I think it's nice to just be able to self identify as neurodiverse alongside it too as it nice to kind of feel it. That's sounds really great theres a neurodiverse society in your university it does sound like The Mix and supportive. I got a similar thing in my town but it's a youth hub for young adults living with autism and related conditions which I go to now and then for support and help. It's also run by neurodiverse people for neurodiverse people so the people there actually kind of understand you. Aw thanks I just don't want to sugar coat things too much idk I can be over friendly or over positive about things. I'm glad though that the quiz has helped you to better understand yourself and why you may do certain things in a way or even differently to others which is totally normal. <3
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,192 Boards Champion
    This week's been so shit
This discussion has been closed.