Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Since there’s NO SC, How’s everyone really doing?

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
I’m not a mod so not sure if I can call this a support chat thread, but wanted to ask how everyone’s doing? Since there’s been no SC for a couple of nights.

I’m chilling tonight so free to be around if anyone needs to chat or a rant, keeping guidelines in mind of course :)
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Doing good elle! How are you?
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    I feel embarrassed. Things weren't too great earlier. It was my last session with the group of kids that I have been coaching over the past year. I broke down into tears in front of them at the end of the session whilst I was talking to them about how proud I am of them for all they have done over the past year.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    I feel embarrassed. Things weren't too great earlier. It was my last session with the group of kids that I have been coaching over the past year. I broke down into tears in front of them at the end of the session whilst I was talking to them about how proud I am of them for all they have done over the past year.

Aww bless you @Dancer, sounds like you really care about them. That’s so sweet. I’d say don’t be embarrassed, but Ithink I’d feel the same - but just remember it shows how much you really care and wanted them to do well.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Spoon I’m alright, tired!!!! And my eye’s been a bit sore today after my operation so I’ve had some painkillers and I’m relaxing in bed watching the commonwealth games.

Sorry guys, went out for a smoke (bad, bad, I know) so it took a bit to respond there!

How’s all your days been?
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    @Elle hope ur eye gets better soon!
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    Me too, it felt better yesterday so I didn’t take any pain meds (because it felt better lol I didn’t think I needed them) but obviously still need to remember to take them.
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,172 Boards Champion
    Hi.
    I feel numb, heartbroken, alone :disappointed: but its not numb its more heavy and painfull but idk :/ Grief is bad. Im not at school either so struggling a bit without distraction during the day to take my mind off of things and also my form tutor would help but now i dont have that for five more weeks. Guess im happy ive made it through one week tho.
  • Options
    After breaking down into tears, I left the gym and then I was standing around hiding by a drinks machine. After a few minutes, I went upstairs to the cafe but nobody actually saw me so they thought that I had gone missing. It ended up with the staff basically having to search the whole place. Well actually I didn't go to the cafe. I went to the vending machine upstairs first which was near the cafe. A member of staff from the cafe went to find me and she saw me by the vending machine and she was worried about me so she sent me into the cafe with her for a chat. Thankfully the cafe was quiet so she was able to sit with me for about 20 minutes. The other member of staff in the cafe did a phone call to reassure the other staff that I was safe. The cafe staff wouldn't let me leave until they knew that I was okay. I suppose that it shows they really care about me.
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I feel numb, heartbroken, alone :disappointed: but its not numb its more heavy and painfull but idk :/ Grief is bad. Im not at school either so struggling a bit without distraction during the day to take my mind off of things and also my form tutor would help but now i dont have that for five more weeks. Guess im happy ive made it through one week tho.

Hey @Chloe234, sounds so tough, I know I’ve said it before but I’m sorry for your losses over the past few months. I can’t even begin to imagine what that must feel like for you, but it sounds so overwhelming to have had so many.

I never really appreciated that school might be a distraction for some people which is bound to make the holidays hard. Do you find there’s anything you do in the day which helps distract you? We’re always here if you want a chat on the GC thread in the daytime too.
  • Options
    After breaking down into tears, I left the gym and then I was standing around hiding by a drinks machine. After a few minutes, I went upstairs to the cafe but nobody actually saw me so they thought that I had gone missing. It ended up with the staff basically having to search the whole place. Well actually I didn't go to the cafe. I went to the vending machine upstairs first which was near the cafe. A member of staff from the cafe went to find me and she saw me by the vending machine and she was worried about me so she sent me into the cafe with her for a chat. Thankfully the cafe was quiet so she was able to sit with me for about 20 minutes. The other member of staff in the cafe did a phone call to reassure the other staff that I was safe. The cafe staff wouldn't let me leave until they knew that I was okay. I suppose that it shows they really care about me.

@Dancer I’m glad they found you and they were there when you needed a chat. You’ll find that people are generally nice and will show a lot of kindness when they see people struggling, I certainly would even if it was someone I didn’t know very well.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,011 Community Veteran
    @Dancer I also agree with @independent_ I'm glad that they also noticed and made sure that you were okay as that is a very important thing to do. Hope you are okay. Sending hugs, <3

Amy22
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options

@Dancer I’m glad they found you and they were there when you needed a chat. You’ll find that people are generally nice and will show a lot of kindness when they see people struggling, I certainly would even if it was someone I didn’t know very well.

With the person who found me, I get on really well with her so she already understands what I am like. One of my coaches also came up to the cafe to check on me once he found out where I was. I don't get on as well with him but I suppose that he cares too.
  • Options
    @Dancer, I'm glad you got a good support network there :)
  • Options
    @Dancer it does, they want to know you’re safe and as ok as you can be. Are you doing more coaching next year?
  • Options
    Thank you @independent_ ❤️
    Do you find there’s anything you do in the day which helps distract you?

not really as my mental health is just terrible, and i just can never find motovation to do anything :/
  • Options
    @Dancer it does, they want to know you’re safe and as ok as you can be. Are you doing more coaching next year?

As far as I know, I am carrying on with my coaching but it is going to be with a new group.
  • Options
    @Chloe234 I'm sorry to hear that. It can be difficult when you unmotivated. However, it's okay to feel unmotivated as it's a human thing. There are days when we feel motivated or unmotivated and that is totally fine. There is always a new day and there is always a tomorrow. Sending hugs.

Amy22 <3
  • Options
    @Chloe234 nah I get that, I get the same when I’m struggling and I don’t know how to distract myself sometimes. It’s so hard. I’m glad you’ve posted tonight though
  • Options
    Thank you @Amy22 ❤️
  • Options

As far as I know, I am carrying on with my coaching but it is going to be with a new group.

Aww I hope it goes well with the new group @Dancer, I’m sure you’ll do amazing!!
  • Options
    Thank you @independent_ ❤️

this is random but i quite like how the community is kinda coming together and bringing back threads ect tonight :)
  • Options
    Agree @Chloe234, it’s a great little place isn’t it! I wanted to make this one and the GC one can always be bumped anytime <3
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I really like it tonight, eventhough gc or script isn't on tonight, it feels just like gc which makes me very happy. I been finding that gc has been helping me a lot. I'm so glad that I found The Mix <3
  • Options
    @independent_ making this thread was a great idea :)❤️
  • Options
    @Amy22 thays awesome :)❤️
  • Options
    @independent_ im glad you did this as anyone can use this whenever they need to. It's also handy if sc is busy.
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Just dropping in to say that this is a great idea for a thread, particularly when chat isn't on. You don't need to be a mod to do this, there will be a few of us around from time to time that can jump in if any moderation is required, however it is worth being mindful that it likely won't be as instant as compared to chat, and so always know it is okay to take a step away from these threads if you need a break :3

Also thought it was worth just dropping in some 1-2-1 options of support in case anyone landing on this thread needs a bit of extra support to see them through the night
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11

Sending hugs and strength to anyone that needs it tonight, we are all here to support each other <3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Struggling so much :disappointed:
  • Options
    Hi