Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Since there’s NO SC, How’s everyone really doing?

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,156 Boards Champion
    Hi.
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    i have so many things coming up its probably the worst time for me to have no support to do it all ah
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Sorry to hear that @Mel_ ♥︎ sending hugs
  • Options
    thank, havent even taking my meds for over 2 weeks and I cant be bothered with how much I've being failed with everything
  • Options
    @Mel_ could not taking your meds maybe impact how you are feeling? Is there anyway you think you may be able to kinda resolve it? Is there anyone around you you could talk to? You deserve support so its good that you are able to talk here :) i also hear that you feel like you are being failed by everything, would you like to talk about that?
  • Options
    nah, meds have never done anything for me, i literally attempted while taking them surely that's a sign they weren't doing anything.... mental health team are so bad they have failed me and are failing again.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @Mel_
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,958 Community Veteran
    I'm sorry to hear that @Mel_ sending hugs. I'm always here if you want to talk <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    @Ed_ it appears everyone is in this thread :)

Sending hugs to everyone who needs it
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Ha, yes @Millie2787 I was debating whether to merge it all together which I think you are right, best to stick to this one. Now to test my mod skill knowledge :/
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Hey everyone, just to say I am here to mod some support chats on the boards for the next hour or so. As always, please do check out the guidelines before posting and remember that it may be a bit slower than you'd expect in chat.

If you need a break or a bit of light hearted relief, we will be using the general chat thread too.

So, does anyone have any ideas for an opening round?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    i have 4 days and i may know/have a date when I know what the outcome for the case is, I'm literally so stressed about it all
  • Options
    Ahhh testing that good old memory @Ed_ 🤣 could always close the other one if you can’t remember hahaha 💜

Super proud of the womens football team winning the euros for the first time in history for England ! We seem to be doing okay with the commonwealth too
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Mel_ wrote: »
    i have 4 days and i may know/have a date when I know what the outcome for the case is, I'm literally so stressed about it all

Hey :) That seems close , have you got some people around you who you can chat to about it ? We’re always here too 💜
  • Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »

Hey :) That seems close , have you got some people around you who you can chat to about it ? We’re always here too 💜

idk, not really. i miss my old care coordinator, I'm constantly working next week including overtime to try not think about it as much leading up to Thursday. obv it won't be that easy though, just want it over with though
  • Options
    Sending hugs @mel_ can't imagine what that must be like having this big wait for something that you can't know what the outcome will be. Are there any things that you find help you to take your mind off it at all? Perhaps we can come up with a plan for the next few days to help have some things that you can control and distract yourself?

• Options
    edited July 2022
    idk, not really. i miss my old care coordinator, I'm constantly working next week including overtime to try not think about it as much leading up to Thursday. obv it won't be that easy though, just want it over with though

Do you find working helps to keep you atleast a little bit distracted?
  • Options
    @Ed_ not really, working is what I'm doing to try to be distracted, but I know ill be overworked and then still spiral so I know I won't win either way and if it goes the direction I pray it doesn't then I'm not sure what ill be like.

• Options
    Just want you to know mel that I’m so proud of you each day . I know how heavy a court case can weigh on an individual and I’m always here to support you as and when you need it 💜
  • Options
    Just want you to know mel that I’m so proud of you each day . I know how heavy a court case can weigh on an individual and I’m always here to support you as and when you need it 💜

thanks, its coming up to 8 months since I've reported it and even this much has been difficult, I guess this shows why the result is difficult...even though even if it does go the court route it doesn't mean he'll go to prison...so I guess this will be a long battle either way
  • Options
    Sorry im a bit quiet on this thread tonight, struggling alot but dont wanna accept it
  • Options
    And I know how difficult those last 8 months have been for you 💜 you should be proud of you too … small steps lead to much bigger ones in the future
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Sorry im a bit quiet on this thread tonight, struggling alot but dont wanna accept it

We’re here for you if you decide you want to chat 💜
  • Options
    And I know how difficult those last 8 months have been for you 💜 you should be proud of you too … small steps lead to much bigger ones in the future

just feels like my recovery with it all is being delayed, I don't feel like I can truly recover until its over, but I also feel like if the case gets dropped in the next week or so and nothing happens it was all for nothing, and he's got away with it. it just too much honestly for me to handle honestly
  • Options
    @Ed_ not really, working is what I'm doing to try to be distracted, but I know ill be overworked and then still spiral so I know I won't win either way and if it goes the direction I pray it doesn't then I'm not sure what ill be like.

I definitely hear you on this, very difficult when waiting for something that both outcomes come with their own negative emotions. I wonder if it is worth thinking a bit about work and what about it in particular helps you to feel distracted? Possible we could come up with a few things that replicate that without the over-working spiral?

• Options
    Thanks @Millie2787 ❤️ its hard because i really do but i struggle to allow myself and i use support circle each tuesday which i use as my "support day" but it wasnt on last week as there wasnt enough people and i was the only one who signed up and the groups have been shut so much the past couple days im scared its going to be shut again and ill have to go through another week battling alone when im really struggling in general but my nans funeral on friday has made it worse
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »

No need to apologise for this Chloe, it can be definitely hard to accept that we are struggling, which is often the time that we need the support the most, but we can't quite let ourselves ask for it, so you are doing well by being on the boards tonight. We will be here to listen and support you if you feel ready to explore how you are feeling, or alternatively we have the general chit chat thread for some distraction. Either way, sending hugs <3

• Options

just feels like my recovery with it all is being delayed, I don't feel like I can truly recover until its over, but I also feel like if the case gets dropped in the next week or so and nothing happens it was all for nothing, and he's got away with it. it just too much honestly for me to handle honestly

I know the feeling . Hopefully with how long they’ve taken with collecting evidence etc that they won’t drop the case 💜
  • Options
    Ed_ wrote: »

I definitely hear you on this, very difficult when waiting for something that both outcomes come with their own negative emotions. I wonder if it is worth thinking a bit about work and what about it in particular helps you to feel distracted? Possible we could come up with a few things that replicate that without the over-working spiral?

just keeping busy tbh, and I struggle with that when I'm at home honestly, I don't cope with being at home by myself for long periods of time, I get worse the second I'm left with my own thoughts. i don't really know how to balance everything honestly
  • Options
    Thank you @Ed_ :)