Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Since there’s NO SC, How’s everyone really doing?

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    @Chloe234 please don’t feel like you have to limit yourself to one day of support . We’re all here on the boards and during chat for when you need it . I know it’s frustrating when chats are closed , but everyone on the boards are here for when it’s closed 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Mel_ wrote: »
    And I know how difficult those last 8 months have been for you 💜 you should be proud of you too … small steps lead to much bigger ones in the future

just feels like my recovery with it all is being delayed, I don't feel like I can truly recover until its over, but I also feel like if the case gets dropped in the next week or so and nothing happens it was all for nothing, and he's got away with it. it just too much honestly for me to handle honestly

I know the feeling . Hopefully with how long they’ve taken with collecting evidence etc that they won’t drop the case 💜

I'm really hoping that also, but I don't know how to prepare myself for if they do though
  • Options
    @mel that’s a bridge we can cross together if it is the outcome 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,172 Boards Champion
    Thank you @Millie2787 :) its hard tho bc i allow myself (this may be silly) but i allow myself in support circle to get support because i feel like in doing so im burdening less people, i always see it as i have to be the strong one. The supportibe one but im not that at the moment so im just beating myself up about it
  • Options
    @Chloe234 i used to be like that and in the end it just wore me down and I was in a constant state of being burnt out . Even just having the space to say “I’m having a shit day “ but not feel like you want to explore the thoughts and reasons behind that can really help
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    @mel that’s a bridge we can cross together if it is the outcome 💜

This is definitely a good mindset, we will all be here for you whatever the outcome on Thursday. It takes immense courage and strength to have reported it in the first place, so remember that you always have that strength inside you, even at the times when we feel at our weakest. Do you have any support from a victim support worker or anything like that? It may be that they have some techniques that can help with the build up.

On the keeping busy front, do you have people you trust that you can ask to be around with you at times when you know you are going to be by yourself? If not, do you have anything practical like a lego model or a puzzle? If so, perhaps every time you have a thought you don't want, you set yourself the task to do a certain number of steps in the model or complete a number of puzzle pieces. That way, you are focusing your mind on something completely random that requires you to concentrate on only that.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    @Ed_ what’s your favourite thing to do when your feeling overwhelmed with a situation ?
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    thanks @Ed_ not sure if the outcome will be Thursday but the officer said it'll take 2 weeks max for the chief officer to review it... which will be Thursday & then organise to meet me to tell me as its probably not a great idea to do it over the phone with something like that

I have a support worker but shes so bad so I don't even contact anymore, last time I heard from her she was annoyed at me and was rude on the phone so I don't even bother anymore.

i don't have anyone near me in this area. and idk I guess, it just depends I'm going to end up spiralling if it goes that way anyway and no distractions will stop me
  • Options
    @Ed_ what’s your favourite thing to do when your feeling overwhelmed with a situation ?

That's a good question, it probably depends on the situation tbh, but recently it has randomly been doing washing up and listening to a podcast (ideally with headphones on as this helps remove me from the space a little bit).

Other thing that can be helpful is writing it all down, ideally on paper. Depending on the feeling, I can then rip it up or scribble over it to get some energy out.

Does anyone else have any go to techniques?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Thank you @Millie2787 :)💜
  • Options
    At the moment I’m really enjoying Reading . I used to read loads when I was in high school , then not really haven’t a decent library in college I kinda got out of it .

But most recently I’ve got back into it and have read This is going to hurt ( and watched the bbc Tv series) , read a story about a palliative care nurse working just before and during covid and now I’m reading one about a paramedic . I think I’ve got a midwife one on my bookshelf too . All true stories from various healthcare professions.

I just love how lost I can get in a book
  • Options
    Mel_ wrote: »
    thanks @Ed_ not sure if the outcome will be Thursday but the officer said it'll take 2 weeks max for the chief officer to review it... which will be Thursday & then organise to meet me to tell me as its probably not a great idea to do it over the phone with something like that

I have a support worker but shes so bad so I don't even contact anymore, last time I heard from her she was annoyed at me and was rude on the phone so I don't even bother anymore.

i don't have anyone near me in this area. and idk I guess, it just depends I'm going to end up spiralling if it goes that way anyway and no distractions will stop me

So if you don't get good news that you want, I wonder if there are three things that you can plan that you will do before spiralling. Sometimes having that plan in advance (and written down) can almost train your brain to not allow the spiral to happen before you do those three things. It could then be that one or all of those things helps prevent the spiral happening. An example could be that you will call a friend or a helpline.

• Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Thank you @Millie2787 :) its hard tho bc i allow myself (this may be silly) but i allow myself in support circle to get support because i feel like in doing so im burdening less people, i always see it as i have to be the strong one. The supportibe one but im not that at the moment so im just beating myself up about it

So I would definitely echo what Millie has said, there is never any pressure to share details about what you are struggling about in support chat, sometimes just the fact that others know you are having a rough time can be enough to feel less alone with it. Remember that we can't be strong 100% of the time, otherwise we wouldn't have a word that describes what being strong is, or about a thousand different words to describe what the opposite of strong feels like.

• Options
    Thank you @Ed_ :)
  • Options
    Right I’m off to bed … it’s been a long day of nee duvet searching 🤣🤣

Night night and much love @Mel_ 💜
  • Options
    Take care @Millie2787
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I am going to be logging off soon, so just wanted to drop in with a few extra support options as appreciate there are a lot of people holding a lot right now. Do reach out to any of these if you are finding things tough right now:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11

As a wind down from chat tonight, here are a few distraction options to give a go. Do add your own distraction idea as a closing round for tonight :3

Try a yoga breathing session
    Watch a live kittens stream
    Try these Brainteaser
    Have a go at a quiz

• Options
    Thanks @Ed_ :)
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,631 Legendary Poster
    Omg I didn’t realise chat was cancelled again or I’d have been online too helping out here! So nice to see the thread is helping, please please feel free to keep using it as much as you need to <3

Thank you so much @Ed_ and @Millie2787 and everyone for supporting each other here

Sending hugs to everyone needing support @Mel_ @Chloe234 @Dancer and anyone else I’ve missed (not ignoring I just can’t remember who’s posted lol).

I’m so glad this is helping out I wasn’t sure if it would
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thank you @independent_ ❤️
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    I start my summer volunteer job tomorrow. Aghhhh.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    hi @Dancer :) how you feeling about it?
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    Not great as you could probably tell.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    sorry to hear that @Dancer would you like to talk about it?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey, I don't tend to use the SC but it's nice to have this discussion all the same.

Hope everyone is well.
  • Options
    @Dancer oh no, are you feeling nervous about it?

@Chloe234 loving the support! How are you today?

@Supernova nice to see you around, feels like aaaaages!! No worries, feel free to use this thread if you feel it’s easier, I just wanted to make it as we have the rant and hug thread, but I wanted to make somewhere where people could post and be more likely to get a response. How are you?

Tiring day for me, mum made me go for a walk, to be honest I wasn’t feeling that great this morning for some reason just been a tough week with the operation and things. But my walk and a long nap helped a bit I think.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_ :) im really not good but had a day out woh a friend so feel guilty for feeling bad
  • Options
    It’s ok to feel bad @Chloe234, sometimes things outside just can’t make it better no matter how much we try, I’ve been there too, and in fact when I’m feeling really low like that I find that not much works. It’s ok. I’m glad you’re talking about it though, you’re doing really well. Sending hugs <3
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_ 💜 i wasnt going to go out if im honest and it was very last minute but my friend wasnt good and just wanted someone to hang out with and i ended up just getting on a bus for an hour to go hang out even tho im really bad mentally :disappointed: i was tryna hide it cuz i wanted to be useful for once. Now im in the car on the way back and i have an eating disorder which is really loud as ive just eaten a load of junk today :disappointed: so now i feel awful abt myself and i just hate how im feeling :disappointed: i really hope sc and gc is on tonight
  • Options
    @Chloe234 oh that really sucks, I’m sorry to hear your thoughts are so loud. Any plans for when you get home?

Trust me (and I wouldn’t say this is it wasn’t true) you’ve been very useful on this thread over the past few days. I’m sure you were to your friend too, but if nothing else, please try to take that as a small positive (I know that’s hard).

Feel free to chat in SC too, I’ll probably drop in there at some point as well so I’ll keep an eye out for you.