Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Since there’s NO SC, How’s everyone really doing?

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,160 Boards Champion
    Thank you @independent_ :)
    Any plans for when you get home?
    nah not really will probably just change into pj's and then chill until groups (if there on)
    Trust me (and I wouldn’t say this is it wasn’t true) you’ve been very useful on this thread over the past few days. I’m sure you were to your friend too, but if nothing else, please try to take that as a small positive (I know that’s hard).

Feel free to chat in SC too, I’ll probably drop in there at some point as well so I’ll keep an eye out for you.
    thankyou :) if groups are on i will probably be switching between them :) i just hope that i can be useful on there. Altho i probably wont be as i do feel rubbish
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,988 Community Veteran
    Literally feel unoriginal like sometimes, just feel the need to be different from everyone else like, to the point where I can't have things in common sometimes. I worry too much about the little things tbh.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Hugs @Amy22 ♥︎ wanna talk more abt it?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    @independent_ yeah that makes sense, part of the reason I haven't been posting is because those threads are quiet lately, so this is a nice thread to have. I've been a bit down, not a lot going on and haven't really been engaged in anything. Dunno how to explain it really, just going a bit stir crazy. Glad your walk and nap helped you feel a bit better, how are things today?
  • Options
    @Chloe234 Aw thank you so much Chloe.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Hear you on that @Amy22. I overthink too and worry a lot (think a lot of us do) so you’re definitely not alone there! Think it’s normal to want to be unique, but it’s also ok to have things in common and shared interest - after all it gives you conversation <3

@Supernova it sucks that you’ve been feeling down. No explaining needed, but sending lots of hugs and we’re all here if you ever want to talk more.

I’m alright I think, usual life worries but getting through.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Im not ok and i hate it :disappointed: but i need to get over my problems and learn to deal with them argh i dont know
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Chloe234 ah bless you it sounds like another shit day. I’m coming to circle if you’re still going there so hopefully it’s on and you get more time to chat through everything. Has anything happened today to make you feel so bad or just another bad day with everything?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Thank you @independent_ 💜 everyday is a shit day if im honest :disappointed:
    I’m coming to circle if you’re still going there so hopefully it’s on and you get more time to chat through everything.
    thatll be good, yeah im still going onto circle. im so glad its not been cancelled
    Has anything happened today to make you feel so bad or just another bad day with everything?
    nah nothings really happened but i still feel really bad physically and mentally im just the same as everyday which is rubbish. But then again ive spent all day in bed so now i feel so lazy and pathetic for not getting up and getting on with things to help out my dad while he is at work. Eating disorder voice is also loud so im yet to tackle dinner :/ idk at this point i just feel run down and i just dont get why living is so painful :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @independent_ Thank you so much, that really helped me a lot. I tend to otherthink too much tbh more than I need to.
  • Options
    As usual im not ok :/ and struggling. I just wish someone could see how much im struggling.
  • Options
    @Chloe234 I'm sorry to hear that Chloe. I'm always here if you want to chat about anything. <3 Don't be afraid of reaching out to others <3
  • Options
    Hugs @Chloe234 <3
  • Options
    Thanks @Amy22 :heart: its just hard bc ive started creating scenarios in my head and even tho they probably wont happen its started making me worse but i just cant let go of the idea of them :disappointed: idk i feel silly
  • Options
    @Chloe234 I understand how difficult it must be for you at the moment. I think its okay to overthink things sometimes, I tend to do the same too with scenarios. However the things we think that might happen to us don't always happen in real life. I don't think it's silly to create scenarios, as I think everyone goes through a form of it expecially when they are feeling anxious.
  • Options
    It's not silly at all @Chloe234 I do the same constantly it's like there's a scenario in my head and my head makes it worse. Here if you wanna talk more about the specifics of what's in your head? No pressure though.
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_ :heart::)

Thanks @Amy22 and @independent_ :heart: its just hard because its over the smallest things for example my dad was 10 mins later coming back from work than he usually is and i was making up scenarios that he wasnt going to come back and it was awful :( but its hard bc ive started making so many scenarios like this and sometimes i even make a scenario for myself if i was to do something. Like if im honest one of the main reasons im so scared to get support is that i make up scenarios alot around it which can mix in things from the past or just create completely new and rediculous scenarios :(

I dont know its hard because i feel like im bottling up my emotions and worries ect and they are all trying to find a way of showing and there making up such horrible scenarios. And there constantly in my head :disappointed: ive started to struggle sleeping because of it and i hate it and i feel like i should just get over it but i cant
  • Options
    It's not about getting over it @Chloe234 it's affecting you so much and it's not that easy to just forget it. With what you've been through, I can imagine it's especially tough not to make up scenarios in your head, it's definitely a massive thing with anxiety. It can feel quite intrusive having those thoughts all the time. Hugs <3
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_ :heart:
  • Options
    @Chloe234 I agree with @independent_ as intrusive thoughts can feel scary when you have them. I can understand how hard it must be dealing with these thoughts especially with everything you have been through. Also, having these thoughts can affect sleep too, I've had a similar experience with this. I don't know if this might be helpful, but I know a youtube channel called Headspace and they often do videos for sleep and relaxation. The videos are designed to help with sleep and intrusive thoughts, they even do bedtime stories which are cool. There's also amsr videos that can be relaxing sometimes too. Anxiety can affect sleep and your definitely not alone with this, as there's lots of people who struggle with sleep. Hope ur feeling okay. Sending hugs <3
  • Options
    Thank you @Amy22 :):heart:
  • Options
    im struggling alot more than i thought id be :s i cant get over the argument i had with my friend earlier. Its all my fault for being so pathetic. Yeah i had good news today but i cant get the argument out of my head. Im a horrible person. :/
  • Options
    BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    im struggling alot more than i thought id be :s i cant get over the argument i had with my friend earlier. Its all my fault for being so pathetic. Yeah i had good news today but i cant get the argument out of my head. Im a horrible person. :/

It sounds like you're dealing with a lot at the moment Chloe, and I hear the argument has brought up lots of really challenging feelings for you- notably feelings of being to blame and feeling quite negatively about yourself when you say you're a horrible person. To me it doesn't sound like you're a horrible person as it sounds like this argument is something that's playing over in your mind and causing lots of really difficult feelings for you. I suppose I'm wondering, if you were such a horrible person, do you think you would be feeling this intense amount of guilt after falling out with a friend- someone who I sense is important and close to you?

When you say you're struggling more than you thought you'd be, what's that been like for you?

I'm also wondering if you'd feel comfortable sharing the good news you've received today!?

You're doing so well to talk about this with us Chloe!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you @BenMa
    BenMa wrote: »
    I suppose I'm wondering, if you were such a horrible person, do you think you would be feeling this intense amount of guilt after falling out with a friend- someone who I sense is important and close to you?
    i guess, i dunno tho i feel like i started it by saying the thing that lead to it and i know they are struggling so i shouldnt have been so selfish and thought of them rather than me
    When you say you're struggling more than you thought you'd be, what's that been like for you?
    Well like ive been struggling alot the past couple of weeks and after getting the good news today i thought id struggle less and i dont know i guess that was wrong
    I'm also wondering if you'd feel comfortable sharing the good news you've received today!?
    it isnt much but its alot to me. My older sister currently lives 6 hours away from me and today we were told that they are moving down and they will only be like 35 mins away which is really good bc that means we will get to see our older sister alot more :)

thanks again :)
  • Options
    Hey hope everyone is okay!

Feel like the past few days I've been looking at the mix a lot. Guess my interests have died off a bit lately and I've been thinking more about people I miss and feeling lonely. Kinda annoyed at myself for it as always. :D

Still, there have been a lot more people around here to talk to than usual so thank you. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Supernova You don't have to feel annoyed at yourself for thinking about people you miss. It is totally okay to feel this way especially if they are your friends. I'm always here if you ever want to talk <3
  • Options
    Hi

struggling again today. Annoyed with myself tho as ive had a good weekend and i just feel like im being ungreatful. I need a rest/a break but ive got plans and things to do so cant :disappointed: going swimming tomorrow but honestly dint want to, i hat my body, i hate how i look and i just dont like the idea of it. And then tuesday im hanging out with a friend.

Its hard because i feel like i have to be the one whos there for others and whos always ok but im not. Im the opposite to that and i hate it.

Im sorry :disappointed:
  • Options
    Hey @Chloe234 you don't have to apologize for how you are feeling as it is totally understandable. It can be hard when you have to be there for others, but make sure you are having time for yourself too. It's important to take some time out for yourself now and then, as there is nothing wrong with taking a break. Being there for others when you are struggling yourself can be hard work, and draining. Don't be afraid of stepping back and doing what is best for yourself. Make sure you are looking after yourself as well as others :) sometimes having a rest or break can be good for our mind and body as we feel recharged. <3 Seeing your friend on Tuesday sounds nice.
  • Options
    Hey @Chloe234 it's okay to feel the way you are. It's amazing that you can be there for your friends. But at the same time it's okay for you to be open about your own issues, and to take some time to yourself if you need to. Just take it easy :) I hope you feel better soon and manage to enjoy spending time with your friend.

Thank you @Amy22
  • Options
    Thank you @Amy22 and @Supernova