Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Omg they're amazing singers!! Hoping they'll go somewhere big =)@Skive xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Feeling happy today so listening to more upbeat songs, rather than slower ones today. Today has been 'Options' by NSG. =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @AislingDM

Thanks for sharing your song recommendation! I am glad you felt happy yesterday. I hope you continue to feel happy. What other upbeat songs do you enjoy listening to? :3
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    With the passing of Meatloaf recently I have been mostly listening to Bat Out Of Hell I & II. This one track especially makes me nostalgic and reminds me of the early 90s. All 12 minutes are epic

https://youtu.be/_cnPZSM85j8
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Skive

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Always wonderful to be introduced to new music. How wonderful that it is nostalgic and reminds you of earlier days. Sorry to hear of the passing of Meatloaf <3
  • Options
    So true, @Skive it's been really bittersweet hearing so many of his songs playing throughout my house in the last few weeks. Always good to be reminded of anyone whose music has brought joy and a way to cope for so many! <3 xx
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Skive wrote: »
    Brilliant cover.
    twenty one pilots - can’t help falling in love

https://youtu.be/6ThQkrXHdh4
    Man, I went through a phase where I listened to this non-stop. Such a fab cover.

Been feeling a bit bluesy recently and I've been finding comfort in a couple of songs - Truth by Alex Ebert and Wolves by Phosphorescent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_62hfITLlU0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH3C8FyHsIk
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    With the death of MC Skibadee today I have been mostly listening to old Jungle sets featuring him on the mic, from raves I went to way back in the day.

https://youtu.be/IxfSXZC25Lw
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've been listening to Nana on repeat for the last week by the 1975. It really is so sad and short and just an easy slow one that makes me think, it's like a happy kind of sad I guess <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Better Days by Dermot Kennedy. At performing arts group I have been learning a contemporary dance piece to that song and it is really lovely.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I've been listening to Ice Cold Pool by Wallows and I like it because it's simultaneously upbeat and fun but also has a quiet slow/sad nostalgic feeling to it. I especially love the phrase "It's not a crime if you take what's given. It's just a crime if you're payin' for it'. xxxx
  • Options
    Loving Dreams by The Cranberries, and I am grateful to my parents for explaining the importance of their songs to Irish people :)
  • Options
    Had a huge Glee playlist for my birthday last week and I'm reminiscing with all my fave hits, e.g., Misery by the Warblers <3<3
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Good 4 U by Olivia Rodrigo is giving me vibess recently
  • Options
    Gotten really back into Save your Tears by the Weeknd after watching a tiktok of him and ariana singing it!! Also love Tonight is What it Means to be Young by Fire Inc that my dad showed me, great for the gym tbh xxx
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Today's easy hits playlist on Apple Music
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,034 Wise Owl
    Cate's Brother - Maisie Peters
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Me and my family recently started watching We Bare Bears together at lunchtimes and suffice to say we've all been walking around singing the opening theme song lately. :lol: It's just too darn catchy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaRCo9xb2mE
  • Options
    ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    The album "Super Champion" by Otoboke Beaver
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    She's The One by Robbie Williams
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Been revisiting some classic 70s and 80s rock.
    This is brilliant

Sister - Would You Love A Creature

https://youtu.be/3tydTZvZDq8
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Nazareth - Love Hurts

https://youtu.be/soDZBW-1P04
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars!
  • Options
    Dookie by Green Day!
  • Options
    It's too late to turn back now by Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose, such a great song it makes me really happy xx
  • Options
    Demon Days by Gorillaz
  • Options
    Psyence by hide
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited September 2022
    I miss this thread so I'll be the necromancer and resurrect it. :D

I've been trying to broaden my music tastes a little again, so I've been listening to Trance and Techno mixes on Spotify. Usually when I listen to electronic music, I go for EDM / House / D&B / Dubstep so I decided to try something new. I've been enjoying trance more, super atmospheric and I can just close my eyes and listen to it for ages. Techno is cool but I don't think it's gonna be good for my migraines. :D The drums are like a heartbeat in my brain. Feels difficult to find / pay attention to specific artists in these genres though.

First impressions obviously, a lot of these genres tend to meld together at times. XD
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    edited September 2022
    Cavetown - Poison
    https://youtu.be/mwUUqHpJEYg

I also heard Adele’s He Won’t Go playing in Morrisons the other day, and can’t get it out of my head 😂
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,034 Wise Owl
    Here's a few that have been on repeat recently:

More than you know - Axwell /\ Ingrosso
    The way I loved you (taylor's version) - Taylor Swift
    Viva la vida - Coldplay
    Car's Outside - James Arthur

Sending hugs, Sinead :3