Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    The humming of my computer fan.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    edited September 2022
    I have listening to a lot of Foo Fighters especially the Medicine At Midnight album which is pretty good I gotta say. Also I have been getting into musicals quite lately, and I have had the Jekyll and Hyde Musical soundtrack on repeat this week. I really like how the songs have a story to them and has similarities to the book. I will say though some of the songs are pretty dark though. I been listening to rock lately as its my fav genre. :) I love this thread btw.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I am loving Forsent by 1.Cuz. It's the theme song to this Swedish show Snabba cash. It's really dramatic and and 18 age rating so watch with caution, but it really is brilliant <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Next up in the electronic journey... :D Playing cyberpunk again has gotten me into listening to a bunch of Synthwave / Dark Synthwave. Always find it amusing randomly hopping between all of my favourite, completely unrelated genres.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,050 Wise Owl
    edited September 2022
    A few more of my current listens at the end of the month because why not =) :
    • It is what it is - Jamie Miller
    • Pierre - Ryn Weaver
    • Unholy - Sam Smith
    • Ferrari - James Hype
  • Options
    Hi I have been meaning to post some songs that I have been listening to at the moment.

Here's my playlist at the moment:
    - Nine is God - Wavves
    - The Rocky Horror Soundtrack
  • Options
    I am currently loving up all of Taylor Swift's new songs (obviously lol) and also Here With Me by d4vd, but the sped up version that plays on tiktok, it's just so heart-warming and makes me feel safe!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Got to agree with @AislingDM that my music for the last couple of weeks has heavily consisted of Taylor's new album, especially Mastermind, Paris and Anti-Hero
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    The first Gavin and Stacey Christmas special on the TV :3
  • Options
    So accurate right? @sinead276 !! Do you have Spotify to see your Spotify Wrapped to be able to see how much Taylor has influenced your listening this year? =)
  • Options
    Yes I do @AislingDM and I can safely say that my Spotify Wrapped playlist is at least 1/10 Taylor Swift and she was my second most listened-to artist :lol:
  • Options
    I manger to try out my Spotify wrapped and I'm very pleased with it :)
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Yay for Taylor Swift @sinead276! Glad to hear you managed to try out your Spotify wrapped and are very pleased with it @Amy22. Do you have any particular favourite highlights on your Spotify? :)
  • Options
    Yay for Taylor Swift @sinead276! Glad to hear you managed to try out your Spotify wrapped and are very pleased with it @Amy22. Do you have any particular favourite highlights on your Spotify? :)

I think most of mine are rock genre and modern rock.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Listening to tunes from all the way back when I was 15 years old. This used to be the shit.
    Happy vibes. Loads of love. Wicked and still fresh

I saw an Angel

https://youtu.be/LGG3Jn6T3Z0
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I have been using Spotify a lot more quite recently, found a new song called 'Medicine' by a band called Momma <3 .
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    @Amy22 - The rock genre and modern rock sound great. Do you have any particular favourite songs within these genres? It is always lovely to discover new songs :)

@Skive - Old throwback tunes are also great. Not least when they bring us back memories :)
  • Options
    @Amy22 - The rock genre and modern rock sound great. Do you have any particular favourite songs within these genres? It is always lovely to discover new songs :)

@Skive - Old throwback tunes are also great. Not least when they bring us back memories :)

I tend to listen to Foo Fighters a lot and Feeder which are a very good band. There is a new band I have recently found through social media. They are called For3st Hills and their song 'Drive' is very good. They are a two person band and can be found on Spotify, Youtube Music and they got a youtube account. I would totally reccomend them if anyone is into rock music.
  • Options
    I'm still banging out Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift, it just makes me so energised =)
  • Options
    I've got to agree @AislingDM, anti-hero is such a good song -

i've still got the midnights album on repeat and my favs probably change every day but at the moment Paris and You're On Your Own Kid are up there as my current favourites
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Fav song atm is 100 percent Stuck in the Middle by Tai Verdes followed closed by Made you look by Meghan Trainor

Meghan is a Icon
  • Options
    LOVE You're on Your own Kid @sinead276 , it makes me feel a lot less scared about growing up as a young person tbh!!

I am also loving Where Does the Good Go by Teegan and Sara because it's on Grey's and it reminds me of Cristina and Meredith's friendship <3
  • Options
    TitchTitch Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    Paramore - Big Man Little Dignity. I've always been a huge Paramore fan since I was 12 and Brand New Eyes came out. I'm not a fan of the first few tracks of their new album. But I love Big Man Little Dignity and You First.
  • Options
    I recently started listening to a unknown band called For3st Hills who are currently on Spotify as well as on Instagram. I really love their music as it is very unique. I just decided to put You're on your own kid and it does sound good :)
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    I refuse to let this thread die. Current obsession (Strong by Romy and Fred Again):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFF09jjZwk&amp;pp=ygULc3Ryb25nIHJvbXk%3D
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    what was I made for billie eillish
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @JustV Great haha! I swear I can't remember this thread existing before xD

Current obsession is Gusty Garden Galaxy by Qumu (a remix of a videogame track that I love), this artist's remixes are incredible!

But if you want an actual song then it has to be Cha Cha Cha :p
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    I got to say the artist Filter has been my main obsession lately cause of their songs being so cool. I haven't really been listening to much at the moment.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    May or not be a swiftie rn :p
    Did anyone get tickeetss just out of curiosity lol