Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your favourite lyrics/quotes/ anything meaningful (Possible TW)

Comments

• spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    "The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant"- 11th Doctor
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    office-900x600.jpg
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    c549mah5lyi5.jpg
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,780 Master Poster
    edited June 2022
    zzrvcazsjf5v.jpg It's meaningful to me because of an inside joke that I have with one of my friends.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    zx3l14suj84z.jpg
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    "You argue and you bicker and you fight
    Atheists and Catholics, Jews and Hindus argue day and night
    Over what they think is true
    But no one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you"
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Really sad and good point @LorryTruck , having to cope with mental pain is tough enough, but it really is worsened so much when we don't feel able to express it to those around us. I reckon it's so much more difficult to express pain that is 'invisible' and that goes for physical health problems that people can't see too, I guess! How have you been doing lately? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • roxbyroxby Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    "From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."
    I appreciate you answering that @LorryTruck <3 So sad to hear that things have not been going well for you at all lately :( That must be so gutting that your bf has moved away because as you say, having to navigate an emotionally messy situation alone is exhausting and isolating. What has made him stop all contact, because that's definitely a scary situation, when you can't even express yourself to him?

And to go through that without friends supporting you is just the painful cherry on top of your anguish, because you aren't able to turn to others. What's happened with your friends recently? big hugs, as always xxx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    okcn8i58cmai.png
    Holding onto you by twenty one pilots

Twenty one pilots were one of the first musicians that really changed the way music affected me and have helped me through some tough times 💛
    That must have been beyond heartbreaking, it's no wonder you're having such a hard time, it's beyond understandable to be struggling so much. Especially when it seems like your support network is dwindling so rapidly @LorryTruck :(

When someone who holds such a significant part of our life just ups and leaves it's immensely confusing, especially when it's so abrupt as this was. Wanting to still see him conflicting with what he is suggesting (i.e., breaking off contact) must make this all the worse for you. What kinds of emotions have you been feeling since not speaking anymore, like what has your day to day been like recently? <3

Saying goodbye is always impossible, I reckon, whether that's because of literal geographical distance, or an actual closure of a relationship. Having friends disappear must feel so odd and disconcerting, do you see any pattern in why they might have left recently?

I really hope things can become more peaceful for you, especially after your counsellor having to leave too, did the service give you any information on what support they will continue to provide you once they leave? xxx
    Ah, definitely that makes a lot of sense @LorryTruck , wrestling with maintaining distance and messaging the person you love is certainly devastating because you can't fulfil the one desire that you wish to. I'm glad to hear that things have been a tad easier in this regard though, is there anything in particular that has made it easier to process for you? <3

In terms of your friends, that's such an awful feeling to be present but not totally invited is really odd, because you feel excluded but objectively you're not so it's almost like the mind doesn't allow us to feel sad in the way we deserve. I'm curious are there any friends that you've felt you could connect on a deeper level with?

Ah I totally get you now, it's like because you're going onto the next stage in your life so soon, does it feel worth explaining all of your history to someone you won't be able to see for more than about 9 months :( Aside from school resources is there anyone else you've been linked to for support? xx
    It sounds like you're honestly such a compassion person @LorryTruck , I mean the fact that even in the wake of this heartbreak, you are still bravely thinking of his emotions and happiness. I think that's a really beautiful thing <3

I hear you, for sure. Being so overwhelmed with fear that people will leave or that they cannot know the 'real you' is beyond understandable, because as you know, people disappearing is just draining and isolating. :( But you trying to keep yourself safe from others hurting you is honestly not your fault, especially when you've experienced the sharp pain of people leaving before. Are you interested in forming deeper connections with people at the minute or not so much?

I like to hear that you're thinking about what options are available to you, being in that 'inbetween' stage of support is definitely frustrating! I won't try to pile on and add like a million resources, I just figured I'd ask what kind of support do you find most useful to you? xx
    No no @LorryTruck , I think it definitely makes a lot of sense, sometimes the idea of fearing that people will hurt us is too hard to confront, so it feels much safer to protect ourselves, right? xx I can definitely see how that is very isolating too, though, because in the effort to protect yourself you end up not being able to form the deep relationships that you deserve :(

Oh, I get you, I reckon that's an awesome type of support really because it allows you to have the proper robust help that you need, knowing that the counsellor knows you like the back of their hand means you can trust their judgement a lot more, even in 'smaller' situations/problems. Fingers crossed you will be able to find this when you need after year 11 xx

Yes, that is completely reasonable, knowing that your confidentiality will be broken definitely discourages from people expressing things that they have experienced. Not feeling able to tell someone something traumatic is beyond understandable and I hope that in time you will feel more able to cope and like you can open up because people make you feel valued and appreciated <3
  • NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    nnw8jfrjhzy1.jpg

I love this quote, as I find it's pretty true in terms of life. If it was way too simple, it would be as boring as watching wet paint dry. :sweat_smile: Even though it can be rough, it will be interesting to see how that adventure will go with all its twists and turns. :)