Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your favourite lyrics/quotes/ anything meaningful (Possible TW)

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited February 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @LorryTruck

Thanks for sharing this with us. Is it something you can relate to personally? If so, I just want to say I am sorry you are struggling. We are here for you and we care <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    Hey @LorryTruck

Thanks for sharing that song with us. I always like to be introduced to new music. The song is really meaningful and wonderful to listen to! Is it something you feel you can relate to? :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Another Taylor coming your way with Death by a Thousand Cuts 'Cause I can't pretend it's okay when it's not. It's death by a thousand cuts'.

I love this song because it's based on the movie Someone Great and how a long-term relationship can slowly come apart at the seams over a really long time. So, rather than one big blow, it's relationship death by a thousand tiny cuts. <3 Really insightful I think in terms of how we navigate our relationships.
  • Options
    Oh, we do love Taylor! Thanks for sharing with us @AislingDM. It sounds relatable too which is great. As you said, it makes it insightful too :3
  • Options
  • Options
    That is so heartbreakingly beautiful @LorryTruck , thank you so much for showing us this! Especially about being locked in one's own mind and not being able to get free from anguish, very great way of putting words to 'unexplainable' feelings <3
  • Options
    I am loving 'I'm bereft you see, I think you can tell. Haven't been doing too well.' I think it's a helpful way to describe what a sense of grief can be like, sometimes it's a devastating wave and sometimes it's more bearable. But, ultimately, it's a whole lot of 'not doing too well'. <3
  • Options
  • Options
    Sad is "The plant inside that never seemed to die, you cut it down before the leaves were brown". I think the song is kind of all about growing older and leaving your youth behind. Or maybe I'm way off and just applying my own thoughts to it haha xx
  • Options
  • Options
    this one is so sad and important, thank you for sharing @LorryTruck I reckon it says a lot about even how different things can be emotionally from one night to the next. <3

"And so I thought I'd let you know
    Yeah, these things take forever, I especially am slow
    But I realized that I need you
    And I wondered if I could come home"

I love this one and the idea of home being a person not merely a place.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Really beautiful @LorryTruck <3 and I think that's such an important point, that coping is much more possible when we are supported and that's why I'm so glad you are here on The Mix xx
  • Options
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall”
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    0mi08uuotrki.jpg
  • Options
    Aww, I really love these! Thanks for sharing them with us @Leila and @LorryTruck. They are all really powerful and the penguin made me smile :)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    cfgs11x2ahd3.jpg