Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your favourite lyrics/quotes/ anything meaningful (Possible TW)

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited September 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    No worries @LorryTruck !! I think that's definitely the hardest aspect of reaching out for help, when systematic issues get in the way of gaining the support we need and deserve :( Like, of course people move jobs, but if replacing them with a good member of staff is not prioritised, kids are left feeling abandoned pretty much!

That's why I love that you still come back here to keep us all in the loop and to regularly check in, I really do appreciate it <3 I do hope the new school year is going okay, how has it been thusfar? x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,045 Wise Owl
    Enjoy the butterflies. Enjoy being naive. Enjoy the nerves. - Daniel Ricciardo

I just think its a nice reminder that nerves don't have to be a bad thing and we should embrace them. It's ultimately part of being human
  • Options
    That truly does sound like a day from hell, with the rain being the cherry on top of a terrible cake @LorryTruck :( To be totally honest, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate, pretty big expectations, especially with being a prefect. When the school is expecting more of you, it can be even harder to be entirely (or even partially) honest about the fact that you are not okay. Even if you were not looking for help yet, just being able to get the pressure dialled down could be nice and then you could focus more on things that are a bit easier-going, more chilled out?

Plus, it seems like you're not really getting the fun, relaxation period of lunchtime, because the floating means there is not too much stability in your every-day lunch situation. I know it might sound silly, but getting to decompress and relax like that is so important to feeling even a tiny bit better for the rest of the day.

I know you're moving throughout a few groups at the minute and I was wondering if there are any that stand out in particular?

I'm feeling happy, thank you for asking, you're very kind =) Glad it is the winter because I like feeling cosy <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    Completely @LorryTruck :( that whole faking it for other people's benefit sounds like the most mentally draining thing. Especially when you are waiting for people to deliver on their promises of looking out for you, yet they leave you hanging once again! I get you, sometimes it is easier to simply have those kinds of superficial connections, that do not deepen because then you do not have to fear them leaving you. I think you'd be an amazing person to have as a best friend, and I truly believe that anyone would be lucky to be close with you ! x
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks for sharing this with us @LorryTruck. I can hear how it is draining and scary.

Would you like to tell us more about this? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us :)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    I love this thread! Now that I know it exists I feel like I'm definitely gonna post here often if everyone doesn't mind. I bond with music very well and lyrics tend to speak to me more deeply than any words or quotes can.

You can move a mountain
    You can break rocks,
    You can be a master
    Don't wait for luck,
    Dedicate yourself and you gon' find yourself
    Standing in the hall of fame!

(My favourite song btw)
    Bonus points to anyone who can guess the songs ;)

Also, I have a few Polish songs that I'd like to share the lyrics of but I'm unsure if they would make too much sense even if I translated the words.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you so much @LorryTruck! If I get annoying then feel free to tell me ;)
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    Also the song is by the script :wink:
    That is correct!

(This ones translated from Polish so it may not make too much sense, I tried to keep the main meaning behind the lyrics tho)

We will build our house on the sand, the price is irrelevant,
    We've bought almost everything, But we still have nothing.
    I want to recollect my thoughts, Hear the beat of our hearts,
    See how much happiness, All the small things hide.

Let's be happy about the little things, Because the rules for bliss are written in them!

I don't believe anyone here knows this one haha.
    Also this is making me want a thread where we can guess the songs based on lyrics
  • Options
  • Options
    This is a song that I love so much and it speaks very very deeply to me and if I leave out any lyrics then I will do a disservice to the song, so I will just post a link to it instead. It makes me cry almost every time...

https://youtu.be/6DBA5Wx9T7U
    Okay serious question, what is the optimal amount of lyrics for each post? Is it one or two lines, is it one verse/chorus or maybe as much as I feel the need to share? There are a few songs that I could honestly just write down the entire lyrics of, that's how much they mean to me, but I know that it would take up a lot of space and be kinda unnecessary.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    OHH I know that song @JJLemon18

It was from the 90s? It was remixed by David Guetta (its called "Im good) and that's how I know it. I didn't know this was the original song though.
    Yea, that song is so popular now and as someone who knew the original I honestly hate the remix, it just sounds so wrong for me. I think the original deserves much more attention. (Sorry if you like the remix haha)
    I only know the original because a friend once shown me and we found it so funny and just really good in general.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    (Another one translated from Polish, but now I can't say "I doubt anyone knows this" because I know there are other polish people here haha)

One day I put letters in a bottle,
    Inside them questions that drive sleep away from me.
    In the big waters, in the ocean they sailed away,
    Maybe they arrived somewhere or maybe they sank.
    Maybe someone will reply, maybe give an answer,
    Why the lessons in life are so costly.
    Maybe there's a made bed waiting in heaven,
    Or maybe it'll be better!

(Damn, translating this was kinda hard so that it makes sense, trust me it sounds better in polish lol)

I honestly didn't know how nice it feels writing the words to your favourite songs, it lets me connect more with them, I don't know how to explain it. I might be doing this too often haha
  • Options
  • Options
    (Another Polish one. Its honestly kinda fun translating these haha)

I don't want to go against the wind, when its blowing in the right direction.
    I don't want to run to the stars, let the stars run to me.
    I don't want to grasp a day, when I have weeks in my hand.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 590 Incredible Poster
    @LorryTruck @JJLemon18 I find myself bonding with lyrics too and so this is such a great thread. Love the idea to guess the song from lyrics too! Some lyrics from my favourite song at the moment:

I won't be silent and I won't let go
    I will hold on tighter 'til the afterglow
    And we'll burn so bright 'til the darkness softly clears

• Options
  • Options

Search inside are there anymore tears to cry,
    (don't you wonder why)
    Why you feel so alone all against the world,
    Search back time when you used to sing along,
    (to the music of your soul)
    Song of faith you can change its not too late,

People, stop fighting.
    Angels are, crying.
    We can be, better.
    Love is the answer!

(Found out you can align text to center hah. Also sorry @LorryTruck I feel like I'm slowly taking over this thread :sweat_smile:)
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Did you lose what won't return?
    Did you love but never learn?
    The fire's out but still it burns
    And no one cares, there's no one there...

Did you find it hard to breathe?
    Did you cry so much that you could barely see?
    In the darkness all alone

Did you break but never mend?
    Did it hurt so much you thought it was the end?
    Lose your heart but don't know when

But did you see the flares in the sky?
    Were you blinded by the light?
    Did you feel the smoke in your eyes, did you, did you?
    Did you see the sparks, feel the hope?
    You are not alone, 'cause someone's out there, sending out flares
  • Options
    (Ever since I wrote the last lyrics I can't get the song out of my head, its such a beautiful song... Anyways here's another)

Break down, only alone I will cry out loud,
    You'll never see what's hiding out,
    Hiding out deep down.
    I know, I've heard that to let your feeling show,
    Is the only way to make friendships grow,
    But I'm too afraid now.