Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Your favourite lyrics/quotes/ anything meaningful (Possible TW)

Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :)EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Awesome thread idea :+1:

I like

"Two people find each other and finally know the place they belong.

They're their there.

Maybe we need to rethink our definition of home
    "

- Lauren M., There.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    My mates made this track 18 years ago. Caputres my first experience of raving and doing ecstasy.
    Music Is My First Love
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUZyvNAcBE8
    Weekender Offender 
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Thought I'd add a personal favourite:
    If roses tried to be sunflowers, they would lose their beauty; and if sunflowers tried to be roses, they would lose their strength. - Matshona Dhliwayo

Flowers have different attributes that define them for what they are, and I believe that what's people should appreciate about themselves. Appreciate your attributes, quirks and characteristics that make you, you. <3
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @lovemimoon your formatting is so nice, how do you do that?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
    edited May 2021
    Hi @Apollo

I use this https://www.stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer and I copy and paste the BBCode.

Behold, the magic of BBCode!

The code is long though, I must warn you. :joy::sweat_smile:
    Very snazzy
    Anyway, since we're on the lyrics forum, here's a song lyric I like.

It's not particularly profound but it comes from a song that uses maths terms in the context of a love song, it's really cheesy but that's part of why I like it, and the lyrics are quite intelligently written and funny in a way.

"It's derivative to say
    You're integral to me
    We're off on our own tangents
    Fading constantly
    I'll forget
    Like my college calc
    Oh well
    It was never meant to be
    We were always parallel"

Song is Asymptotic by Louie Zong
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
    nsbwkyn5gpb3.jpg
    Won't you come over and watch the stars with me?

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    "please by patient with me, I am trying my best"

Not sure who this one is by though :( found it on tumblr years ago haha.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    This is one of my faves, not sure if it was actually said by Alan Turing, or whether it was written for the film, but love the messaging behind it <3

2010522-Alan-Turing-Quote-Sometimes-it-is-the-people-no-one-imagines.jpg
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    I am loving this thread! Some lyrics that hold a huge place in my heart comes from my favourite band Twenty One Pilots and their song 'Holding Onto You'. The lyric is "entertain my faith". My interpretation of the lyric is quite personal to me. I see "faith" as a synonym for hope. For example, you're stuck in a situation and you're just wondering why it had to be you and you've given up. You've lost hope and there are no positive outcomes left to come from what you're going through. You're hopeless, but deep inside, there's a small part of you that's desperately looking for something to awaken that hope you once had, or to entertain it so that it doesn't die out. You need something to restore the faith you once had, because you may want to give up and end it all, but there's always that small voice in your head that's like, "What if? What if you just push through it and see where it takes you?" This lyric holds great meaning to me and I actually got it tattooed on my arm!
    body-positivity-quotes-7.jpg
    @LorryTruck Thank you! <3

And thank you for updating this thread regularly!
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
  • lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    pdtksrbytj8s.jpeg
    I fear not the dark
    But what may lurk within
  • lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    x26q4zzariot.jpeg
    I fear not the dark
    But what may lurk within