Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What made you laugh today?

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    My parents at dinner time. Dad had cooked dinner for them both and it was supposed to be chicken kievs and mash. But when they were sat at the table eating mum turned round to him and said “this is nice fish, isn’t it”? Turns out dad had cooked the breaded fish instead of the chicken and not noticed. Idk how he didn’t notice but even when he was eating it he didn’t notice until mum said. We were all in hysterics for the next half an hour :joy:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • charlieboyzcharlieboyz Posts: 178 Helping Hand
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Sat on the bus and there’s a Bunny in a pram 😂😂

Awww, that's actually cute
  • charlieboyzcharlieboyz Posts: 178 Helping Hand
    @independent_ what made me laugh was my cat doing a rollover like a human. It was great specially since at the time I was in tears
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Conversation I had with someone on beat. Really cheered me up
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    One of my friends giving a present to one of their friends. It was wrapped like a condom and then one of my classmates said "Is that a condom?" Fyi, it wasn't a condom although the person who gave the present said "I should have put one in there."
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Adam_SAdam_S Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    My mom said “I’m cooking deez nuts” I am dead from laughing at that🤣🤣🤣
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Oh, it is wonderful to hear you all have things which are making you laugh! Laughter is the best medicine <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    It is
    It is what it is
    Very true @Adam_S :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Didn't happen today but happened last week at school during Dance. I was in the changing room with my classmates and there were some sixth formers in a separate changing room and then they started screaming randomly and just being crazy. One of my classmates (who is absolutely amazing at mimicking people's voices) said "Uh ladies" to the sixth formers (in a joking way) and it actually made them quieten down a bit. When the sixth formers came out of their changing room, we were all struggling not to laugh and my classmate admitted to the sixth formers that it was her who mimicked a teacher by saying "Uh ladies." Thankfully the sixth formers found it funny. The next day, I had Dance again and this time we had to share the changing room with a class of year 8 students and they were being a bit noisy. I whispered to my classmate to do the "Uh ladies" thing again and she said that she only saves it for special occasions.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    edited February 2022
    Today at school (yes I unfortunately had to go to school during half term for a revision session) me and one of the English teachers were joking around about some memes that I had sent to one of my friends. It was about what to do with a baby vs what not to do with a baby. The teacher immediately said "Don't put a baby in a blender." erw3m9gn0lt8.jpeg
    It wasn't today but a few days ago, me and one of my friends were texting eachother about something funny to do with my sister and the cat that has basically moved in with her. My friend decided to send me something of when Simba was being held at the edge of the cliff in The Lion King including the tragic version of Simba being thrown.
    Only people who listen to Magic Radio would understand this @independent_ but yesterday, Tom (one of the presenters) and Will (the producer- not the chat mod) were doing a duet of Tom's "sport sport sport sport sport" song that he does before announcing the sport news. They had even been rehearsing it together which made it even better. https://listen.magic.co.uk/19397137 Listen between 2:28:45 to 2:30:52 on the recording.
    Ha, thanks everyone for continuing to share what has been making you laugh. Always great to hear. Please feel free to keep sharing what is making you laugh :)
    I just tried out a speech to text thing on my phone just to see what it was like. Let's just say, it does not seem to recognize what I am saying at all. I tried to say "the cat sat on the mat" but instead the speech to text thing thought that I said "the cat sucked on lect" I know that I sometimes sound weird but that's just... words can't even explain. Haha.
    The little kids at performing arts group seem to be obsessed with the video of Simba being thrown off a cliff.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    This is too much 😭💀
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNV5YtrL/?k=1
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    The TikTok person called Zoe Bread is funny
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Some really intelligent person put a 20p coin in the 50p sweet machine and it got stuck. Eventually managed to get it out so I could get my sweets (which I actually used a 50p coin for!)
    Alexa suddenly decided to interrupt during a conversation that I had today at work. And what Alexa said was hilarious.
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,276 Wise Owl
    @Dancer I can imagine that haha. What did Alexa say?
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
    edited July 2023
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=0q-aR6XNZDg&amp;feature=share8 Classic bit of Minions. That would probably be @Morgyn007 and @leyla26
    I managed to fit a 6 year old in my bag earlier.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    My boyfriend is thoroughly entertained by the fact that I'm a twin and every so often he comes up with some very amusing statements. Today he asked me which one of us was the main one and who was for spare parts and it made me giggle
    edited August 2023
    I woke up because I heard teddy’s little paws In the bath tub. It’s funny because he hates the bath to the extent that he doesn’t even like going in the bath room. But this is the 3rd time I’ve had to save him and get him out of the bath like so random hahah. Think he’s attention seeking 😅. He’s only little and I can imagine him being scared to even jump in the bath let alone him being already scared of it lol. Must be a glitch in the matrix 😅
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Had a little giggle to myself again today because of the plushies and their little butholes. Man it broke me when I saw the little X at the back hahahaha
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
    I was on mute on a zoom interview today and we all laughed it was very funny!
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    I fell out of a shopping trolley and landed in the road. No roads were harmed in the entertainment experienced. Although the trolley kinda looked broken. Oops.
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    @Dancer screw the trolley, I hope you are okay xD
    Believe in me - who believes is you