We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

What made you laugh today?

independent_independent_ Boards BabyScotlandPosts: 1,126 Fanatical Poster
Today I went into Poundland and right there, at the front of the shop was a jacket for £22... £22! I thought it was called 'pound' land cause everything was £1? It was really funny cause I then went round the shop and found a lot of other things that were more than £1 too. 

It gave me an idea for a positive thread. So, what was the funniest thing that happened to you today? I always love reading other people's funny stories :) 

Comments

• kathleen0172kathleen0172 Posts: 255 Rampant Poster
    Oh this is an awesome thread idea :)

Funny things happen to me like, everyday probably! Today I was out somewhere and waiting for the bus home, and a bus that wasn't mine pulled up. A bunch of school kids walked past to get on it - and one of them just, purposefully, dropped a chocolate bar :confused: - and they got on the bus like they were cool for it. Lol that amused me tbh :joy: 

And haha about your experience today!

• SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit EarthPosts: 36 Cool Newbie
    This is just what we need, I know I need a place for laughs. something always happens to me which is quite embarrassing but funny so I will deffo whip some out  :p :p :p
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent
    independent_
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 891 Incredible Poster
    @independent_ maybe the jacket weighed a pound? :joy:

So we've been giving our older dog medicine recently and one of our other dogs Dyson must get the impression that it's a treat.

He's been limping around today so we gave him some calpol for any pain he's in- he licked a little bit off the plate, pulled the most disgusted face and suddenly can walk fine so that had me in stitches today :joy:
  • independent_independent_ Boards Baby ScotlandPosts: 1,126 Fanatical Poster
    Aidan said:
    @independent_ maybe the jacket weighed a pound? :joy:

So we've been giving our older dog medicine recently and one of our other dogs Dyson must get the impression that it's a treat.

He's been limping around today so we gave him some calpol for any pain he's in- he licked a little bit off the plate, pulled the most disgusted face and suddenly can walk fine so that had me in stitches today :joy:

Aha, I never thought of it like that. Maybe it's pound (as in lb) land. :joy: :joy:
    OMG, that's brilliant!!! Something only a dog would do!! 
    Oh this is an awesome thread idea :)

Funny things happen to me like, everyday probably! Today I was out somewhere and waiting for the bus home, and a bus that wasn't mine pulled up. A bunch of school kids walked past to get on it - and one of them just, purposefully, dropped a chocolate bar :confused: - and they got on the bus like they were cool for it. Lol that amused me tbh :joy: 

And haha about your experience today!
    Haha, I can't believe someone would drop a chocolate bar, I mean, it's chocolate! How dare they disrespect a bar of chocolate ;) aha
    kathleen0172
    This is just what we need, I know I need a place for laughs. something always happens to me which is quite embarrassing but funny so I will deffo whip some out  :p :p :pI feel like we definitely all need to hear funny stories aha! They are great for positivity :)
  • LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 1,119 Fanatical Poster
    I went out for a coffee today before getting a sandwich.
    I tried out my new glasses that make everything look like fish camera lense or like a VR headset. walked in a straight line but started drifting left and bumped into my brother. that was met with "the fuck you doing you absolute plebeian?!" 
    love you too Dan <3 😂

I also then got my coffee and sat down. realised i needed brown sugar, got up and came back with my sugar. realised i needed a spoon to stir the sugar in, got up and got that. 
    and then had to get up and get a fork for my cake.
    i defo got my 6000 steps today 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    independent_
    Laine said:
    I went out for a coffee today before getting a sandwich.
    I tried out my new glasses that make everything look like fish camera lense or like a VR headset. walked in a straight line but started drifting left and bumped into my brother. that was met with "the fuck you doing you absolute plebeian?!" 
    love you too Dan <3 😂

I also then got my coffee and sat down. realised i needed brown sugar, got up and came back with my sugar. realised i needed a spoon to stir the sugar in, got up and got that. 
    and then had to get up and get a fork for my cake.
    i defo got my 6000 steps today 😂

Haha you certainly got your steps in there! ;)
  • Millie2787Millie2787 WorcestershirePosts: 690 Incredible Poster
    Watching This video on Facebook and the first one of litreally me 😂😂

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain,We all have sorrow, But if we are wise, We know that there's always tomorrow.
    independent_
    Few funny things from the last few days:

1. Last night my dad was looking at his Facebook and saw a post (which was obv fake) that said Theresa May had delayed the Brexit vote until 30th February. I told him there was no 30th February and he was having none of it, he believed it 100% and it was well funny, took me ages to convince him before it finally clicked. 

2. I was in music today and we were doing a brainstorming activity where we had to come up with the names of composers from the romantic era. Someone had written the name ‘Fanny Medalson” on the sheet, but her handwriting made it look like ‘Fanny Meditation”...me and my mate were in absolute fits for about 10 minutes.