Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self harm

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah at about 1
    Need some antibiotics first then can go. My
    Sister should be picking me up yay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Shaunie,

How are things with you currently? It sounds like you have unfortunately had a tough time recently. However, I hope things are starting to look up for you. If they aren't yet, hopefully, they will very soon! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thank you ! At home now !!! Teddy went mad over me lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Self harm thoughts so loud
    edited September 2023
    have to go Friday back to Essex hospital for a check on my arm and dressing change. Hospital is a nightmare to travel to. Like have to go on trains to London and stuff. Coming up with loads of swaps. and I’m scared to go My sister was like “if you pay for my travel I’ll come with you” not I’ll come with you to support you. If that was me I wouldn’t dare think about it I’d jusy go to support she literally has 0 plans for that day. Let alone ask for money for the travel. She’s my twin sister. Like ah where’s the support or am I asking for too much. I ain’t paying for her travel. She has like 13k. Then there’s me with barely nothing
    Post edited by JustV on
    😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Why does no one care 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 not on here the mental health services
    Help me
    😭😭😭😭😭
    How can someone self harm so badly they need surgery and not even get spoken to by the mental health team. They didn’t wanna speak to me because I have an ENT appointment in December 😂😂😂😂that appointment has been canceled 5 times and what’s ent got to do with self harming
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Shaunie I don’t think I can say anything that will make it better but did want to just say we really really care about you here and hope things feel better soon. Are you home and safe now?

I’m really disappointed to hear that no one from mental health services has contacted you, that is just really rubbish. Did you speak to them in the end if they said they were waiting for your ENT? I hope they might have been more helpful since if so?!

Sending love
    Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Thank you @Lucy307

I’m going back there tomorrow and I’m stressing out because it’sa 3 hour journey just to get my self harm checked out.

But I’m going to tell them I’ve had no support since and that I’m having bad urges to do it again and i don’t know what to do. Because Essex hospital seemed a lot more nicer
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    shaunie have you registered with a new GP yet? You can register online. The sooner you do it the sooner you might get some support in your local area x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Thank you jelly <3 I am going to ask for the paper registration form of the first one you sent me, before work tomorrow. Cause tried to do it online and was online. But then i don’t know if allowed to turn up if dont have appointment might ring them

I have made it to Essex for my hospital appointment! Took 3 hours and I’m 20 mins early. Wasn’t too stressful tbf until someone told me that the coach doesn’t go to hospital when it does ah. Hopefully my arm is all fine. No reason shouldn’t be
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I hope the appointment goes well and it’s defo worth giving the new surgery a call, they’ll be able to tell you how to register if they’re taking on new patients. <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited October 2021
    Thank you. They said it’s looking good. Made me feel a bit sick. Have to go back next week Thursday ah gunna cost another £50 And they said the mental health person will chase up some people.
    It wasn’t hurting before I came. Now it does ah. Maybe jusy temptorary irritating
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    glad youre ok x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Urges are soo bad 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Personality disorder service rang me today saying oh we have it down that you was in hospital for surgery on your self harm, what support do you want. I said I jusy want any support to be under a service cause I feel like I’m gunna do it worse. He told me to ring 111 if need and that would can call for the MBT but it’s a long wait and it a online. I said I don’t concentrate online is there any support I can have that’s sooner and not online. He said no. So I’m jusy by myself
    The self harm I did, was self harm that couldn’t kill you but really serious as could easily get sepsis and thankfully I don’t need physio which said I would need after surgery.
    But my thoughts are going to the same self harm method but in a way that would kill me
    I’m struggling so bad. It hurts soo bad. Rather be in physical pain
    Hey Shaunie, I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling today. It’s so hard to get support that you need and it sucks that they haven’t been able to give you anything. Did they give you any idea how long you’d be waiting for the therapy at all? Keep talking here <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Thanks I’m not even on the list because I don’t want online therapy so I’m by myself

Want to die
    Emailed my gp saying I need help I’m going to self harm again. I did that three times since I was discharged from hospital but they didn’t care. Sent it again but was like I am so close to self harming again how can someone do this and get offered no support and sent picture. Finally offered me an appointment at the least. Waiting in reception
  • Franc_23Franc_23 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi Shaunie, just read up on this discussion - how did the appointment go?
    Was is the usual in-and-out GP style or did they take the time to refer you to in-person support services

Francesco
    She did refeer me to cmht but considering I had a phone call from personality disorder service saying no help for me than it won’t go far
    Crying so much. Omg I don’t wanna live much longer 💔
    I’m on the way back to the hospital to get it checked out. I was going to go to work afterwards at 3 but I think im going to call in sick.
    I hope the appointment goes ok and if you can definitely speak to the person at the hospital and tell them you’re still struggling. The more people who can support you the better <3
    Thank you <3 I’m hoping it’s last appointment as don’t wanna pay for travel again