Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self harm

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
edited October 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
I don’t wanna spam the hug and rant thread. But basically on way to a hospital for appointment in London. Is at 10am. And I am scared that will need surgery or what will they do. I don’t think it’s bad to need surgery but yesterday they said wouldn’t be surprised if need it.
And how will I get home ahhh. Will be in London by myself and don’t know London well. I am getting here by an ambulance service said can ring it for the way back but I feel bad. I rang it because she was a bit late and it was saying how busy the service is.
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited October 2021
    The city mapper app is a really good app to use to help find your way around , you can use current location and where you want to get e.g Victoria coach station and it shows you which tube station to go to and which tubes your need for get on and where to get off or the number bus and what stop to get off etc and also has like the walking directions to get to the tube station/bus stop/destination

Coaches tend to run pretty late aswell so have look on mega bus/National express if that’s the case and the train aswell
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I hope the appointment goes ok <3 the app Millie suggested sounds really good for helping you to find your way. It’s ok to ring the service that drove you there too, that’s what they’re there for.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thank you @Millie2787 & @independent_ the ambulance service is waiting for me. An hour appointment. But I am going to need surgery in a few days. Also have infection on it 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Oh no. They’re discussing having the surgery today since I haven’t eaten ahhhh scared.
  • Options
    I guess it’s better to get it done and out the way , that way you’ve got less time to worry about it and will give the infection a good chance of healing

Sending you many doggo hugs
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Thank you <3 they need to hurry up about make decisions because transport service is waiting
  • Options
    Maybe just mention to them that you have transport waiting so if they was definitely going to do it today could they let you know ASAP so you can rearrange for your lift home
  • Options
    Ah yeah I’ve rang transport people and told them.

I am definitely being admitted just waiting for the bed but can’t have it done today. But I’m staying because I need IV antibiotics and having the surgery tomorrow 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Good luck I'm sure the surgery will help a lot @Shaunie
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Iv antibioitcs will help so much more quicker than having to take it orally 💙
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Thank yous <3 im in a treatment room cause no beds left but atleast I get the whole room lol

I’m getting scared I’m gunna lose my arm or something. Look how swollen my hand is compared to the other one

[removed]
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hope your surgery goes okay tomorrow @Shaunie. Keep us updated with how it goes <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Thank you @Aife <3
    I’m watching new series of You to distract myself.
    I’m scared the sedation dont work I’ve had it before and I was still awake but couldn’t feel. I hope they give more than Anethestic. Cause I don’t want to see or feel myself being cut up and the peace’s of paper they gave me says you can something feel it ahhhh 🤢

& my arm feels weird. I feel like I’m going to lose feeling soon ahh

I’m in so much pain
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    thank you lorry truck <3

I’m scared my arm or hand is going to fall off Why does it look like a balloon
    lzu9kmadmd8y.jpeg
  • Options
    They still haven’t given me pain relief I’ve been asking for ages 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    Ovr asked again still nothing. Someone sedate me ahhhh
  • Options
    FUCKING HELLL WHY NO ONE GIVING ME PAIN RELIEF
  • Options
    I swear I’m going to fucking kick off soon
  • Options
    Who is shaunie/shevaun anyways

3l7yti8njp5q.jpeg
  • Options
    Going into threater in half an hour 😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰. Soo scared ahhh
  • Options
    Hope it went well <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Thank you!
    Had the surgery about an hour ago just still waking myself up. All went well. Didn’t feel a thing as was completly knocked out for it 😀

Have to stay another night for antibiotics though
  • Options
    Keep telling me to drink water as really low blood pressure but drank so much water making me feel sick
  • Options
    Haven’t been able to feel my thumb or my thighs since surgery they said was because they injected me that numbs the nerve on the right side of my body as where injury was and where donor site it but I still can’t feel it and I’m scared aH
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Managed to clean my body. And put my make up on today! Didn’t yesterday. Feel refreashed. Should be going home Today. Just waiting on new dressing and for the doctor. Still not sure how getting home but can’t wait to cuddle teddy 🤗 🐶
  • Options
    I have to stay another night 😭😭😭😭😭😭 I wanna see teddy
  • Options
    Very sore :’(.
    Wanna go home feel agitated
  • Options
    Do you think you’ll be able to go home today?