Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Private surgery

SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
Guys I can’t take this anymore. I can’t wait for my appointment in September. I’ve decided I’m going private now.

I’m going to ring them today and make an consultation. Wish my luck
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    Have intital consultation for next Wednesday
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Oh god please someone help me. I can’t take rhis. I swear if it doesn’t fix
  • Options
    On my break at work crying lol. Everything is pointless
  • Options
    Couldn’t stop myself from. Crying at work. Asked to go on my lunch early. He could tell I was upset so asked for a chat. I just ended up saying I wanna die. He said he’s gunna put me in the training room as he said he doesn’t want me sitting in the canteen crying but not leaving the building either. so went training but someone came in so I left.
  • Options
    Work have rang my family omg this is embarrassing
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Can not believe I just had some mental health crisis at work omg how embarrassing
    I’m at home now. Was meant to stay til 10
  • Options
    kaishapb_15kaishapb_15 Posts: 15 Settling in
    Hey @Shaunie it is not embarrassing at all, it's okay to be vulnerable and it seems like your boss was understanding!
    Also congratulations for getting an appointment on Wednesday, making that first appointment is usually the most scary part so well done for doing it and good luck!
    How are you feeling now?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    squ79bsklpaj.jpeg

It’s £200 but I don’t know how I am going to get there yet but will probably cost another £50
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    I’m getting really scared for this appointment
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Appointments, whether big or small, can be really daunting @Shaunie . I understand you might be feeling a little nervous now about your upcoming appointment. Anything particular that is making you concerned?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
    We'll all be thinking of you on Wednesday @Shaunie. Keep us updated with how you're feeling and also how the appointment goes <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Thank you @Jordan and @Aife

Just about to book my train tickets which I don’t even know if I’ve done right. Never been on a train by myself so that’s scary In it’s self

I’m worried they will say no. Then there will be no hope. If they don’t the NHS won’t. But I think that’s unlikely

What I’m hoping for is they agree it’s best to get them removed. And that they talk about how I can pay for it monthly and how soon I can get it done. I just hope it will be before September for when my ent appointment is, so I can cancel that. As the nhs have jusy been upsetting me over this.

I’m worried I’m going to spend thousands on this for it to not work and to feel the same after the recovery time. Then I will be extremely suicidal knowing I have to pay for it and I still feel the same. Then i don’t know what the cause would be and I can’t live my life then. So I’m fearing that aswell

I also don’t know what I’m supposed to tell my family. It just can’t be the truth.
  • Options
    I’m really scared. I just wanna know what will happen in the appointment 😭😭 I just wanna know if they say yes and how soon I can get it.

Has anyone had private surgery? How long did you wait? I need it ASAP. I should of done this ages ago
  • Options
    Tomorrow morning now. 14 hours away til my appointment. I’m so scared.

Anyone wanna come with me lol
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Good luck for tomorrow 🥰
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Good luck for tomorrow 🥰

Thank you 😊

It’s at 9 :15 Will post @ 10 am with what they say 😬
  • Options
    Can’t sleep. Stressing 😭
  • Options
    On the train now. It was delayed 17 minutes. But it’s still okay
  • Options
    Feels pretty cool to get train by myself
  • Options
    I’m here. Now I have 45 minutes to find it. Says takes 16 min walk
  • Options
    I’m so scared. My heart rate is normally around 55-65. It’s 115 atm. And I need to stop looking at my heart rate cause it stresses me out more lol ahhhhh
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
    Good luck today Shaunie, let us know how it goes :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    I’ve had the appointment now. Most £200 I’ve spent for 30 mins of my life lol.

It wasn’t a yes but it wasn’t a no….

Said I need to make an informed descision. Looked at my tonsils. Said he could see one. Said it’s pretty normal and most people will have it and unlikely to cause any problems and it’s very rare to have surgery over it. Then he asked me if anyone commented I said no and I shouldn’t of because he kept saying how if no one has commented then if it’s worth it. I was like but I’ll pay for it. He was like I’m not after your money. Have to make the right decision.

Going to email me leaflets about tonsillectomy
    And he is going to get in contact with my gp and the other teams I have been with. Ie the mental health team.

He kept saying how it’s my chioce and talking about how expensive it is yet also saying he needs to make a chioce. He kept asking who’s helping me fund like no one lol.

Will have a clearer answer in about a week
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    And thank you @Aife
    I’m now in Cambridge shopping until my train.

I thought I’d try my bus card I use in other place for here as stagecoach still thinking it won’t work but it did lol saves me walking there
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi Shaunie, how are you feeling now after your appointment? I guess it’s a good thing he wanted to be thorough and check it’s definitely what you want to do, do you think?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    AnnieDPAnnieDP Posts: 22 Boards Initiate
    Hey @Shaunie, well done for taking these steps despite them being difficult. Let us know how you're doing whenever you're ready and let us know if we can help at all :)
  • Options
    Thank you

I don’t understand. I’ve payed to go private. He said he will get in contact but he Hasn’t. He hasn’t even sent over the information about tonsillectomy. Like wtf. Isnt private Meant to be fast
  • Options
    Guys I don’t think my tonsils are the problem. I don’t know what is but now I’ve made a private appointment with a dentist as now I want my wisdom teeth out incase that is the problem

When will this stop. I will have no money soon 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    I think I’m going to end up with a diagnosis of OCD at this rate.
  • Options
    PhoebsflowersPhoebsflowers Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Shaunie

I can understand it must be very frustrating to wait to hear anything back from the doctor. I don't know how private appointments work but I do know that waiting times for NHS appointments and results have been delayed in many places at the minute because of the pandemic and a backlog of patients. Still, you should be proud of yourself for taking the step to book a train and get down to your appointment successfully. Do you think that would give you confidence to book things for yourself again if you needed to in the future?

Good luck with your dentist appointment. I hope they manage to help find the cause of the problem.