Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Private surgery

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited August 2021
    No! Don't lie about it....that's not fair on the doctors who are trying to help you.
  • Options
    meilameila Posts: 83 Budding Regular
    @Shaunie if you have to lie to get it, that probably means you shouldn't have it. As professionals they must have grounds to believe the tonsils aren't causing your bad breath
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    I posted it on a private Facebook group of Facebook tonsillectomy and someone replied “ I think they are just trying to be cautious, it is a tough surgery after a certain age. I'm 30 and I had to be hospitalized twice and 3 emergency visits haven't worked in a month”
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    See so it is a far more substantial surgery than you might think! Perhaps it's worth researching more about people's experiences with the operation? Maybe looking for those who had it for "bad breath" and if it helped them?
  • Options
    Yeah I did a poll on the group to ask about the bad breath. Some people said the tonsillectomy caused them to have bad breath that wasn’t even there before. But most said it got rid of bad breath.

Also a lot of people on the group have said about not being able to taste after tonsillectomy. I mean I would pay £3,400 just for that. That will help with my binging
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    You’d think to agree to the surgery they would need to be sure. So like what’s made him more hesitate all of a sudden ugh. Probably won’t cancel it. Maybe just double checking it’s what I want
  • Options
    exactly just be assertive, know your reasoning, and its probably good to show them that you're well researched on potential consequences
  • Options
    This is the reply I got

xgiosxz9shah.jpeg
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Shaunie

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    It seems like my surgery is going to get cancelled 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    That's awful. I am so sorry. Did they say for certain or does it just feel like it from what they have said? If it gets cancelled will you get a refund of the cost of the surgery?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    That's awful. I am so sorry. Did they say for certain or does it just feel like it from what they have said? If it gets cancelled will you get a refund of the cost of the surgery?

@Dancer I haven’t paid anything for the surgery only for the consultation. But I swear there is a price to pay if it gets cancelled. Which I won’t be paying if they’re the ones cancelling it.

He hasn’t specifically said he is cancelling it but I keep asking I need a clear answer on if you’re cancelling.

And this was his reply

“I hope you are feeling better.
    I am very concerned about the comments you made in previous emails and about your mental health.
    Going through an operation like this is tough. It is extremely painful and is mentally and physically very demanding. You will also need the support of an adult in case you have a complication or need to get back to hospital in case of a bleed after the operation.

I am happy to schedule a phone call to discuss this. Do you have a person in the mental health team that you can contact for help?”

I need my tonsils removed. I can’t live my life like this 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Like does it look like I care it is painful. No this life is painful
  • Options
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Stopped taking meds since he started questioning it cause what’s the point. Wasn’t good at taking them regularly anyway. Feeling bit light headed though
  • Options
    Toke my meds today because I’m feeling very sick and light headed 🤢🤢🤢🤢
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    hey @Shaunie how you feel now that they may of linked into your blood stream, they may not take affect straight away <3
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    can i have some help please :(
  • Options
    Hi @Shaunie, I think they are actually being really kind in that email; they just really care about your mental health! <3 like they say, do you have a go-to mental health person contact?
  • Options
    Hiya @Shaunie! Just checking in! How are you doing? :3<3
  • Options
    :’(
  • Options
    Cancelled it 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    Does anyone give a shit
  • Options
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »

The hospital cancelled it or you cancelled it?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »

The hospital cancelled it or you cancelled it?
    The hospital
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The hospital has a duty of care with mental health as well as physical health. Talking to them about suicide over this situation, has probably caused them to put mental health first and will probably talk to you more regarding mental health
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 824 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @Shaunie I’m really sorry to hear that.
    I’m sending lots of hugs and I’m always here if you ever need someone to talk to <3
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    Currently sectioned under 136
  • Options
    RuhRuh Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    U sometimes find the same doctors who do the nhs appointment and surgeries do the private ones. Private will be quicker and as ur paying u are entitled to ring and ask. Don’t be afraid and uv done great so far just keep going 😀
  • Options
    I just want to go toilet but there is a camera