Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

On a Scale of 1-10 How are you Feeling Today?

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I'm probably about a 6. 

Why isn't it higher - I feel like I'm bothering everyone I talk to. It feels like I keep going on about the same shit. I keep worrying about us becoming homeless because I've been told the house being downsized is 100% happening. We've had 3 flats decline us primarily because of our student status and then the pets on top of that. Emma and I have been proper butting heads and it's pissing me off. 

Why isn't it lower - I still have a house to live in rn, I still have support and I'm meeting my lawyer tomorrow (over zoom). We'll see what happens. 

I'll update with what I can do once I get my phone onto charge lol. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @Anch0r33 big hugs we’re always here for you. Always happy to listen, of course you talk about it a lot it’s a big thing and  it’s perfectly of to talk about it whenever you need to, it’s always ok to talk to us about anything that’s on your mind  you’re not bothering anyone we’re always happy to listen  <3
    What I can do - I've just done my nails on this new machine thingy that Dawn got for Christmas. Been sitting in with her which has been nice after the past few days. Things seem to be going well and it's nice to avoid this situation in the moment. It's something j can think about another time. 

We're looking to get more financial security so we can pay the deposit and rent in one go as that's the biggest thing besides actually getting accepted in the first place. 

I'm hoping to watch an episode tonight of my show and get a good sleep 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’m a 5 or so today. 

Why it isn’t higher: I wish it could be higher honestly, I’m just in a strange mental place. Not terrible, but not good either. But that’s how it goes for a while. It’s either sort of in the middle or really not ok haha. 

Why isn’t it lower: I know I say this a lot but it could be worse right now. I made it another 3 weeks SH free. Taking it one day at a time.

What I can do: Tonight I’m going to watch some TV with my parents - it’s hard to find distractions during this time in chat break week but there’s been a good quiz show on ITV called beat the chasers which is such a small thing but I’ve looked forward to watching it in the evening. I have an appointment tomorrow morning really early (8.10, was the only one they had available) so I have to be up really early tomorrow so I think I’m just gonna relax tonight.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hey @independent_  I’m sorry you’re not feeling that great but well done for three weeks that’s amazing  :)
    Keep going we all believe in you and care about you. I know it’s not the same as group chat but I’m always happy to listen if you ever need anything. Take care elle  <3
    I'm thinking I'm a solid 7/8 today. 

Why isn't it lower - I'm feeling pretty good. We got to view our top choice flat today and it was even better than it looked. We've been told they'll accept pets and students which is positive. 

Why isn't it higher - it almost feels like it's too good to be true, like I'm just waiting for it to fall through on us. We should be getting the application form over the next few days but I'm worried they'll view our studenty incomes and choose someone with a stable job over us. We've started packing boxes tonight so the reality is starting to set in - which is exciting and daunting. The family are 100% moving and not giving up this house swap no matter what so we have to move no matter what. 

What I can do - I mean I'm gonna be upset if we don't get this flat but I can't get myself too excited as I have a habit of doing that then going into a proper low when it doesn't work out. This will be the biggest disappointment ever for me (literally) if we don't get it so I can't let myself get carried away with myself. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    @independent_ you're doing so well taking it a day at a time. I'm really proud of you. 

That sounds like a good plan, good luck with your appointment tomorrow! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I'm thinking like a 6 today 

Why isn't it higher - although things have been going well in general, I'm just feeling a bit sad I think today. I'm really cold as well. I feel like our application for the flat won't be as strong as the others. 

Why isn't it lower - I feel like today's been a pretty productive today. I started applying for jobs and have got two interviews already (both next week). I'm feeling fortunate about this, especially as I have no proper work experience except Childline. The flat viewing went well and we got the application form sent off today. 

I also am essentially being sponsored by British judo now as I wasn't able to build up the results they want to see as I was out the country and away from the sport for nearly 4 years. They asked for results from the last 3 years and because of covid and me just starting back in late 2019 meant I only got 3 major results. They're inviting me to the GB session camps and paying the accomodation and food for me. I'm really excited about this. 

What can I do - I'm not even sure. Might go for a bath later, maybe do a facemask. Idk. Just feels right now that nothings gonna get me out of this feeling :/ 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    @Liam that’s awesome to hear that  you talked  to your mum and had a GP appointment, those things can feel incredibly awkward but they’re an  important and helpful step to take . Super proud of you dude. 

We’re always here if you ever need anything, just remember on those low  days we’re always here for you. We can’t fix things but we can promise you never have to face things alone.

Take care Liam, you’re an awesome human being  :) 
    edited January 2021
    Right now about a 3. 

Why isn’t it higher: I just feel really low tonight. Everything is overwhelming and I’m overthinking stuff, and struggling with some bad thoughts. 

Why it isn’t lower: but I’ll be ok, I always have to be ok, I have loads of supportive people aroundme. Not that I talk to many of them haha. 

What I could do: I don’t know. Just listening to some music just now. I might see if there’s anything decent on TV (there won’t be :joy: but I’ll look lol). I need to keep myself distracted. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hey elle talking to people isn’t always easy even when you have loads of people around you. It’s ok. Just know we all care about you soooo much , always here if you ever need anything  <3 we’re always cheering you on in spirit. You’re a beautiful soul. We all believe in you  <3
    Today I'm not sure if I can put a number on it. I feel kinda empty so it's really hard to number. I'm gonna try and adapt this though so that it works for me. 

What's the closest emotion to what you're feeling - I think I'm feeling more sad than anything else. It's kinda fuzzy so hard to really identify it. I haven't really properly felt like this in a while. But I'm gonna say sad. I think I'm a bit depressed. 

Why do you feel like this - I fucked up my hair even more last night, I had a proper break down and ended up just crying for ages. I honestly fuck everything up, it's only a matter of time. It feels like nobody gives two shits about me (even though I know people do) but it feels like life for everyone would be better without me. Yay the suicidal thoughts are back (it's not something I'd ever do). I'm not tired but I keep yawning and could sleep all day. I start uni back tomorrow and it's just really something I love but don't need in my life rn. I've been having lots of uncontrollable thoughts and memories recently. Not flashbacks. Haven't had them in a wee while now. The thoughts and memories make me really sad. I feel so vulnerable when they're brought back up. I feel like I did when I was there, but it's not a flashback, it's just like the emotions are being dragged back to me. 

How I can feel better - I've been using the technique that I posted on the boards. It worked yesterday so I'm hoping I can use it again today to trigger some of the endorphins lol. I'm gonna stick on an episode of supernatural and just kinda hover around the boards for a bit lol. 

I think I'm like a 4 now after typing all that out. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `

Number- 6. I think it’s a 6, I know feelings are individual and everyones different. But I feel like I often rate myself too low. Even-though I want to be happy I feel like I’m actively making things worse.

Why isn’t it higher? I’m not sure, it should be higher I know that. There’s this horrible sick feeling that’s been lingering the past week, I’m struggling to ignore it today. I feel heavy and all slow, everything I say feels clumsy. Ive been a nuisance lately. I keep thinking about things I do almost to the point where I feel like I’m watching myself which probably doesn’t make a lot of sense. This is really pathetic but I just want my mum to go to bed so I can just deal with this instead of holding it in. Trying to keep up with conversations is tiring even simply listening. I feel like I need to pace back and forth. If I went to bed first she’d get suspicious, I’ve just got to hang on a little longer. I want to talk to someone in person, even just cry and let out but that’d be selfish. So many people have been nice but I don’t want to start taking advantage. I suck at bottling things up but as soon as I let them go I can never stop thinking about ungrateful and weak I must seem.

Why isn’t it lower? There’s some amazing people around me. My dogs sat on my lap and he’s very comforting.

What can I do? I can’t really focus long enough to do anything right now. I might end up texting a helpline I hope I don’t, I really hope I can ride this out on my own. I’ll try and watch a film as a distraction.

Happy Monday all, big hugs wishing you all the best, you’re all awesome people. :)

• AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Atm around a 5 I feel really isolated and lonely even when around people and low moods and bad thoughts are showing through. 

Why not lower: One person I'm talking to lifts me a little bit.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    edited January 2021
    1 TW absolutely rubbish 😭🖤😓don’t deserve anything 
    I think I'm around the 6 mark. 

Why isn't it higher? Just that kinda heavy feeling pulling me down. Still waiting to hear back from some flats. They're all packing their stuff for their move so we know it's 100% happening. We've been told that we'll just have to find somewhere. Lol it's fantastic. My heart rat (the one I've bonded with the most) is starting to lose the use of her hind legs. Typically that means they don't have long left - although Rolo a different one has been going for a few months now with this condition. It's my old best friends birthday today. It's been about 3 years now since we last spoke :/

Why isn't it lower? Been making plans with a friend to hopefully meet up once this lockdown is done. My wee unwell rat is trooping through. Always love doing a headcount in the cages and having the right number. I've got some yummy sweets from Christmas that I've been going through. Our room is starting to look read to be moved out of. Really just some clothes, the bed and rats to go now. I've got a great bf so it feels hard to drop lower. I was successful with the first stage of my job interview today and I'm lucky enough to have another interview on Wednesday. 

What can I do? Erm eat more sweets? Nah jk I'm trying to make them last. I want to watch an episode of supernatural and then snuggle up with Matt. Listen to a bedtime story from our Google nest (because I am a child obvs) and get a good night sleep listening to classic FM. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Wanted to find this thread as haven't written in it for a few days lol. 

Right now I'd say I'm about a 6

Why isn't it higher: usual stuff :joy: I often think to myself will my life ever get better? I wish I could be a higher number but I just never stop feeling sad lol. Losing all motivation again, even for the things I was doing really well with - for example I've been drinking far less coffee for the past 6 months but now I just think what's the point in keeping going with that because it's made absolutely no difference to my life having less of it. Don't really want to go out much either lol. I do if I have to. 

Why isn't it lower: christ that was a long rant :joy: I'm grateful for what I have. Supportive family, amazing friends and a wonderful partner (who worries about me too much but I can live with that lol). Weirdly enough I'm actually less tired than I have been today, and I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night. Not healthy I know but shows me I'm definitely sleeping too much (it was a total accident only getting that much btw). So I really need to try to not sleep for so many hours anymore haha. So that's good I guess. 

What I could do: I feel like I repeat myself here but I'm gonna put my tunes back on (it's gone off as I'm typing this haha) and try to relax more. 
    1 shouldn’t be on here 😭
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    a 3. I’m sad but It’s peaceful at this time
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited January 2021
    [deleted post]
    Post edited by JustV on
    Hey @Emoji246 just wanted to echo what Eleanor said you’re a 100% wanted here.  <3 
    It’s just the moderators jobs to make sure we stay in the guide lines, I know I’ve broken them accidentally when I’ve been low. It definitely doesn’t mean you’re not wanted. We’re all here for you. Big hugs  <3
    Sending massive hugs @GreenTea <3 things will get better. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Sorry to hear @GreenTea , remember the mix is a safe space for you to come to :) I hope things look up for you soon.