Home Health & Wellbeing
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

On a Scale of 1-10 How are you Feeling Today?

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie Posts: 13,019 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited January 3
    Now a 1 because overthinking 
    Anch0r33
  • LaineLaine Fruit loop Gone for gooPosts: 2,767 Account Deactivated
    Thanks for the nice message @SciFi_456
    I've gotten back into The 1975 lately lol and I really love oasis she's electric had that on repeat 🤣 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    SciFi_456
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Literally just got here
    Hey @SciFi_456
    Thank you big hugs. It’s good to set goals, I wish you all the best. Don’t  forget we’re here to help anyway we can, you never have to go through anything alone. You’re an awesome person. Always here if you ever need anything  <3
    SciFi_456
  • SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @Laine no worries Laine just wanted to make sure everyone was doing ok. Sometimes the older music is the best. I haven't listened to Oasis properly in a while aha I'll let you know what I think 😁😂
    Laine
    Everyone but me lol
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Cheers pal, you're a top fella 🤜 @SciFi_456
    SciFi_456
    Hiya @Shaunie so sorry about that I thought I'd got everyone 😬. Hope you had a good new year's day. How are you doing? 

-Liam ❤️
    I’m a 4.

Why isn’t it higher? I wish I knew. I can’t stop crying all the time, I don’t even know what I’m sad about. Stupid intrusive thoughts are tiring. I’m struggling and I don’t know why, things are supposed to be better. So many people have been so kind but I don’t think I’m doing enough to help myself. People think I’m happier now and doing better, I don’t want to disappoint or burden them, once was bad enough.  I’m just so tired.

Why isn’t it lower? I spoke to a really kind shout volunteer who helped ground me . I don’t go back to school until at least Wednesday so I have chance to cram all the work I haven’t done. I’m surrounded by some amazing people who see the good things I can’t, I’m incredibly thankful for them. 

What can I do? I’m not sure, nothing is really helping tonight. I’ll try to see if I can focus on a Disney film.

Take care everyone, here if anyone ever needs anything  <3
    SciFi_456Sneakylilmochaindependent_Anch0r33
    Hi @SpaceOtter no problem. Yeah I've wanted to set goals for a while I just wasn't sure what goals. I appreciate the kindness. ❤️
    edited January 3
    Sorry it’s okay!
    It’s cause I know some people on here would/ have gone to extremes to make me feel left out so it’s kinda stuck to me.rationally know you probably didn’t mean to

And I survived it thanks. Hope went okay for you
    SciFi_456
    No worries @Liam stay strong 💪🏻
    Hi @Shaunie Mine went ok thanks hopefully this year will be good for all of us. Stay strong ❤️
    Shaunie
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan “Stay strong, your story isn’t over yet.”Posts: 289 The Mix Regular
    New day time for a new rating missed it yesterday but I guess this counts for today so far and yesterday. Right now I am at a pretty low low of a 3 because the night is always hard and I just feel so lonely and unwanted. However, earlier was a 5 because I go out on a walk. 
    Past UserSciFi_456independent_Anch0r33
    Hey @AnneFrypan big hugs, we’re all here if you need anything. Always happy to listen. You’re an awesome individual  <3
    AnneFrypanSciFi_456Anch0r33
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan “Stay strong, your story isn’t over yet.”Posts: 289 The Mix Regular
    @SpaceOtter Thank you I just feel so down rn and none my friends are up to talk. 
    Past UserSciFi_456Anch0r33
    Number : 9/10, fake it til ye make it ;)

Why it isn’t higher:  I live in my own wee bubble and sometimes someone with a nasty heart comes along and tries to pop it and it reminds me that there's some reyt vile folk out there 

Why it isn’t lower : Because despite the vile folk, I know some of the most FANTASTIC people and they make me SO very happy. I'm very grateful for my dog who is SO FRIGGIN CUTE i just wanny squeeze him AGHHHHH, it should be illegal to be so cute. Also because i just feel really lucky to have such lovely people around me who put up with my highs, my very highs, my extremely highs and my lows. :lol:

What I could do : My plans are to shower and then annoy my friends :smile:
    independent_SciFi_456Anch0r33AnneFrypanChloeSneakylilmocha
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,941 Master Poster
    edited January 3
    Probably a 6 today.

Why isn’t it higher: I’ve definitely gone backwards and just struggling to stay positive.

Why it isn’t lower: this morning I checked a lottery ticket I had for yesterday and I won £30!!! 30 whole quid that I didn’t think I would have. So I treated myself to some vodka and I still have money left lol. I also (finally, because mum said she would help me today but no other day) did a big clear out of my room and got rid of 7 big bags of absolute rubbish. How one person had so much, I will never know.

What I could do: I really need to speak to my counsellor on Tuesday about how I’ve felt lately. For right now I’m gonna relax (done with cleaning, there’s more I could do but I’m well and truely bored) and put music on. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    SciFi_456Anch0r33AnneFrypanPast UserSneakylilmocha
  • LaineLaine Fruit loop Gone for gooPosts: 2,767 Account Deactivated
    I'd say a 6 or 7 maybe? 
    Why it isn't higher: Been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster day and kinda missing my fam again. which is okay but I'm just left a bit bleh. Also kinda TW regarding foood.
    I've felt gross since last night lol ate pretty nice today but my Chinese was bland but also mostly quite greasy and making me feel really chubby and disgusting so I've buttered toast instead lol) 
    And I dunno just feeling sorry for meself looks wise but that's nothing new.

Why it isn't lower: I know I repeat myself a lot but I absolutely love my partner to bittts and my besties ❤️ the dog is always happy to see me 🤣 I've had a good day still done fun things and can't wait for a nice walk maybe tomorrow. And I'm proud of everything I've done so far for myself and others.

What I can do: I'm gonna make nice plans for the evening be nice to myself, get myself in my onesie I feel a strange comfort from that lol 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    independent_Past UserAnneFrypanSneakylilmochaAnch0r33
  • ChloeChloe Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Liam said:
    Number : 9/10, fake it til ye make it ;)

Why it isn’t higher:  I live in my own wee bubble and sometimes someone with a nasty heart comes along and tries to pop it and it reminds me that there's some reyt vile folk out there 

Why it isn’t lower : Because despite the vile folk, I know some of the most FANTASTIC people and they make me SO very happy. I'm very grateful for my dog who is SO FRIGGIN CUTE i just wanny squeeze him AGHHHHH, it should be illegal to be so cute. Also because i just feel really lucky to have such lovely people around me who put up with my highs, my very highs, my extremely highs and my lows. :lol:

What I could do : My plans are to shower and then annoy my friends :smile:
    I see you post a lot and giving a lot of love so just wanted to say that I hope you don't have to keep faking it for long and it's a real 9/10 for you soon! *hugs*
    Anch0r33
    Aww THANK YOU @Chloe <3 ... I'd say i reached a pretty good high today so that's good! :smiley:
    ChloeAnch0r33
    I’m a 3 today, which is so silly but I just feel so low.

Why isn’t it higher: I feel so trapped inside my head, I feel so disconnected from everything. I just want everything in my head to stop, it’s all silly because things could be a million times worse. Last time I felt this low I knew what I had to do, I had to reach out, but now I’m back here again I’m at a complete loss. Everything thinks I’m ok now, I don’t want to let them down. 

Why isn’t it lower: there’s some pretty amazing human beings in the world and I’m lucky to be surrounded by a lot of them. 

What can I do: I’m not sure. I’ll try and watch a Disney film see if it calms me down.

Big hugs everyone, always happy to listen if you ever need anything  <3
    LainePast Userindependent__Tech_Addict_GirlSneakylilmochaAnch0r33SciFi_456
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Obnoxiously Large Anchor Somewhere in the sea 🌊Posts: 981 Part of The Mix Family
    Think I'm like a 7 rn. 

Why am I not higher? Had a bit of an uppy downy day. Was pretty much threatened with homelessness if we don't find a flat soon enough (we started looking yesterday) as my bfs mum started looking for a house with 1 less bedroom. They've already got 2 offers that are keen. It got messy and it's just kinda shaken me a bit. Feeling very pressured and rushed. We don't have anywhere else to go and no family to live with. 

Why am I not lower? My partner is standing our ground. He said he's gonna mess up any move if we don't have a place first. We've also found a few nice places so just waiting to hear back. 

What can I do? Just chill out and stop worrying so much. I'm just overthinking a lot. I need to wait and hear back from some of the flats and go from there. There's a few ones I'm really hoping for so just hope for the best really. Get a good night sleep and maybe take a bath tomorrow to relax. Want to go another long walk, it helps clear my head. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Past UserLaineSneakylilmochaindependent_SciFi_456
    edited January 4
    Feeling like a 3 right now if I'm honest.

Why am I not higher? I just don't have the energy right now. I want to but I just don't really know how to get the energy. Very often now I don't know what to do, I don't want to do anything and it's really suffocating. I don't wanna feel like a spare part or an inconvenience to people because that's what's always on my mind. I just don't know what to do. Wish I could go back in time and start again.

Why am I not lower? I guess because if I was, I wouldn't be reaching out to you guys so part of me is still ok I guess? 
    Anch0r33Past UserLaineSneakylilmochaindependent_
    Hey @SciFi_456 big hugs. You’re an amazing person and a wonderful support but don’t forget to put yourself first. It’s ok to take time for ourselves. And we’ll always be happy to listen if you ever need anything  <3 
    I understand how you feel but I promise you’re definitely not an inconvenience, sometimes when we found ourselves dealing with negative thoughts it’s good to talk about them like you have. Reaching out is an incredibly strong thing to do.  Another big hug, always happy to listen. Take care Sci-fi  <3
    SciFi_456Anch0r33Laine
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,123 Wise Owl
    1 I feel like I’m gonna have a heart attack 😭😭
    SneakylilmochaLaineSciFi_456independent_Anch0r33
    Number : 3/10

Why it isn’t higher:  To be honest i'm struggling somewhat. Every day is feeling so long and exhausting. I feel like i have so much going on right now and I keep thinking about all of the things i have to do and I have no motivation to do them. I know talking will help I just don't know how and who to. I tried last night because I was feeling worse than ever, I attempted to call Child Line and I stammered, the counsellor said "It seems like you're not ready to talk, please call us when you are" i managed to ask her to please wait and that i have a stammer but she just hung up. Felt like a proper sucker punch cause i needed her in that moment. I feel gross and dirty and i keep showering, mams moaning about how much im using the shower it helps whilst im in the shower and when i get out i just feel dirty again. 

Why it isn’t lower : I'm alive and i'm healthy and i'm blessed for that.

What I could do : Hopefully writing here helps a little. im going to take a break from my phone today and ill try and work on somethin to keep me busy or ill watch TS because those are the only movies i can sit through without losing focus.
    Anch0r33LaineSneakylilmochaindependent_Past User
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Obnoxiously Large Anchor Somewhere in the sea 🌊Posts: 981 Part of The Mix Family
    @Liam I know you're going through a lot. You're honestly doing so well to be able to open up and talk the way you do. I know it doesn't feel it, but having the strength to write about how you're feeling in the depth that you do is an achievement in itself. 

I know you're struggling a bit with who to talk to, and I'm honestly disgusted by how that Childline counsellor handled your call. I know it's all well me saying I'm here for you and everyone here is, but I also understand that we may not be the people you want or need to talk to right now. That's okay. It's okay to be unsure. Take the time you need to work it out. Also remember that mam and dad care about you if you do ever feel super low, they want what's best for you - don't ever feel like you're bothering them or us for that matter. Also it's okay to contact Childline again and call until you find the right person for you, you won't be judged. I know that caller was way out of order, but I personally know that more people that not are there and will listen. I also understand why you wouldn't. 

I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now but I just want you to know that you're not alone and you're doing the right thing by talking about it. Take your time and go at you're own pace and find the right person to talk to - and it's okay not to talk to anyone yet if that's what you decide. 

You're doing so well mate, keep going strong. I know it's tough, and I'm not gonna say it'll get easier, but I know you're strong enough to get through anything and make good out of a bad situation. If anyone can I know it's you. 

Those all sound like great plans - I'll also link some websites to some good distraction techniques as well. This website is useful as it has so many options in one place - https://www.beautyafterbruises.org/blog/distraction101

If you ever need anything, just give me (or anyone) a shout <3

You've got this 👁️👄👁️ (hopefully got a wee smile out of you there!)
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Laineindependent_Past UserSciFi_456Past User
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,941 Master Poster
    I’m going to say a 6 today.

Why it isn’t higher: honestly I don’t know. I just feel like fed up and have no real motivation for anything right now. Lol so this is pretty much me every day so I’m probably never going to get up to a 10/10. My counsellor phoned me, when I said nothing had really changed since last time in terms of that she said she’d check in with me in 4 weeks on 2nd February, which is probably better than saying the same stuff every week lol. My anxiety is much much better than it’s been for a long time because I’ve worked a lot on it in counselling but I just .. I’m just in a constant I’m never happy and often really low and nothing is helping with that.

Why it isn’t lower: I went for the 6 because it could be much worse, I’ve felt much worse than I do today, and my counsellor did say that if I’m finding things too hard without the appointments I can send her an email or phone her and we can schedule a call sooner. So that’s reassuring a bit.

What I can do: I’m gonna go for a walk with Theo, and mum has ordered mozzarella sticks with the shopping which has just arrived so might have some of those :joy: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Past UserAnch0r33
    Hey @independent_ just wanted to say you’re an amazing person. I know things may not feel like they’re getting better but you continuing to reach out to us and your counsellor shows a lot of strength. It’s good that she said you can talk to her if you need anything and we’re always here too. Big hugs  <3
    independent_Anch0r33
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 11,591 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm a 4

I'm stressed, depressed and had enough.

Why isn't it higher? I'm a mess. I'm busy, I'm a key worker, I have no medication. I feel alone

Why isn't it lower? Because I'm still able to function in society currently

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

independent_Past UserAnch0r33