Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

On a Scale of 1-10 How are you Feeling Today?

Comments

• SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hiya @Shaunie so sorry about that I thought I'd got everyone 😬. Hope you had a good new year's day. How are you doing? 

-Liam ❤️
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I’m a 4.

Why isn’t it higher? I wish I knew. I can’t stop crying all the time, I don’t even know what I’m sad about. Stupid intrusive thoughts are tiring. I’m struggling and I don’t know why, things are supposed to be better. So many people have been so kind but I don’t think I’m doing enough to help myself. People think I’m happier now and doing better, I don’t want to disappoint or burden them, once was bad enough.  I’m just so tired.

Why isn’t it lower? I spoke to a really kind shout volunteer who helped ground me . I don’t go back to school until at least Wednesday so I have chance to cram all the work I haven’t done. I’m surrounded by some amazing people who see the good things I can’t, I’m incredibly thankful for them. 

What can I do? I’m not sure, nothing is really helping tonight. I’ll try to see if I can focus on a Disney film.

Take care everyone, here if anyone ever needs anything  <3
    Hi @SpaceOtter no problem. Yeah I've wanted to set goals for a while I just wasn't sure what goals. I appreciate the kindness. ❤️
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2021
    Sorry it’s okay!
    It’s cause I know some people on here would/ have gone to extremes to make me feel left out so it’s kinda stuck to me.rationally know you probably didn’t mean to

And I survived it thanks. Hope went okay for you
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    No worries @Liam stay strong 💪🏻
    Hi @Shaunie Mine went ok thanks hopefully this year will be good for all of us. Stay strong ❤️
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    New day time for a new rating missed it yesterday but I guess this counts for today so far and yesterday. Right now I am at a pretty low low of a 3 because the night is always hard and I just feel so lonely and unwanted. However, earlier was a 5 because I go out on a walk. 
    Hey @AnneFrypan big hugs, we’re all here if you need anything. Always happy to listen. You’re an awesome individual  <3
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    @SpaceOtter Thank you I just feel so down rn and none my friends are up to talk. 
  • ChloeChloe Deactivated Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Liam said:
    Number : 9/10, fake it til ye make it ;)

Why it isn’t higher:  I live in my own wee bubble and sometimes someone with a nasty heart comes along and tries to pop it and it reminds me that there's some reyt vile folk out there 

Why it isn’t lower : Because despite the vile folk, I know some of the most FANTASTIC people and they make me SO very happy. I'm very grateful for my dog who is SO FRIGGIN CUTE i just wanny squeeze him AGHHHHH, it should be illegal to be so cute. Also because i just feel really lucky to have such lovely people around me who put up with my highs, my very highs, my extremely highs and my lows. :lol:

What I could do : My plans are to shower and then annoy my friends :smile:
    I see you post a lot and giving a lot of love so just wanted to say that I hope you don't have to keep faking it for long and it's a real 9/10 for you soon! *hugs*
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Aww THANK YOU @Chloe <3 ... I'd say i reached a pretty good high today so that's good! :smiley:
    Hey @SciFi_456 big hugs. You’re an amazing person and a wonderful support but don’t forget to put yourself first. It’s ok to take time for ourselves. And we’ll always be happy to listen if you ever need anything  <3 
    I understand how you feel but I promise you’re definitely not an inconvenience, sometimes when we found ourselves dealing with negative thoughts it’s good to talk about them like you have. Reaching out is an incredibly strong thing to do.  Another big hug, always happy to listen. Take care Sci-fi  <3
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’m going to say a 6 today.

Why it isn’t higher: honestly I don’t know. I just feel like fed up and have no real motivation for anything right now. Lol so this is pretty much me every day so I’m probably never going to get up to a 10/10. My counsellor phoned me, when I said nothing had really changed since last time in terms of that she said she’d check in with me in 4 weeks on 2nd February, which is probably better than saying the same stuff every week lol. My anxiety is much much better than it’s been for a long time because I’ve worked a lot on it in counselling but I just .. I’m just in a constant I’m never happy and often really low and nothing is helping with that.

Why it isn’t lower: I went for the 6 because it could be much worse, I’ve felt much worse than I do today, and my counsellor did say that if I’m finding things too hard without the appointments I can send her an email or phone her and we can schedule a call sooner. So that’s reassuring a bit.

What I can do: I’m gonna go for a walk with Theo, and mum has ordered mozzarella sticks with the shopping which has just arrived so might have some of those :joy: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hey @independent_ just wanted to say you’re an amazing person. I know things may not feel like they’re getting better but you continuing to reach out to us and your counsellor shows a lot of strength. It’s good that she said you can talk to her if you need anything and we’re always here too. Big hugs  <3
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm a 4

I'm stressed, depressed and had enough.

Why isn't it higher? I'm a mess. I'm busy, I'm a key worker, I have no medication. I feel alone

Why isn't it lower? Because I'm still able to function in society currently
    Big hugs @GreenTea here if you ever need anything  <3
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs to everyone that needs them today (and every day) <3 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Wanted to update this after a tough morning

Number : 9/10

Why it isn’t higher:  This morning was quite difficult

Why it isn’t lower : I'm alive and i'm healthy and i'm blessed for that. I've worked hard today to keep myself distracted and despite the lack of motivation, I deep cleaned my room and its now the type of clean where you're happy to welcome yer mam in to have a look :lol:  Just got into bed cause i'm pretty much ready to call it a day. I'm feeling quite content now :)

What I could do : Gonna watch TS2 with the dog, his movie choice... ofc ;) 
    edited January 2021
    Hi I’m 7 today. Big hugs everyone you’re all so nice and you’ve helped me a lot. 

Why isn’t it higher: I’m going to school tomorrow and I’m really not sure how I feel about that. I’m grateful to be allowed back but another part of me feels so guilty ,I shouldn’t need to go in the teachers will probably be annoyed, I’m the last person they want in. I shouldn’t need the extra help it feels silly. Mum joked that maybe they offered but didn’t expect me to say yes, she said she was only joking but that’s exactly the worry that was racing through my head. I don’t even know if many other people from my year or my classes will be there. I don’t feel like spending the next few days all on my own at school.

Why isn’t it lower: I feel like a break is what I need. I’m not doing well at home, too much time to think and I can’t get my work done. I’ve become a bit of a nuisance to everyone (Sorry) and it’ll be good to get away from the internet for a little. 

What can I do: make sure I have everything I need for school and get a decent sleep.

Sorry for complaining so much but I feel better now , I’m not going to think too much about my worries I’ll try to forget them now I’ve written them down. 

edited January 2021
    That’s brilliant to here @Liam . We’re all so proud of you for continuing to open up and we are so lucky to have you. (Sorry if that sounds patronising, you’ve just me helped a lot and I don’t know how to put that into words or return the favour) Always here if you ever need anything. Hope you enjoy toy story 2
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m about a 6 rn

why it isn’t higher: I’m soooo tired, I’ve just got back from work where I was pretty busy all day. I was trying to work on my portfolio whilst at work as well which probably wasn’t a great idea because it’s worn me out now. 

Why it isn’t lower: other than being tired I’m pretty good which is good for me and I’m happy that I’m doing okay

what can I do: I’m going to just chill now and eat dinner and then I’ll probably play on my switch this evening 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.