Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Kasa2103 said:
    How on earth did the government get my number? I got a text whilst I was studying earlier (still going to school- we did some stuff about motivation, did some exercise, did some real life maths problems, studied and did some art. We even had some time to do Kahoot.)
    Why is your school open @Kasa2103
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    How on earth did the government get my number? I got a text whilst I was studying earlier (still going to school- we did some stuff about motivation, did some exercise, did some real life maths problems, studied and did some art. We even had some time to do Kahoot.)
    Why is your school open @Kasa2103
    3 of us have parents who are key workers who can't work from home. The other one is vulnerable.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Shaunie many schools are still open for those of key workers such as doctors, nurses, emergency services etc. If both parents are key workers then the child attends school. However it should be a last resort! It's not all formal lessons. It's literally just a safe space for a child to attend. 
    Ooh thanks didn't think
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Trying not to worry

Sometimes I feel like my degree has left me knowing too much. 

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    The panic is really beginning to settle in now .... don’t get me wrong I have always taken what’s going on seriously but I don’t know just seems to be an extra realisation of what’s now going on 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sending hugs everyone! <3 remember to look after your mental health during this tricky time and if you cannot limit your exposure to the media to try and find positive stories x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    This is really beginning to mess around with my anxiety now :( I walk to dog come home wash hands have a shower and put clean clothes on every time I go outside for longer than 5 minutes 😩 can this all just go away now  please 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Just dropping by to send hugs to everyone. It's completely understandable the outbreak is causing distress and problems for people and I hope you're all managing okay. I'm always here if anyone feels like ranting <3
    This is where i feel like binge eating andThen purgung But cant cause i defo would get looks if i went in to just buy load of junk food.  So my urges are going to turn into self harm soon
    Can't take this much more never been more suicidal and just downright depressed.

The whole place is so draconian, tried to go shopping the queue is ridiculously and no doubt when i got there the shop would be empty, pointless.

I risk myself as an asthmatic outside for shopping and that's how it goes.
    Thank God the rest of my family can go shopping because I can't take that not at all.

So done really don't see a point anymore 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    (Partially for me but also partially on behalf of one of my friends who is also affected by this.)
    I have very stupidly been discharged from the orthodontist at the hospital. But I can't be. Why can't they just put my appointment on hold until further notice? I can't be discharged. I am part way through treatment and it cannot be stopped part way through. They say that it isn't urgent but that is absolute rubbish. It wouldn't be urgent if it was for cosmetic purposes but it is for health purposes. I can't have these braces forever. 
    My mum won't even get in touch with NHS because she claims that it is to do with COVID-19 patients getting priority. I know that coronavirus is a very important issue at the moment but why discharge someone from a clinic that can very easily put appointments on hold. 
    At least discharge people who don't need to be seen (such as those just getting yearly post-treatment/operation checkups or those who are getting treatment for cosmetic purposes instead of for medical benefit.)
    Come on NHS! I care about the safety of everyone but think about us people who are receiving treatment for different conditions  (such as dental issues, eating disorders or carpal tunnel syndrome) too. Just because we don't have coronavirus doesn't mean that we don't need our hospital appointments too. I feel dumped by the NHS.

Not only is my orthodontic treatment affected by the NHS making decisions to discharge "all non-urgent cases" but my ASD assessment will probably also be affected. At the moment I am on the waiting list for a multi agency review. The average wait is 6 months but it could be even longer due to the coronavirus. It might not be the first thing on the minds of the NHS but please do think about everyone else either receiving treatment or on waiting lists for various things.

Should I get in contact with PALS about this or just wait? I get that the NHS is under a lot of pressure but I feel annoyed at the moment. Coronavirus is one of the worst things to ever exist  (except for Piers Morgan, Donald Trump and GCSE's.)

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • WTFWTF Posts: 2 Newbie
    This virus is killing mostly the old, if enough older people die:
    1. will the retirement age come back down to 65
    2. Will I get a better pension 
    3. How many old people have I got to lick for this to happen 😀
    edited March 2020
    WTF said:
    This virus is killing mostly the old, if enough older people die:
    1. will the retirement age come back down to 65
    2. Will I get a better pension 
    3. How many old people have I got to lick for this to happen 😀
    . No matter the age. No one should be dying from this. That's really sad to read. Don't lick any old people.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited March 2020
    @Shaunie said:
    . No matter the age. No one should be dying from this. That's really sad to read. Don't lick any old people.
    Quite. :)

Be mindful of what you're saying here @WTF. It's good to have you on the Community but try and be sensitive - a lot of folks here are having a hard time with the COVID crisis and this is a thread people are using to get support. Dark humour is okay in principle but you need to indulge that in another discussion.

And if you're not joking, this Community isn't the place to spread that sort of sentiment. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    My sister thinks she has a fever and now shes coughing but she doesnt know if shes over thinking it
    Kasa2103 said:
    All this coronavirus stuff is overwhelming for me. Especially as I found out that I could get arrested if found in public. I don't want to get a criminal record. But I cannot stay home on my own. My parents can't work from home. 
    But i thought you was a carer for someone in your family so if anything you need to be at home?
    Rang the doctor about an on going chest issue since fucking October, refused to see me, refused to even talk to me and told me to ring 111. Had absolutely no chance to sort out mental health medication, nothing. 
    Thus is so frustrating
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea That's frustrating! Does your doctor's surgery have an e-consult service? Mine does and I just fill out a form online (it's quite long!) and then someone phones or emails me with information and possibilities of what I can do. I filled it in last night regarding my MH meds and they called me this morning and changed my prescription. 
    Alis propriis volat 
    I swear I’m spending more time ringing and going to pharmacies then I am doing my actually college work ... today’s task hunting down my antibiotics that no where seems to have 
    When you are showing symptoms, struggling with mental health and your friends seem to hate you for absolutely no reason at all?

Yh I'm fucking scared. Can't get tested unless I end up in hospital. How fab. 
    Hug checkpoint! 

squishy penguin hugs for all <3 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

GreenTea said:
    When you are showing symptoms, struggling with mental health and your friends seem to hate you for absolutely no reason at all?

Yh I'm fucking scared. Can't get tested unless I end up in hospital. How fab. 

Update: feeling loads better today, I don't know if it was just anxiety or because I've had a cold recently. I don't know
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I've had a stressful day and all I wanted to do was play on the swings while there's no kids about 😭😭

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    My sister is planning on moving in with her boyfriend until coronavirus is over and I couldn't be happier for her but then my parents have said that we wouldn't be able to see her which is fair enough and that her saying goodbye may be goodbye forever if some of us got coronavirus. This has set my anxiety off wild and I hate it and now I'm worried my parents might die and how well get by or what and when I tried to talk to them about it they kinda just laughed it off and didn't take me seriously. I hate this virus and I just want to craul up into a ball and die so I don't have to deal with anything anymore. 
    Anyone else feel like they are losing control and their mental health is taking a deep dive down?
    edited April 2020
    I've had a stressful day and all I wanted to do was play on the swings while there's no kids about 😭😭

😧. I'm sorry but I'm glad that is closed. Don't go on any swings even if they're open. Could be infecting it or be already infected and make others want to go on it to. Social distancing means no parks. Hope you feel less stressed now though