Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @Kasa2103 LOVE five finger death punch :) my fav song is remember everything :)

theres nothing wrong with it just don't know what im gonna do with it once the paint dries haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    @Kasa2103 LOVE five finger death punch :) my fav song is remember everything :)

theres nothing wrong with it just don't know what im gonna do with it once the paint dries haha
    Watching paint dry is a boring and fun task combined together. Haha.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2023
    IM so confused. So i follow the telegraph on facebook. Says there is a confirmed of 108 cases with 54 died in my area. So what is that a 50% mortality rate????
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm so over this lockdown. Tempted to go sit down the river like I always did, with a book and just read but i know I'm going to get a load of abuse and hate for not staying home. But I'm fucking done being stuck at fucking home 
    edited April 2020
    Am i the only one who always has a massive urge when I'm  in the shops  to shout 'coronavirus' in that tik tok vioce 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Feel like my dad could be part of the problem. Go into the storage room and so many toilet rolls 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Missing avocados only doing food deliveries now but can't seem to get them. Also kinda getting bored missing doing certain stuff though not so bad. And more arguing and stuff now ha
    such a lovely day .. I miss being able to go out whenever I wanted :cry:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Lockdown is so tiring I wanna leave its getting so annoying :c
    Having tested positive for covid and being poorly, I feel so drained and tired 24/7 :( 
    sending but virtual hugs! hope you start to feel better soon! <3
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Having tested positive for covid and being poorly, I feel so drained and tired 24/7 :( 
    sending but virtual hugs! hope you start to feel better soon! <3
    Thank you lots :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Sending hugs to those who need them
  • AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    it's annoying for me cause I can't go to college anymore and see my friends.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Just chipping in here to say I removed the last few posts per request and also to keep things on track.

As @Salix_alba_2019 said @Angel, people post on the boards to vent about things going on in their life all the time. We have a rule against people discussing other community members and we ask people to also clarify that it's not about anyone here (you might have noticed @GreenTea do this), so it's safe to assume these things aren't about any members of The Mix if you see them. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Starting to really struggle with finding distractions to help myself..
    With no support and lack of distractions, I just feel myself crashing even faster.
    Just got fat over lockdown
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Well either way I think that you are beautiful @Shaunie
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Really struggling with lockdown at the moment
    Starting to think im not going to be able to cope when lockdown lifts. I dont want to go to work. And for once im not being moaned at for not getting out of bed. I just basically dont want to live
    Anyway..

Trying to do some colouring but my stupid pens  don't try quick enough and keep smudging and it's pissing me off.
    When your favourite pens run out and the shop selling them is no longer open because of lockdown. 🙃🙃🙃 Just want to finish my colouring page 🙃🙃🙃
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Wish my parents wouldn’t insist on watching the news all the time when we’re having dinner. Like I’ve almost avoided Covid all day but keep thinking about having to hear about it none-stop when I go downstairs!!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Wish my parents wouldn’t insist on watching the news all the time when we’re having dinner. Like I’ve almost avoided Covid all day but keep thinking about having to hear about it none-stop when I go downstairs!!! 

Hey Have you told your parents that it isn't helpful for you? 
    Stupid question, you probably have 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Ever since this lockdown has happened MH nightmares have go so intense and it’s leaving me with barely any sleep :( I’m wide awake every out because of stupid little things and I can’t tell if it’s my increased fluoxetine or it’s my anxiety playing up.

either way I have no idea what to do 🥺
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    if PM decides to lift the lockdown ill be happy because i get 18 weeks at college and then 8 weeks of summer holidays. what i was excited about was i wanted to do work experience.  i haven't had a full year at my college.
    i finish college on 15th July 2020
    I mean Germany relaxed lockdown and their cases spiked 
    Feel like we are heading the same way
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    GreenTea said:

Hey Have you told your parents that it isn't helpful for you? 
    Stupid question, you probably have 
    Hi @GreenTea, sorry I’m just seeing this now.

Oh I’ve told them more than once, there’s no point arguing over it so I’ve just left it now and left them to it. I try not to listen to it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    i am feeling abit angry and upset today due to this girl at my college and i do not want to see her and just stay away from her. i told her to stay away and leave me alone otherwise shell know about it. i am coming to support chat tonight