Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Tired of hearing people moan and whine about being stuck with their families. At least you are with them. Some of us can't be.
    I'm 200 miles away from mine. I'd do anything just to see them once. 
    At least you are with yours, spending time with them, they may get on your nerves but you are with people who love you.

It's really getting me down seeing people whine about being with family. 

Just a rant. 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Shaunie said:
    I've had a stressful day and all I wanted to do was play on the swings while there's no kids about 😭😭

😧. I'm sorry but I'm glad that is closed. Don't go on any swings even if they're open. Could be infecting it or be already infected and make others want to go on it to. Social distancing means no parks. Hope you feel less stressed now though
    Well obviously I would sanitise it before I go on it 😂 the point I was trying to make is when we're not allowed to do something it makes us want to do it even more 😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    I feel really sad about all the people in abusive controlling relationships that have to be stuck there :( 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Anyone else just given up with knowing the date and time?
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    @GreenTea It has been a decade since I knew it correctly xd
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    My sister had temp of 38.3 but not sent home. My older sister works where if have higher than 38 then get sent home. But maybe thats because three confimed cases there. But still my sister is working with vunerable people
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Still can't get a lot of things in supermarkets and it's so stressful
  • Options
    Lasted 2 minutes at work then got sent home cause I have a fever 🙄 I have an infection which I'm on antibiotics for I do not have covid-19! 😭😭
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Protocol is I have to be off for 2 weeks, I can't afford that! 😭😭
  • Options
    Its suppose to be 7 days. My sister works for nhs if someone has a fever stay of for 7 days not two weeks
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Its suppose to be 7 days. My sister works for nhs if someone has a fever stay of for 7 days not two weeks

Correct. 7 days from the first symptom and then it's 14 days for the rest of the household!
  • Options
    Food shopping is so more stressful than normal. It's awful. It makes it so much harder 😭
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    For some reason at my work it's 14 days 🙄
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Brought myself a weighted blanket in the hope it’s going to help me stop being so anxious about this all of the time 🥺 - was a good bargain though £35 off groupon 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Self-isolation has got me into a really bad routine of staying up till 2 or 3am every night... I knew this would happen eventually but come on. LOL.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ I hear ya 
  • Options
    My anxiety is always now so much higher on days I have to go out
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I’m desperate to find a fabric face masks 🥺
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Keep checking my temperature. Kinda annoying now
    shouldn't of brought one
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I've missed my partner quite a bit. I miss just being silly with him. I miss the hugs. I miss the intimacy. I miss his smile and his signature scent, Ted baker. It always made me laugh when he deliberately called it "bed taker".

I've had a lot of time to think about our relationship, he truly is a wonderful human being.

• Options
    Im going to have to go to local shops cause I'm so bored. Whether that makes me a bad person idk
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    I want to be alone physically
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    First time I've had a gp consultation over email 🙈😂 strange times we live in 😂
  • Options
    finnfinn Posts: 12 Settling in
    My mum was rushed to hospital in an ambulance early hours of this morning. She has only just gone into cancer remission after a long 2 year battle and now she has been struck with covid 19. I am worried sick i cant even think straight. 

She has had the symptoms for 5 days and they gradually got worse and worse. I haven't seen her since lock down started. I really want to be with her and comfort her. She's a trooper but she has already been through such a lot.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    @Millie2787
    If you can't find any you may find bandanas? They are better than nothing x

Hang in there @finn sending lots of hugs and support 💕

I wouldn't say it does @Shaunie I used to feel guilty about my daily exercise but you gotta get out of the house 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Laine said:

I wouldn't say it does @Shaunie I used to feel guilty about my daily exercise but you gotta get out of the house 
    I didn't go in the end as felt bad. But going to go shops tomorrow. Not for essential or for a walk so no one be reporting me please lol. I just want to say hi and speak to someone that isn't my family even it just hi lol. I feel like I'm going mad now
  • Options
    finnfinn Posts: 12 Settling in
    Thank you @Laine trying to keep my cool but still no news.  :s No news is better than bed news though. 

I wasn't expecting it to get so close to home. It is so important for people to stay inside, to protect themselves and others. This virus has no mercy. My poor mum has been through so much already.
  • Options
    got yet another day off cause I still have a fever due to this infection :cry: I can't afford to be off any longer ...
  • Options
    This lock down has me so bored I'm painting a suncatcher activity set designed for a 5 year old 🙄😂
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,808 Master Poster
    This lock down has me so bored I'm painting a suncatcher activity set designed for a 5 year old 🙄😂
    And what is wrong with that?! Absolutely nothing. I was so bored earlier that I started jamming out to Five Finger Death Punch. It swears a lot so I shouldn't really listen to it. My favourite song from that band is Salvation. It doesn't swear and it is something good to jam out to.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous