Homeā€ŗ General Chatā€ŗ Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What have you done today to make you feel proud? šŸ’•

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Learnt a new anxiety coping method today.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ AnonymousĀ 
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Despite struggling with self harm urges tonight, and feeling generally quite low, Ā Iā€™ve run myself a bath with lavender salt and vanilla bubble bath in šŸ˜ŒšŸ’— self care is honestly underrated sometimes x

Also been to the gym twice this week through battling anxiety and leaving the house šŸ’“
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I showered.
    Shouldn't be a big deal but due to depression I've spent the last week struggling to shower. But today I managed.Ā 
    Yes I'm disgusting and went a week without a shower.
  • Options
    Really proud of yā€™all!!! šŸ’—
  • Options
    The show went extremely well today. Everyone said that I was the loudest performer and a great dancer. Oh and even the dragon (drama teacher) was proud of me. The show was hilarious and I have some amazing photos and videos but due to the guidelines of the place, I cannot post them on.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @Kasa2103 so glad it went well!Ā <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''Ā Ā 
  • Options
    Love my new ticklist journal a friend got meĀ  <3Ā  I am proud I went to work today despite feeling so low this morning šŸ˜ŠĀ  also haven't ticked the 3 meals yet as my dinner is just cooking lolĀ 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''Ā Ā 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2019
    @BubblesGoesBoo does that say 'learnt how to make dead chickens out of towels'? If so, I am dying to know more about that. Love the checklist, btw. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Spent the morning/afternoon doing thisĀ 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I did a back somersault at the trampoline park today.Ā 
  • Options
    @Mike yes it does haha, we were shown how to make Swan's and Teddy's out of towels for public guests (I work at a hotel) so thought we'd play about and googled how to make dead chicken's aswell šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
  • Options
    I am ONE MONTH self harm free! šŸ’ƒšŸ’ƒĀ  it has been tough but I am SO proud of myself right now , I never thought I could do this šŸ˜Ā 

• Options
    Drew thisĀ last night , thinking of drawing some others and then making them into Christmas cards and selling themĀ 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Posted something on fb about being 1 month self harm free... got a message of someone this morning saying cause of my post they reached out and spoke to the gp about their self harm, and have been sign posted to people who can help support them šŸ˜Š more proud of them, but also proud of myself cause I was VERY hesitant about posting it, but I'm glad it helped at least one person šŸ˜ŠĀ 
  • Options
    Had a productive day for the first time in a while.Ā 
    The smallest of achievements makes the biggest difference
  • Options
    Spent most of the day doing this ! Iā€™m so happy with is , expect the fact itā€™s upside down in my scrapbook šŸ™„

• Options
    Spent the whole afternoon outside at a wildlife park. Massive achievement as I've really been struggling to do things in the day
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I taught myself the intro to Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine in about 15 minutes (this is the tab I'm learning from just in case anyone's curious https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/bullet-for-my-valentine-tears-dont-fall-tab-s23498t5).

Well, I'm still trying to get it right and with difficulty, but I'm trying to play slightly more complicated things because you've got to push yourself to get better I guess? :joy:
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Went to workĀ 
    ā€œAnd when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.ā€ ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I taught myself the intro to Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine in about 15 minutes (this is the tab I'm learning from just in case anyone's curious https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/bullet-for-my-valentine-tears-dont-fall-tab-s23498t5).

Well, I'm still trying to get it right and with difficulty, but I'm trying to play slightly more complicated things because you've got to push yourself to get better I guess? :joy:
    I've been getting there with properly mastering it and I've just taught myself the pre-chorus also! *high fives everyone reading this*
  • Options
    Feeling a lot calmer and level headed, this afternoon :) all it takes sometimes is a chat and a laugh :) !
  • Options
    Gone through all my clothes today, so much of the same things in different sizes.Ā 

Threw out a lot of stuff as it wasnt good enough for anyone else, bin bag ready for charity shop too
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Done a 10 mile walk today, just kind of lost track of where I was walking and did 10 miles, didn't plan it at all šŸ˜‚
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to helpĀ 
  • Options
    I'm wearing a dress for the first time in years.Ā 
    And the best bit. I'm wearing it to work
  • Options
    Made some brownies (photo of them before there cooked ) as a reward for when I finish my second induction task and No @mike you canā€™t have any till I get my carrot cake ;)Ā  :p

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    THIS IS MASSIVE

. I spoke on the tannoy at work. (I spoke in the speaker at Primark - where they go like "This is a collegue anouncenent could John , come to customer services, thats john to customer services" i did that but with different name lol. I dont work at customer services but i work very near it so i always go in there to give them clothes that have been dumped and are for down stairs so i speak to them at customer services and wanted to try lol

idek how i did it. I told myself " i would never speak on that tannoy, i have the worst shakey nerve voice". Idek why i did it. Sudden spontanious boost of confidence. I guess lol. Never again though. Felt great to do. But yeah way tooooooo scarey lol i donā€™t know how people do that all the time.Ā 
    ā€œAnd when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.ā€ ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2019
    Shaunie said:
    THIS IS MASSIVE

. I spoke on the tannoy at work. (I spoke in the speaker at Primark - where they go like "This is a collegue anouncenent could John , come to customer services, thats john to customer services" i did that but with different name lol. I dont work at customer services but i work very near it so i always go in there to give them clothes that have been dumped and are for down stairs so i speak to them at customer services and wanted to try lol

idek how i did it. I told myself " i would never speak on that tannoy, i have the worst shakey nerve voice". Idek why i did it. Sudden spontanious boost of confidence. I guess lol. Never again though. Felt great to do. But yeah way tooooooo scarey lol i donā€™t know how people do that all the time.Ā 
    As someone who gets socially anxious and stutters, I can appreciate how big this is. Well done @Shaunie - sometimes that nervous energy can translate into confidence. :)

Also that brownie mix looks freaking delicious @Millie2787! I hope they were good when they were cooked too. :tongue:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    @mike yes yes they were delicious , hereā€™s a photo of the cooked ones just to make you Abit more jealousĀ 

Also today I finished the final task of my induction and managed to get myself out the house to the library to print it all off.
  • Options
    I did my geography homework. Took me 75 minutes to do but it was really good. I did 1 and a half pages of writing plus a massive chart
  • Options

I had an extra drink today šŸ’ƒšŸ’ƒ (have this thing where my brain only allows me to drink a certain amount each day) but today I denied that little voice in my head cause I was SO thirsty šŸ˜ŠĀ