Home Anything Goes Positivity Corner
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Boards Initiate
    Finally put myself back together and did my makeup for the day...basically at midnight 🤷‍♀️ I'm proud that I stopped crying and feeling sorry for myself eventually 
    davcr0ckDancerLaineBubblesGoesBooGreenTea
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited August 2019
    Proud that I'm doing the adult thing and switching to decaf in the afternoon in the hope I can sleep tonight..  instead of having my usual double espresso at 8pm to try and avoid sleep cause nightmares 🙈 as scary as nightmares are, I need to remember it's just a nightmare, I'm not back in my past, they can't hurt me anymore, I'm safe.. and repeat  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    davcr0ckLaine
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 1,293 Wise Owl
    I've started to make sure that I get some fresh air every day and it's done wonders for my frame of mind 😁
    davcr0ckLaine
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,644 Part of The Furniture
    I found my old Street dance teacher and I found out that she opened a dance school the same year she started teaching me. I did Street dance for 3 years before I had other commitments (first of all Ice Skating rehersals and extra lessons and then taekwondo and then tutor.) I can't believe her dance school is so local to me. I might contact her and she if she remembers me.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
    Laine
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I went out and brought Ruby some hay despite how anxious I was! (I get anxious due to having such low confidence).
    Dancerdavcr0ckLaine
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 11,543 An Original Mixlorian
    Kathryn said:
    I went out and brought Ruby some hay despite how anxious I was! (I get anxious due to having such low confidence).
    Well done!

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

Kathleen07Butterfly23
    Kathryn said:
    I am so so proud of you. It must have felt so hard for you. I understand getting anxious. You are never alone. 
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
    Kathleen07Butterfly23
    Today I volunteered to help my sister and mum with taking 2 of our cats to the vet. I could have decided to stay in bed but instead I was kind enough to go. It was crazy having 2 meowing, protesting cats in the back of the car. Oh and protesting in the waiting room and refusing to get out the box in the consultation room. It was hilarious. 
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

Mia_mooButterfly23LaineSalix_alba_2019
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I had a 45 minutes long conversation with some of the tram drivers at the Crich village tramway which was nice 

Also still getting over my close friend thing and a another baby step was made, I brushed my teeth today 😀
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Mia_mooButterfly23Laine
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Boards Initiate
    I forced myself out of the house
    BubblesGoesBooButterfly23Laine
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Miniposter England Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Managing to control my anxiety enough to get on with my day, and making it as productive as possible!
    LaineMia_moo
  • LaineLaine Fruit loop Gone for gooPosts: 2,767 Account Deactivated
    Well done @Kathryn it's just baby steps, it can be hard but i'm super proud you managed 💕

Well done for getting out the house @Mia_moo even small walks are a goal, I find it easier once i'm outside 

@davcr0ck that's good to hear, take it one step at a time and only do what you feel you can, anything is a goal :) 

Super proud @Butterfly23 I know how hard it can be to manage x

As for me, I managed to get out today, went up street for some sausage rolls. Just wish the same guy didn't keep working there because he sees me all the time 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Mia_mooKathleen07davcr0ck
    Thank you @Laine that means a lot, proud of you too! 

LaineKathleen07
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    Laine said:
    As for me, I managed to get out today, went up street for some sausage rolls. Just wish the same guy didn't keep working there because he sees me all the time 😂
    Hope you enjoyed your sausage rolls! Pretty sure the guy in the fish shop recognises me now, have no shame! 😂
    Butterfly23
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 4,093 Community Veteran
    CarolineV said:
    Laine said:
    Hope you enjoyed your sausage rolls! Pretty sure the guy in the fish shop recognises me now, have no shame! 😂
    @CarolineV and @Laine I’m pretty sure the woman in the bakery at Asda recognises me aswell now 😂😂 I have a soft spot for there salted caramel brownies 😬
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    CarolineVdavcr0ckButterfly23
    Tidied up spare bedroom and finally finished chucking stuff out, feels so refreshing 
    davcr0ckMia_moo
    Managed to get myself out for a walk

Astrid Alauda

davcr0ckButterfly23Mia_moo
    Struggled yesterday (I always do on my days off) meant to be off today but I messaged my manager explaining (they're really understanding of my mental health) so I am now working today 😊 proud that I'm managing to reach out before doing something destructive 👌(even if it is work)  also will give me some extra pennies on payday 😊 just doing a half day as they don't want to push me too hard, so will still give me time to do what I need aswell 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    davcr0ckButterfly23
    I managed to make a ham sandwich all by myself without getting bitten by any cats (only because I politely told them to piss off.) I have never been able to make a sandwich by myself due to the fact that I make so much mess.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

Butterfly23
    *oh and I add too much butter- yum yum but not healthy. At least it is Vitalite 
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

Butterfly23
    I'm proud I got out of bed this morning.
    I'm fighting back.

Astrid Alauda

davcr0ckDancerMillie2787Butterfly23
    Despite the ED voice saying I can’t eat today I managed to have breakfast even if it was only a little oaty bar 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    GreenTeaBubblesGoesBoodavcr0ckDancerAifeButterfly23
    Today I helped a crying 6 year old. She is so sweet. She will give you a cuddle for hours and maybe even sit on your lap (voluntarily.)
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

davcr0ckAifeButterfly23
    I challenged myself today and had a bagel for breakfast despite really struggling with eating lately 
    BubblesGoesBoodavcr0ckAifeButterfly23
    Managed to run through the entire show twice today.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

davcr0ckButterfly23
    Managed to do basic things today. My anxiety and depression are really holding me back. It's so much energy to just do basic things I really don't want to do, but instead of crawling back to bed, I fought through the negative thoughts and did basic things like put a washing on, bring the bins in, wash up. I did it. It was difficult but I did it. Now to master self care today and drag myself into the shower, I'm proud of myself for just trying to ignore negative thoughts and force myself to do basic things I don't want to be doing right now

Astrid Alauda

Millie2787Mia_mooDancerdavcr0ckButterfly23
    Proud of a few things today
    1- I made an important phone call
    2) I got a bus without panicking!
    3) I collected my meds (I can do this from my local pharmacy but cause it was prn I actually had to go into town to pick up the prescription and hand it in to boots as my local pharmacy would of been closed by the time I got home)
    4) I had coffee with someone I haven't seen in about 12! Years 😁 I was best friends with his sister growing up but they moved away, he's back renovating the house and bumped into him in town, as soon as he saw me he came over and gave me a hug 😂 surprised he recognized me as he was like 5/6 when they moved haha 
    davcr0ckButterfly23
    Earlier today when I freaked out I actually came out where I was hiding before the principal saw me and got involved even if that was only once. It only involved the singing teacher coming to find me. 
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

davcr0ckBubblesGoesBooButterfly23
    Proud of a few things today
    1- I made an important phone call
    2) I got a bus without panicking!
    3) I collected my meds (I can do this from my local pharmacy but cause it was prn I actually had to go into town to pick up the prescription and hand it in to boots as my local pharmacy would of been closed by the time I got home)
    4) I had coffee with someone I haven't seen in about 12! Years 😁 I was best friends with his sister growing up but they moved away, he's back renovating the house and bumped into him in town, as soon as he saw me he came over and gave me a hug 😂 surprised he recognized me as he was like 5/6 when they moved haha 
    I am so proud of you. Well done.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

davcr0ckBubblesGoesBooButterfly23
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Got over my break up within half a day and walked the dog in the pouring rain and I didn't get soaked through to my underwear but it was nice to escape the house 😁😁
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Kathleen07Butterfly23