Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Last night i dyed my hair. At like 2 am lol. Fuck knows why. I was bored and had the energy. I hate dying my hair so just really wanted to get it over with. Its turned out more black than dark brown... every time lol. It will fade in the sun i hope. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    1. I brushed my hair.

2. I ate lamb.

3. I went to sleep at a reasonable time.

4. I wore my retainer all night even if it hurts a lot. :(

5. I didn't count any calories at all.

6. I didn't swear at all.

7. I opened up about my eating worries (even if I told Childline instead of my parents.)

8. I had some me time.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Travelled by mini cab alone for the 1st time. I feel a bit scared though but it is normal as I don't know the driver.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    I made an amazing moodboard for a textiles project.

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Went out for a run when I really really really didn't want to but feel amazing and proud now!!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    You guys continue to do good and make me proud for y'all <3
    I did an absolutely amazing narrative account about the French Revolution. It looks very impressive to me based on the fact that I an only in year 8 and I am absolute pants at history. Here it is: 

On May 5th 1789, King Louis XVI called forth the Estates General for the first time in a long time. This features the clergy, the noblemen and the rest of France together. On June 17th 1789 after being removed from the Estates General, the third estate formed the National Assembly. Then they swear an oath to the Tennis Court that they would not leave. This is why this key event is called the Tennis Court Oath. On July 14th 1789, angry revolutionaries stormed the Bastille. By doing this it does not only just serve to make a statement against the monarchy but the mob also managed to attain weapons and gunpowder that were kept in the prison. This is why this key event is called Storming of the Bastille. On 26th August 1789, The Declaration of the Rights of Man is written and states that all men are equal under the law. However, women and children were not affected by this document. This key event was called Declaration of the Rights of Man. On October 5th 1789, Parisian market women lead a march on Versailles to protest about scarcity and the high price of bread. This key event was called March on Versailles. On July 12th 1790 the Civil Constitution of the Clergy is published which allowed the government control of the Church. Because money was desperately needed, the government began to sell church land. This key event was called Civil Constitution of the Clergy. On 20th June 1791, King Louis XVI and his family attempted to flee from France but they were caught at Verannes. Then they are sent back to Paris and the king gets forced to go on trial. This key event is known as the Royal Family attempts to flee. On 21st January 1793 the king gets executed by the guillotine after being put on trial. Between September 1793 and July 1794 thousands of people are sentenced to death by execution. This is caused by conflict between two political parties- the Jacobins and the Girondins. Maximilien, the leader of the Jacobins, arises as the new leader of the Revolution. On 27th July 1794, Maximilien Robespierre, leader of the Jacobins was executed and the power of the Jacobins fell with him. Due to his execution, The Girondins gained more power. This narrative account was based on a timeline of 10 key events of the French Revolution. I found most of this information on https://www.preceden.com/timelines/32587-french-revolution-10-key-events-timeline. I used the information from this website and put it into my own words (or I at least tried to.) 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Been signed off officially for the end of my childcare course and all coursework was completed to distinction 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Today I found out at the orthodontist that I only need to wear my retainer part time. The orthodontist and consultant said that I have done such a good job with my retainer and dental hygiene. 
    Done more assignement work than i thought i would
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I have 119 signatures on my petition in just 30 hours.
    The amount of work I have done this month!!  I have unfortunately taken the weekend of sick and going to get paid less. But then I am even proud of calling in sick and seeing is taking care of myself and working out my priorities 
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I just started placing random stair down and made an bridge out of it in minecraft 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    I gave up a seat on the bus for a disabled elderly person. He was so grateful and I feel so good I did a good thing. 

Just this week I have walked 15 miles. It sounds exhausting but that is nothing compared to what I do on an average week.

Monday- 5.36 miles
    Tuesday- 5.66 miles
    Today- 4.09 miles
    Total= 15.11 miles

Average per day= 5.03 miles

Last week:

Monday- 3.65 miles 
    Tuesday- 3.66 miles
    Wednesday- 2.7 miles
    Thursday- 2.92 miles
    Friday- 3.4 miles
    Saturday- 3.9 miles
    Sunday- 3.53 miles
    Total- 14.85 miles
    Average per day= 2.12 miles (not bad)

Well I know it was less but that is still quite good. This month I have done 78.05 miles and 182,671 steps (average of 8303 per day.) 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    All very positive love it guys! So proud 💕

I've managed to get my packing done, print off my ticket, went shopping, got a shower and still managed to get in college on time while feeling pretty decent looking!  X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Been to work and answered one of my module assignment questions which I'm feeling pretty proud about. 😊🙃
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I got an assist in my ice hockey game today and it helped us win which qualified is for playoffs. I'm super proud and happy because even though I play on high level teams, I'm not really a player that puts up many points and to put up a point in a do or die game feels amazing!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    edited May 2019
    Shaunie said:
    Been to work and answered one of my module assignment questions which I'm feeling pretty proud about. 😊🙃
    Same again today yay
    I made this dream catcher and bunch of friendship bracelets with young carers 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Fantastic work guys! 
    Hope the petition takes off well @Aidan ! X

Great to hear it @shaunie ! Hope it's going well for you :)

Thats amazing @Anch0r33 ! You should definitely feel proud,  hope you've treated yourself :)

And the bracelets and dream catcher are simply mesmerising @Millie2787 ! X

Hope eeveryone has a fan weekend! Every achievement is a goal 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Yesterday I reached a new goal whilst doing my physio. I managed to stand up without help or even holding onto a table and walk without pain at all. :) I have struggled with walking without pain for a couple of weeks so I am trying physio to see if it will help and at the moment it is. 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I easily learned to read guitar tabs so that I can learn to play songs (when I can't do it by ear). And within a few minutes I had learned the beginning of one of my favourites :)
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Painted my nails last night love the colour - purple for next week carers week. 

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    edited June 2019
    Just trying to think positively about when I go back to cycling. I don’t want to be nervous every time a veichle reverses. So I’m listening some positives 

it could of been worse. I didn’t get hurt badly 
    grateful for bystanders that helped out.
    damage could of been worse both in terms of bike and injury. at least I know what to do if a similar situation was to happen again (although I hope not).  
    Most other times I’ve been hit I have avoided it by managing to stay up right or counterbalancing which shows I have great bike handiling skills) just was unfortunate with Saturday 
    I’m aware of blind spots of all vehicles.

my star sign horoscope always seems right lol (I’m picies) 

I didn't throw orange juice over a year 10 at lunchtime although I was very tempted to due to what she was doing 
    Navigated London and the tube system by myself 
    I managed to not have a panic attack when reading a letter saying that I need another MMR jab because of an outbreak which I am unprotected from. 
    Attucally in love with this photo I took today 

edited June 2019
    I chased a 6 year old down the rocky road three times and getting him off a residents wall. I then had to help his injured 8 year old sister up the third time and piggy back her to her mother. Isn't that kind? And I stayed off my phone for a whole 30 minutes. We are BFF's and she moved to the area last week. She is so nice and lives right across the road so isn't far at all. Finally someone who is not either an adult, teenager or baby in the area. Her 6 year old brother is so crazy. He had no shoes or top on- just running down the road in his trousers. It was hilarious. 😂😂😂😂😂