Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I've started to make sure that I get some fresh air every day and it's done wonders for my frame of mind 😁
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I found my old Street dance teacher and I found out that she opened a dance school the same year she started teaching me. I did Street dance for 3 years before I had other commitments (first of all Ice Skating rehersals and extra lessons and then taekwondo and then tutor.) I can't believe her dance school is so local to me. I might contact her and she if she remembers me.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I went out and brought Ruby some hay despite how anxious I was! (I get anxious due to having such low confidence).
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kathryn said:
    I went out and brought Ruby some hay despite how anxious I was! (I get anxious due to having such low confidence).
    Well done!
    Kathryn said:
    I am so so proud of you. It must have felt so hard for you. I understand getting anxious. You are never alone. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Today I volunteered to help my sister and mum with taking 2 of our cats to the vet. I could have decided to stay in bed but instead I was kind enough to go. It was crazy having 2 meowing, protesting cats in the back of the car. Oh and protesting in the waiting room and refusing to get out the box in the consultation room. It was hilarious. 
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I had a 45 minutes long conversation with some of the tram drivers at the Crich village tramway which was nice 

Also still getting over my close friend thing and a another baby step was made, I brushed my teeth today 😀
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    I forced myself out of the house
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Managing to control my anxiety enough to get on with my day, and making it as productive as possible!
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Well done @Kathryn it's just baby steps, it can be hard but i'm super proud you managed 💕

Well done for getting out the house @Mia_moo even small walks are a goal, I find it easier once i'm outside 

@davcr0ck that's good to hear, take it one step at a time and only do what you feel you can, anything is a goal :) 

Super proud @Butterfly23 I know how hard it can be to manage x

As for me, I managed to get out today, went up street for some sausage rolls. Just wish the same guy didn't keep working there because he sees me all the time 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Thank you @Laine that means a lot, proud of you too! 

• CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    Laine said:
    As for me, I managed to get out today, went up street for some sausage rolls. Just wish the same guy didn't keep working there because he sees me all the time 😂
    Hope you enjoyed your sausage rolls! Pretty sure the guy in the fish shop recognises me now, have no shame! 😂
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    CarolineV said:
    Laine said:
    Hope you enjoyed your sausage rolls! Pretty sure the guy in the fish shop recognises me now, have no shame! 😂
    @CarolineV and @Laine I’m pretty sure the woman in the bakery at Asda recognises me aswell now 😂😂 I have a soft spot for there salted caramel brownies 😬
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Tidied up spare bedroom and finally finished chucking stuff out, feels so refreshing 
    Managed to get myself out for a walk
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Struggled yesterday (I always do on my days off) meant to be off today but I messaged my manager explaining (they're really understanding of my mental health) so I am now working today 😊 proud that I'm managing to reach out before doing something destructive 👌(even if it is work)  also will give me some extra pennies on payday 😊 just doing a half day as they don't want to push me too hard, so will still give me time to do what I need aswell 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I managed to make a ham sandwich all by myself without getting bitten by any cats (only because I politely told them to piss off.) I have never been able to make a sandwich by myself due to the fact that I make so much mess.
    *oh and I add too much butter- yum yum but not healthy. At least it is Vitalite 
    I'm proud I got out of bed this morning.
    I'm fighting back.
    Today I helped a crying 6 year old. She is so sweet. She will give you a cuddle for hours and maybe even sit on your lap (voluntarily.)
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I challenged myself today and had a bagel for breakfast despite really struggling with eating lately 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Managed to run through the entire show twice today.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Proud of a few things today
    1- I made an important phone call
    2) I got a bus without panicking!
    3) I collected my meds (I can do this from my local pharmacy but cause it was prn I actually had to go into town to pick up the prescription and hand it in to boots as my local pharmacy would of been closed by the time I got home)
    4) I had coffee with someone I haven't seen in about 12! Years 😁 I was best friends with his sister growing up but they moved away, he's back renovating the house and bumped into him in town, as soon as he saw me he came over and gave me a hug 😂 surprised he recognized me as he was like 5/6 when they moved haha 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Earlier today when I freaked out I actually came out where I was hiding before the principal saw me and got involved even if that was only once. It only involved the singing teacher coming to find me. 
    Proud of a few things today
    1- I made an important phone call
    2) I got a bus without panicking!
    3) I collected my meds (I can do this from my local pharmacy but cause it was prn I actually had to go into town to pick up the prescription and hand it in to boots as my local pharmacy would of been closed by the time I got home)
    4) I had coffee with someone I haven't seen in about 12! Years 😁 I was best friends with his sister growing up but they moved away, he's back renovating the house and bumped into him in town, as soon as he saw me he came over and gave me a hug 😂 surprised he recognized me as he was like 5/6 when they moved haha 
    I am so proud of you. Well done.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Got over my break up within half a day and walked the dog in the pouring rain and I didn't get soaked through to my underwear but it was nice to escape the house 😁😁
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Yesterday I managed to not swear when I hurt my leg. I really hope I recover in time for the show. I haven't done 30 hours of rehearsing for nothing. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    ate bad food today. Well I dunno If should be that proud considering felt forced and no control. But didn't purge. Let's hope it's not stuck on my heart 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley