Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The “last movie you watched” thread

Comments

• Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Watched Avengers: Endgame in cinemas on opening night. Cried like a baby :'(
  • Options
    sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    - The greatest showman
    - The little mermaid 1 & 2
    - Beauty and the beast (both cartoon and live, live was the best!)
    - high school musicals (countless times😜)
    - the Cinderella stories (countless times too!)
    - camp rock (again so many times)
    - the parent trap (x1000 again!)
    - pocahontas
    - the princess and the frog
    - Aladdin
    - hotel transylvania 3
    - wreck-it ralph 2
    - black panther
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Bad mums. Quite good
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Bad mums. Quite good
    I like that film 

I just watched a streetcat named bob - it’s emotional but lovely
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Currently watching Mamma Mia. I almost always watch that film. However I have watched Sing about 5 weeks ago. I have also watched the 1999 version of Annie about 6 weeks ago. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2019
    Last movie I saw at the cinema was Eighth Grade. One of the most authentic, empathetic and immersive movies I've seen in a while. Really throws you into the life of a young girl going through school, and the wonderful disaster that life can be when you're young.

Written by Bo Burnham and has a killer soundtrack. The girl who plays the main character (Kayla) is awesome too. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Oooh @Mike I saw Eighth Grade last year and really loved it for a lot of the same reasons you mentioned! I also liked seeing how much growing up and school has changed now that smart phones are absolutely everywhere, made me feel like a bit of an old fogey though! :lol:

I watched Captain Marvel last night and it was a lot of fun, the end action scenes after Carol had fully realised her powers were so over the top and explosive it was great to watch.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I've been working my way through the X Men franchise all week. First Class was last night - the movie that made me fall in love with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender. Tonight is Days of Future Past and I'm pretty stoked. Think it's my favourite X Men movie.
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    Long Walk To Freedom- about Nelson Mandela
    The Hate You Give
    The Greatest Showman- About a circus but it is very sad near the end
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    The boy in the stripped pyjamas, very sad film. 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Stephanie said:
    The boy in the stripped pyjamas, very sad film. 
    Don't you mean striped though? I love that film even if it is really sad. Nothing is as sad as the ending of The Greatest Showman or Long Walk To Freedom.
  • Options
    Ghostbusters & Ghostbusters II

I seriously never tire of Dan Aykroyd's delivery of "It's the Stay Puft marshmallow man"
  • Options
    Aladdin! Doing it at summer school next month. So excited!
  • Options
    Toy Story 4
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    I really want to see both those films @Kasa2103 & @Shaunie! Were they good?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Aife
     Toy Story 4 was really good!!!
    I love going cinema. Lion king is out on 19 th!
  • Options
    Aife said:
    I really want to see both those films @Kasa2103 & @Shaunie! Were they good?
    100%
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Last movie I watched was shaft on netflix 

It has Samuel Jackson and he goes round shooting bad people and his no gun brother comes along and they both work together to work on a case together, 

It's worth a watch 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    Dumb and Dumber Too

Although it is a 15, my history teacher put it on for us as we were working really well even with all the sugar we ate at lunchtime. Yum yum.

Something about bullfighting:

I do not recommend. It is so sad and has loads of violence and upsetting scenes. 
  • Options
    Sicario 1&2. Both are great movies but the first one is a cinematic masterpiece. Can't believe it took me so long to see it!
  • Options
    High School Musical 2
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    @Kasa2103

Haven’t watched HSM for soooo long but used to be one of my favourite films 💗

• Options
    @Kasa2103

Haven’t watched HSM for soooo long but used to be one of my favourite films 💗

What time is it? It's summer time. Just 2 hours and 4 minutes to go! Then adios bullies and anxiety!
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I actually just watched Chef for the first time last night! It was a pretty good movie but oh it made me sooooo hungry, definitely don't recommend watching on an empty stomach. :lol:
  • Options
    Saw Spider-Man: Far From Home last night with my dad! Loved it <3
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    The Lion King!! It was amazing and baby Simba is just too cute <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife said:
    The Lion King!! It was amazing and baby Simba is just too cute <3
    I really really really want to see that film. It sounds so cute. Baby simba in the original film was too cute as well.

It's the circle of life! Baby, toddler, child, teenager, adult, middle aged, elderly! We all go through it! 
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Can't wait to watch the lion king also need to watch Yesterday (The movie based on The Beatles music) and toy story 4. I've got a lot to catch up on
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Skellig! It is so sad but also beautiful at the end.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I, Robot

I always forget how much I love this movie. Bit of a cliché AI story, but the way it's written and the cast just make it more enjoyable than a lot of similar movies for me. The guy that voice acts Sonny (the robot) does an incredible job, too.

will smith art GIFwill smith art GIF
    will smith art GIF

Post edited by JustV on