Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What made you laugh today?

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I broke my slat on my bed just by kneeling On it and this is how my dad fixes it 😂 with electrical tape 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Oh dear @Millie2787! Hope it doesn't break again! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Oh dear @Millie2787! Hope it doesn't break again! 
    @Aife it’s the second one I’ve broke 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @Millie2787 Oopsy haa! Those planks are easy to break though. Hope you don't have too much of a dip in your bed :p
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    @Millie2787 Oopsy haa! Those planks are easy to break though. Hope you don't have too much of a dip in your bed :p
    @Aife 😂😂 I have a memory foam mattress so if it does dip I’ll be like sleeping in the floor - might have to sleep on the other side 😮
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @Millie2787 those slats are always really easy to break, I remember breaking them a few times when I was little. My sister used to have a bed with slats and used to have to sleep on the other side cause there was a big dip in the mattress  haha. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited March 2019
    I throw Teddy's toy on the coffee table. He went to get it by jumpin on the table - when he could of just went round the other side lol. And then by the time he is one the table he just sits there and then lays down staring at everyone hahah- when a min a go he was just hyper and playing. 
    just loves bein centre of attention lol

(i do regularly clean the table lol)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Ahhh I meant to post this Thursday but didn’t press post comment so let’s all pretend that I did 😂

Sat outside with some of the Children at placement today doing a maths activity and one of the children’s comes up to me and goes “Aimeeee It’s really hot , I’m like a Lobster in a pan “
    Some weeks these kids cease to amaze me 

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    This happened a couple days ago but... I cat-sit for my neighbour when she's away. Well, one of the cat's toys went behind the TV, so I bent over in an attempt to get it. And suddenly, I felt something heavy with paws on my back... :joy: (yes, the cat climbed onto my back and just sat there until I forced him to get off). Someone should've been there to film it.
    Sat on the bus and there’s a Bunny in a pram 😂😂

"Holy nearly swears after april fools prank - This Morning "
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

https://youtu.be/25ZqRFM3z5c
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    "Holy nearly swears after april fools prank - This Morning "
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

https://youtu.be/25ZqRFM3z5c
    I watched this yesterday! Such a good prank! Holly was so sweet to that lady!

This made me giggle 😂😂😂
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    This was Saturday night but I forgot to post about it:

I nearly walked into the shower with my clothes on! Yeesh... Someone's evidently tired.
    Louie day watching London marathon 🤣

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    This photo of Dave (my emotional support stuffed cow.) He is getting ready for his amazing day out. I'm sure his favourite part will be seeing my friends and the teachers (if they don't laugh at me.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I always jump in the shower with my glasses on,  they end up getting a clean too 😂

Awe Dave is so adorable! I might post a picture of my various mascots I take out with me daily at some point 😄 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

😂😂
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    That's amazing 😂 

As for me,  Someone got on the bus home and sat in the seats to the right of me,  she bought a dog bed that was in a bag,  and when she sat down the dog just laid in the bag on the bed 😂
    If it fits,  it sits! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited May 2019
    On my group chat with the people from my corse of Peer support training. 
    Someone is at the sea side so they sent a picture of the Pier with their hand at the bottom of it - making it out like theyre supporting the Pier and then he wrote " doing some great pier support today" literally thought that is soo funny ahah😂😂😂😂😂😂
    edited June 2019
    Something that made me smile was a dog walking home with owner with his big bag of treats in his mouth. Sooo cute. He/she was holding them cause they was his/her lol
    My sister was talking to me earlier about some of the teachers that she had when she was in secondary school (I go to the same school that she used to go to.) She made me laugh by saying that she gave one of the teachers (her sixth form psychology/sociology teacher) a really funny nickname. She also said that on her last day she wrote Laters [nickname I am not mentioning as it will get me and my sister into big trouble.] She also used to always hide the teachers stuff so the teacher would have to find her and ask where the stuff was. She used to hide chairs, the chalk, pens and the pencil case in other classrooms. Cheeky. I will definitely grow up to be just like her. Well maybe a little different because she didn't use The Site (it would have been The Site when she was in the 16-25 age group which is between 2003 and 2012.) At least I don't think that she did.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    edited June 2019
    Teddy is so funny bless him. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂All he wants is for me to play with him but hard to breath. He has been coming up to me with all sorts of toys. Pushing it against me and staring at me asking me to play with him. Ive gotten fed up of throwing his toys today. So i just stopped the times hes been asking. So hes been getting different random toys thinking that will make me throw it. And now he has got his wet food all the way from down stairs, held it in his mouth, came onto my bed and dropped his wet food on my lap😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂ew. I didnt even know what he had in his mouth. And i was just there thinking oh this is grim and hes just staringg at me waiting for me to throw his lump of wet food 😭😭😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. 
    edited July 2019
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My dad came round and started accusing me of self harming cause there was 'blood' on my hand and I had to tell him in fact that it's just strawberry juice 😂😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    There was a dog who we had never seen before in our front garden. My mum and sister saw it and my mum told the dog to go away as it was about to wee in our front garden. My sister thought that it was female because the dog squatted to have a wee after it left our garden. It was actually male. She didn't realise that until she saw its testicles and other boy dog part. She said "maybe it's gay." I understand that is not a very nice thing to laugh about but my sister always says the most random things. 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    My silly cat Loki! Every time I go into the living room he's curled himself up into a different position in his bed, it's like he's a contortionist trying to entertain us all. :lol:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    I shouldn't have laughed really but my cat Howl got scared by the thunder and ran head first into the front door :#
    At gymnastics one of the coaches we had (we had 2 coaches in our group due to the size and craziness) mentioned that in the 2nd group she had there was a gymnast with no common sense whatsoever. Basically she asked the gymnasts to do a straddle jump off the beam. All of them except one person did it correctly. The other person decided that they would do it backwards. They were so so close to landing on the beam which would have hurt, been embarrassing and potentially dangerous. Luckily they landed on the mat and on their feet. The coach said "Did I tell you to do it backwards." She was just like "at least I did it." True sass!
    I shouldn't have laughed really but my cat Howl got scared by the thunder and ran head first into the front door :#
    Lol. My cat usually does that too.