Home Sex & Relationships
We're aware of several bugs/changes to the discussion boards. We're looking into them and will give an update as soon as we can. Thank you for bearing with us. :)

So, honestly...

1356714

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing wrong with that. Would you think it's wierd if someone you barely knew asked you how you were doing?

    Actually, yeah! They'd get a good raised eyebrow from me! :D

    I do see what you mean though. It kinda depends on the situation for me though. If its something I could get a conversation out of then I'm usually alright. It's just when the situation isn't very interesting I get stuck.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    Snerd - stop stereotyping woemn; we're NOT all the same.:rolleyes:



    never did stop judging and assuming i am doing so...its bad.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dont like the majority of loud guys, think they come across as cocky bastards. The quieter ones are much better, generally have a bit more to them!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    she picked a bad time though - i was on my way out at the time and just waiting for a m8 to come out of the bogs. would have been interesting to know where the conversation would have went...

    That is so the best time to get her number. You say 'bye, it was nice talking to you' turn and start to leave, then stop and just say 'hey, can I get your number?'
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lifeless wrote:
    :eek:

    You can't really say its ALL my fault. I'm a pretty shy guy and to be honest I'm fine with that I've never wanted to be the life of the party or have an endless amount of "friends" but in order to get a girlfriend I would have to act completely different. And in the end I would rather be liked for me rather than someone I pretend to be (But I'm not holding my breath though).

    i think this is the crux of it all - i feel so pressured to act up a persona in a lot of these kind of situations - i suppose i'm lucky i can do that, i can be the chatty, crazy girl for an evening, but that's not really me - if anything then goes further i feel i've got to then keep up the act

    BUT i've experimented trying to 'be me' at parties etc, i normally feel really awkward for a while, feel like i'm really quiet and dull etc but actually the most interesting conversations i've had have been when i'm not pretending - i've actually found that the most interesting and engaging people acknowledge that situations are scary too and don't expect as much as i expect them to expect (if you see what i mean!) and then my more natural, comfortable and lively side is free to come out....
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't really go to many parties, or any lately. I don't mind though, they seem to be more about druken groping anyway, I'm looking for something more serious. :)

    It's a shame women are scary though. :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lifeless wrote:
    It's a shame women are scary though. :D

    Thanks!

    seriously though, I do understand why you think women are scary...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Regarding the "making generalisations about women" comments there are sonme generalisations, women like..... and women dont like....

    Well some are just silly like Women like loud and obnoxious guys (chicks dig jerks), not generally true.

    Some are very true like Women are more attracted to hansom men than ugly men, theres a generalisation for you, Id say its always true as in 99.999% of the time, heres another one

    Women are more attracted to confident guys than unconfident ones, which is why it can appear that loud and obnoxious guys get girls (to be honest they generally have more chance than very shy guys)

    PEOPLE not women are shallow and generally look more at the superficial than the substance, how else do you think Blair got elected.

    You guys would probably do exactly the same thing with women were you sucesfull, ie ignoring the less attractive quiet ones
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can't say women don't like loud annoying guys, just go out on a saturday night and you'll see it.
    You guys would probably do exactly the same thing with women were you sucesfull, ie ignoring the less attractive quiet ones

    No way! I prefer the quieter ones.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't see how a minority in a nightclub accounts for women on the whole.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Minority?! Hmm, maybe it's just where I live... :chin:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Women are more attracted to confident guys than unconfident ones, which is why it can appear that loud and obnoxious guys get girls (to be honest they generally have more chance than very shy guys)
    Not to take on the "argument", but what gets me is how many of them seem to think that confidence is a much bigger good thing than him liking to pick fights is a bad thing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well on a Saturday night I also see more loud annoying guys get rejected by girls, so go figure. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they tend to approach more girls? Just a thought.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had loads of people tell me it's a numbers game but doesn't that seem wrong to anyone else?

    I mean going from woman to woman just hoping that one will say yes. It just seems desperate and not very dignified. :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not to take on the "argument", but what gets me is how many of them seem to think that confidence is a much bigger good thing than him liking to pick fights is a bad thing.

    Not realy sure what you mean there
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Not realy sure what you mean there
    I mean, ok, confidence is good, understood. But many women (in my knowledge, at least) seem to disregarg the fact that their boyfriend is someone who'd kick the hell out of someone if the latter told him he had done something stupid, or perhaps for no reason at all.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I mean, ok, confidence is good, understood. But many women (in my knowledge, at least) seem to disregarg the fact that their boyfriend is someone who'd kick the hell out of someone if the latter told him he had done something stupid, or perhaps for no reason at all.

    I dont realy agree almost all wonem like a confident man, a large amount like a guy that can handle himself and a sad minority like a guy who likes beating people up cause he can.
    Usually though most night club type fights are just loud confruntations with someone a similer size, which is just normal larger loutish behavure and not violence for violence sake
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some are very true like Women are more attracted to hansom men than ugly men, theres a generalisation for you, Id say its always true as in 99.999% of the time, heres another one

    but what one woman may find attractiver, another will think is ugly...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am NOT a self pitying bloke and i dont apreciate being used as an example
    These questions are GENUINE questions and concerns.
    I never said it wasnt fair about not being able to get a girl and I never said its everyone else's fault
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think a talker girl and a listner lad complement each other nicely.

    and vice versa
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    but what one woman may find attractiver, another will think is ugly...
    I think it's possible to generalise to some extent. There are certain qualities in a man that the vast majority of women like, and find attractive. But of course, men are great, and so have so many of these different qualities to choose from (:p), so you'll find that different women will put emphasis on different things. So while one women may consider confidence to be her number one priority in finding someone attractive, another might consider social status, or artistic talent, or intelligence, or physical looks, or athletic ability, or plenty of other qualities that someone might have. And this is discounting sense of humour, which is so varied that it's a matter of personal taste whether you find a guy funny and have a similar sense of humour.

    I think as a man, if you want to become more attractive to girls, it's important to figure out which of these are your strongest points, and the things that people are most likely to find you attractive for. You've then got to emphasise these and do something with them. It's not about changing your personality, it's about emphasising the best parts of your existing personality. But it's not about attracting girls, you've got to do it because you want to and because it will improve your life.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What i'm saying is you can't say all girls like XXX or all lads like XXX


    Girls wouldn't give a XXXX for anything else ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you all think about it too much.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Driving home from work tonight, I saw all the "nice" girls getting drunk off their ass and getting felt up by chav scum and I chuckled to myself. I can't believe I let you lot convince me there's such thing as a nice girl.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    SophiA wrote:
    Please just buy a blow up doll so you can take all your anger, hatred and bitterness out on that, because the idea that a girl could end up unwittingly going out with you frightens me.

    It sounds to me like you're rather jealous of all the "chav scum" who've managed to go out and find some girls to feel up, while all you can do is sit at home fuming about how they've all rejected you.

    Meh, I could easily go find some drunk girl to touch up but whats the point? Apart from cathcing some STDs. And why the fuck does the idea of someone going out with me frighten you? I haven't hit anyone since I was in secondary school and that was because some prick attacked me.

    You know, you're pretty judgemental.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lifeless wrote:
    Driving home from work tonight, I saw all the "nice" girls getting drunk off their ass and getting felt up by chav scum and I chuckled to myself. I can't believe I let you lot convince me there's such thing as a nice girl.

    All the 'nice girls'?

    What the fuck are you, some kind of sorcerer who can see everyone in the world and ascertain their personality via a quick glance?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Infinite wrote:
    All the 'nice girls'?

    What the fuck are you, some kind of sorcerer who can see everyone in the world and ascertain their personality via a quick glance?

    Man, that would be fucking awesome!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is amazing, you actually made me laugh as I read this. Are you afraid of women?

    Say, what are you doing home on a friday night? I thought you were supposed to be some kind of ladies man? Too obsessed with your own balls to leave the house?
Sign In or Register to comment.