Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So, honestly...

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Therein lies your problem. Go join a sunday league football team, or play for a pub pool team. Go to gigs as well, how were you really expecting to meet people if you give up the way you interact for real.
  • Options
    listen, ive got enough trouble interacting with people, even going to the shops to buy something, god knows i can't do it by participating in social events. besides, i've tried it and just feel like shit.

iguess i'd better be quite now.

it'll make a change.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    I take it you're the oldest then.
    THAT'S more like it!

Bit more of that when you're chatting to people & you're sorted. :thumb:

Seriously I think this is the first post I've seen from you where you aren't feeling nagative towards others & yourself, & that sort of attitude gets you nowhere. This is better - shows a bit of spark & personality & actual confidence. Keep it up!

Also, am I right in thinking you're from a small town? It sounds like the social scene where you are is pretty small. You will find in places like that people have a sheep-like quality - they all seem to be into the same stuff, go to the same places & do the same things. They don't dare do anything different as when they look around them they see all the people around them all acting the same & think they have to act the same too, for fear they'll end up, say, posting on a forum saying they can't get a date because everyone around them is the same ;) . Especially because a lot of them will have formed cliques at school or college & don't dare be different because they're scared of losing friends (who aren't friends anyway if they'd dump someone for that reason).

For all my teens & adult life so far, I've lived in 2 small towns in the same area, & this has pretty much been my experience. Especially cos I'm into alt/rock/goth stlyes of music, so the social scene is even smaller still. It's the same few people going to the same few clubs. I've pretty much given up on finding anyone round here - for starters I'm bi, but all the girls who seem to be into girls turn out to be '*giggle* Look! I'm holding hands with a girl! Look how cool & daring & cutting edge I am!'. Does that mean I think all girls are like this? No - I realise it's just that some people are immature & so desperate to look cool they'll do anything to get attention. And while they seem like the majority, I know they're just a minority. There are people out there who aren't immature attention whores. Just a case of finding them. Not much chance me getting a bloke either - I'll be 26 next week, so most people my age (male or female), have either managed to get the hell out of here, or settled down with someone, or got bored of the social scene so I'd have to make the opportunity to track them down (& TBH I really can't be arsed). Of course there are a few people my age who still live around here & still go out, but they tend to be people I know & am not interested in, or they've dated loads of my friends.

However, I'm not getting down about this. Why? Firstly, because I'm happy as I am, & realise I don't need a partner to be complete. Sure, it's nice to have someone to be intimate with & share everything with, but not neccessary. Secondly, I'm not going to be here all my life. I'm leaving to go to uni next month (so don't say it's too late to change - you just gotta make opportunity), & even if I wasn't, I'd know I would find some way out. And then I could try somewhere else - find a new social circle, new clubs, a new set of friends, new potential dates.
  • Options
    You're right I am from a small town. And your experience sounds extremely similar to mine. And I'm actually kind of glad that someone knows what I'm talking about because I was starting to think that I was living in some bizarre parallel universe or something.

The thing is, I don't think I would be any happier in the bigger cities either. They're far too crowded and I find it a bit hard to breathe there aswell. Plus I am a bit of a nature freak which is pretty ironic given my computer freakiness.

I don't know. I've got a lot of thinking to do...

p.s. Why is this thread back? I thought it had gone!