Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So, honestly...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what is it about introverts you women hate? Or do men have to be loud and obnoxious before you consider them date worthy? :impissed:

And why can't I register a new name?! :impissed:

Comments

• Options
    For me, men don't have to be loud...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    For me, men don't have to be loud...
    Same here.
  • Options
    Loud, obnoxious men are more likely to ask women out. You don't ask, you don't get.

I am with the king of introverts, and I had to chase him every step of the way. It was definitely worth it, but you don't know that straight away, and I think a lot of other women would just have given up and/or assumed he wasn't interested.
  • Options
    Some people are the opposite, they actively dislike extroverts! The quiet guy always seems to be more intriguing in my opinion :blush:
  • Options
    Why do you think every single women hates and likes the exact same thing?
  • Options
    someone mentioned earlier that the confident type is wat is attractive, i agree with that. But then again...with introverts a lot of stuff is new to them [like if u take them out]. it makes things better and more special cuz its not like ehh..ive been here before...or i come here all the time..i like introverts the best.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    what is it about introverts you women hate? Or do men have to be loud and obnoxious before you consider them date worthy?

I think extrovert guys do better in pubs/clubs etc. But if you already know the girl, from work or wherever, then I don't think it makes too much of a difference. Of course you still need the confidence to ask her out, and to keep advancing the physical side. Most girls prefer the guy to lead.
  • Options
    I don't know many loud obnoxious men who have proper girlfriends. I don't know many cronically shy men who have girlfriends. Most people fall somewhere in the middle, and this is the group that seem to have girlfriends more often. Oh, and as kaffrin said, the loud obnoxious ones are more likely to ask people out, and therefore are more likely to pull every now and then, but this doesn't mean that they are going to be more successful in relationships. But what's all this "girls like....." bullshit? Different girls like different things.
  • Options
    i know a few loud obnoxious men who have girlfriends, many whom are loud an obnoxious women, of which both the male and the female in the relationship, i wish i didnt know
  • Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    I don't believe that extroversion / introversion is what makes or breaks a person meeting a person. What I do believe is the apparent belief that extroverted / loud or semi obnoxious men appear confident. Would this be more what women like or want to see? I know that confident people tend to grab my attention more so than those that are shy and retire to the corner.
  • Options
    loud extrovert (in an annoying fashion) appear like cocks to me, as opposed to confident
  • Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    MrG wrote:
    loud extrovert (in an annoying fashion) appear like cocks to me, as opposed to confident

I think its the manner in which the loud extrovert displays and presents him/herself that makes an impression. Certainly if they are egotistical then yeah they are wank, but if they will take the time to talk and introduce themselves in a fashion that is not condescending or imposing - it oozes confidence.
  • Options
    Jamie L wrote:
    I think its the manner in which the loud extrovert displays and presents him/herself that makes an impression. Certainly if they are egotistical then yeah they are wank, but if they will take the time to talk and introduce themselves in a fashion that is not condescending or imposing - it oozes confidence.

and unfortunately for us mere mortals, makes the ladies melllllllllllllt
  • Options
    lol

women dont like loud and obnoxious i mean some chicks do...but they like a man with confidence and who can hold a conversation and be strong.

it doesnt mean a big buff guy...heck i know some girls who are attracted to short or skinny guys who have a powerful charisma and personality....

if your timid a girl aint gonna go for you unless you have a huge bank account or monster dick.
  • Options
    Snerd wrote:
    lol

women dont like loud and obnoxious i mean some chicks do...but they like a man with confidence and who can hold a conversation and be strong.

it doesnt mean a big buff guy...heck i know some girls who are attracted to short or skinny guys who have a powerful charisma and personality....

if your timid a girl aint gonna go for you unless you have a huge bank account or monster dick.

monster dicks might scare a womaN
  • Options
    Oh I love these self-pitying 'no girl wants me' threads. It's got to have been about one a day for the past few weeks.
  • Options
    Oh I love these self-pitying 'no girl wants me' threads. It's got to have been about one a day for the past few weeks.

lol man these guys dont know it aint about looks its about self esteem! some ugly guys have some hot chicks and some guys can get a good cute girl with a funny sweet personality.

if your timid and got no personality or style well you will. just have to marry and amish gal.
  • Options

Yea it bollocks. I swear half these people expect girls to fall from the sky. Girls don't tend to want you if you don't put any work in to begin with...
  • Options
    Yep, in my experience, the guys with nice girlfriends are the same guys that will come and talk to you for a bit if you see them out, rather than the one's that say "alright?" and go back to their friends. They don't need to be loud all the time, just social. Incidentally, they're the same people that I enjoy hanging around with more, and I'm not trying to sleep with them. :chin:
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Yea it bollocks. I swear half these people expect girls to fall from the sky. Girls don't tend to want you if you don't put any work in to begin with...

yup

its not even hard at all...

yu dont even have to do much...just be confident show interest with out acting desperate and tease a chick and act like you have other things important...its not hard really.

women hate those lovey dovey desperate types who will do anything they want...women love the guy who is a challenge.
  • Options
    Snerd wrote:
    yup

its not even hard at all...

yu dont even have to do much...just be confident show interest with out acting desperate and tease a chick and act like you have other things important...its not hard really.

women hate those lovey dovey desperate types who will do anything they want...women love the guy who is a challenge.

Yea, with my last girlfriend I didn't ask for her number for ages when we first met. It did her head in! haha. I played on it cus I knew I'd see her out and stuff.

After a while she was just like 'so do you want my number or what!?' I said I'd take it if she really wanted to give it to me.

Yea, I used to be a real cunt.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Yea, with my last girlfriend I didn't ask for her number for ages when we first met. It did her head in! haha. I played on it cus I knew I'd see her out and stuff.

After a while she was just like 'so do you want my number or what!?' I said I'd take it if she really wanted to give it to me.

Yea, I used to be a real cunt.

ya you have to have other options! women only cling to you and dont let you go if other women are intereted...

see women are all about the game...

if you dont have other women or options interested you gotta act like you do...women hate clingy men.

the key is when she cries dont cry with her comfort her...that show strength

if someone close to you dies or gets hurt cry with her she will hold you.

but if you get your feelings hurt dont cry she wont like you and think your a wuss.

girls are very tricky they want a guy who is sensitive yet strong...
  • Options
    Snerd wrote:
    ya you have to have other options! women only cling to you and dont let you go if other women are intereted...

if you dont have other women or options interested you gotta act like you do...women hate clingy men but they like to cling to there man.

Clinginess puts me off though, in fact it would be the prime reason I'd probably go off a girl.

I'll play with them, but I like a challenge too.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    :yes: girls just don't fall into your lap - you need to actually make some effort
    don't be so dismissing to assume that all girls like loud men - i certainly don't
    http://www.thesite.org.uk/community/reallife/rants/niceboys kermits rant is good
  • Options
    It's the opposite here :) I am in the middle of extro- and introvert, am good in socializing, not too shy to dance, but the problem is, I get zoned out in friends-zone too quickly...

As if the girls don't like men who care about them.

Guess I am meeting the wrong focus group.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Snerd wrote:

if you dont have other women or options interested you gotta act like you do...women hate clingy men.

the key is when she cries dont cry with her comfort her...that show strength

if someone close to you dies or gets hurt cry with her she will hold you.

but if you get your feelings hurt dont cry she wont like you and think your a wuss.

girls are very tricky they want a guy who is sensitive yet strong...

I have to agree, these generalisations are really quite disturbing. The important thing is to get to know people as individuals, rather than trying to build a list of theories which you believe apply to 'all women'.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Please don't claim to speak for 3 billion human beings and tell us "What women want", because clearly, you haven't got a clue, and anyway, shock horror, we are all different and what is attractive to one will not necessarily be to another.

I was about to post something very similar. :yes:

Bitterness is never an attractive quality, especially when it's misplaced. Stop blaming 'women' and these loud, buff guys for your social failure. If you want to get a girl, you have to get out and meet people, cause they wont come looking for you if you sit back and just complain about how you've been wronged, and the collective female population just pick the village idiot every time cause he's got a big mouth, or a big car, or a big dick.

If you are loud and sociable and you ask 500 girls out, even if you're the most horrendous monster, by the laws of probability at least one is gonna say yes. If you are quiet and shy and don't ask any girls out, NONE of them are gonna say yes. That's just the way the world works.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    I have to agree, these generalisations are really quite disturbing. The important thing is to get to know people as individuals, rather than trying to build a list of theories which you believe apply to 'all women'.

:yes:
    women hate clingy men

For me this is very true.
    You know what, I was just thinking the exact same thing, it's getting really tedious, every day a new thread from a bitter and resentful young man complaining that he can't get a grilfriend and it's not fair and it's everyone's fault but his and women are all bitches who only choose lager louts and I'm sich a nice guy and blah blah blah blah blah.

It's never worked like that and it never will do. Yes, it's not fair, but it's the OP's fault/problem he can't get a girlfriend.